- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

The Cone Of Keeper

Rick C
February 11th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Keeper had surgury to remove a lump in her chin . . . . biopsy results were benign as were biopsy results from a persistent rash on her private parts.

Keeper has significant allergy problems.

However, post-surgury she's a conehead again, at least for a few more days. Combine that with the cold around here and the adventures have been toned down a bit:

Below, Keeper yesterday morning at daybreak.

Abby sniffs the early morning air:

Below, Abby holds her back foot out of the snow . . . . well into the minus 20's until things warmed up considerably yesterday afternoon:

Below, early morning woobie tossing for Keeper:

Below, plainly Keeper, indominatible:

Below, a reprieve from the cone, Keeper crosses a stream in the forest, weeping in a iron-looking mix that continually adds new layers of ice.

Below, the race from the gate. After a drive, I open the rear of the Durango and . . . . they shoot out and the race to the house is on. It's 24 below in this picture.

Below, a squirrel-laden tree catches the interest of Abby and Keeper, in black and white

Below, Abby walks through the forest:

Below, on the way to the forest, a herd of elk move across a field . . . a common sight just southwest of Calgary, the cloud-clad Rockies partly hidden in the background.

Below, Saturday afternoon, too cold to walk but not so cold we couldn't scoot around the country looking for pictures to relieve the cabin fever. I waded through thigh-deep snow in a drift-laden ditch to peek the camera over a fence for this quintessential winter-on-the-prairie shot:

Rick C

February 11th, 2008, 11:38 AM
As always, amazing pictures!

February 11th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Love the pictures RickC , I'm happy the lump wasn't the big C :thumbs up adn I'm glad Keeper is still playing with her toys , even when wearing her cone :D

February 11th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Your pictures are so amazing, Rick. Poor Keeper:sick:.

February 11th, 2008, 12:36 PM
ooohhhh i like that last one :cloud9:'s so hugs for your booboo :grouphug:

February 11th, 2008, 12:45 PM
I'm glad the lump was benign :thumbs up

I love the black and white ones :thumbs up:thumbs up

February 11th, 2008, 12:50 PM
As always...

February 11th, 2008, 01:29 PM
your pictures are always so beautiful... and glad the test came out benign:)

February 11th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Glad that Keeper is okay. :thumbs up

The pics are gorgeous but my gawd it looks cold there. :eek:

jesse's mommy
February 11th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Beautiful pictures as usual! Your definitely living in paradise.

February 12th, 2008, 02:14 AM
The race to the house shot is great :thumbs up

Love the B&W ones too - awesome

Glad the lumps were benign & that Keeper is in good enough spirits with the Dreaded Elizabethan Collar on to still enjoy a game of fetch :highfive:

Thank you for sharing your wonderful photos with us :D