Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My non-shedding dog is shedding!!

crochetdiva
February 10th, 2008, 11:42 PM
My Bischon had pups 6 weeks ago and now I notice that her hair is all over the rug, and when I brush her I get a lot of hair in the brush. It isn't coming out in handfuls or anything, but she didn't leave hair on my clothes before. Is this normal in nursing dogs, or should I be concerned?

clm
February 11th, 2008, 07:50 AM
I have no idea if it's normal, you should ask another breeder or check with your vet.

Your January 20th post here about "how can you tell if puppies are getting enough milk", you had ****zu puppies:confused:.....how many kinds of dogs are you breeding? This is a very pro spray/neuter site.

clm

hazelrunpack
February 11th, 2008, 09:36 AM
After a stress such as an illness or having a litter, dogs often will 'blow' their coats. I'd still check with a vet--it could also signal an immune disorder.

If you are coming to a pro spay/neuter site for advice on litters and the aftermath of whelping, you don't seem to be very well prepared for breeding. Do you have a breeder mentor helping you? He or she should be your first resource.

crochetdiva
February 11th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Your January 20th post here about "how can you tell if puppies are getting enough milk", you had ****zu puppies:confused:.....how many kinds of dogs are you breeding? This is a very pro spray/neuter site.

clm

My pups are Bichon/shihtzu. And there won't be anymore litters. All dogs are spoken for in loving homes....in my own family. I understand this is a pro spay/neuter site.