Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Little Streets and Big B

pitgrrl
February 10th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Streets-the little man of the house
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2205/2255406958_6e1af3fb4b.jpghttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2198/2255406964_fd9fea4dcf.jpg

Basil-the big dorkus
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2318/2255406952_37b147253c.jpghttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2336/2255406946_b1a3c72ec0.jpg

....and a little taste of what's required to take one of my "sensitive" dogs out in the winter:laughing:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2050/2255406980_e68c839c90.jpg

want4rain
February 10th, 2008, 11:41 AM
*laughs* silly sensitive puppies. then again.... im wearing pj's under my clothes at -1C!!! :laughing:

so is that a ridiculously handsome tattooed daddy?? you know, we should start a tattoo bragging thread.

-ashley

pitgrrl
February 10th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Start the tattoo thread! We've got a good 30+ tattoos in this house, so I could maybe post a picture or two :laughing:

...and yeah, that's the doggie daddy. He claimed to hate dogs when I first took Basil and Streets, but now he's all about cuddling them, tucking them in a night and generally acting like a giant dog geek.

Frenchy
February 10th, 2008, 12:00 PM
I don't know why I love their coloring so much :rolleyes: :laughing:

Both of them are so gorgeous , they must be so popular in their neighborhood :lovestruck:

Street and Nelly would make such a cute couple :flirt:

Frenchy
February 10th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Start the tattoo thread! We've got a good 30+ tattoos in this house, so I could maybe post a picture or two :laughing:

We used to have a thread ..... 2-3 years ago I think. I used to have 4 but got 2 removed :sad:

want4rain
February 10th, 2008, 01:16 PM
I don't know why I love their coloring so much :rolleyes: :laughing:

i know, they are some handsome pups. that brindle color has always struck my fancy. Suidae's spots are brindle like that but with red colors. ill see about getting a pic of those too.

-ash

pitgrrl
February 10th, 2008, 01:45 PM
So is Nelly allowed to date yet? Streets likes his ladies large :laughing:
Actually, the last lady dog he really loved was an Irish Wolf Hound, so I'm not even making that up.

growler~GateKeeper
February 10th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Streets & Basil are sooo cute :flirt: I wanna sit beside them & give them :2huggers: we need to see more of them :lovestruck::lovestruck:

jiorji
February 10th, 2008, 02:43 PM
hahaha i love how they always look so pathetic. I think it's an evil ploy to look abused....tsk! those snow boots are ABUSE!!!:yell::laughing: only dorky dogs wear booties :rolleyes:...oh wait...you already mentioned Basil's a dork :laughing:

LOVE the floppy ears :cloud9:

jesse's mommy
February 10th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I just want to snuggle with them.

Frenchy
February 10th, 2008, 03:43 PM
So is Nelly allowed to date yet? Streets likes his ladies large :laughing:

Yes she is allowed but only neutered males :D and she's about 92 lbs now , big enough for Streets ? :pray:

:laughing:

chico2
February 10th, 2008, 04:13 PM
They do have that pity-ful pittie look,but I bet it's just a ploy,more kisses and cuddles for them,maybe even some cookies:laughing:
I too love brindle pups,just beautiful:dog:

pitgrrl
February 10th, 2008, 04:31 PM
The pathetic look is what Basil's all about. This is how our walks usually go: We get half a block away from home when I hear some sort of high pitched screeching. It's some lady freaking out over the matching dogs in boots. Basil, ever the gentleman, must go meet his newest friend, so he wiggles over to the screaming woman, looks up at her with his big brown eyes and then gently rubs his face against her while letting out some sort of pathetic whine/sigh/cry noise. The lady proceeds to melt, perhaps thinking he is desperately hungry or severely abused, rubs his head, coos into his ear all the while completely ignoring me or Streets as we stand there waiting for Basil to finish his well practiced routine.

When it's all over we continue on our way only the repeat the whole thing on the next block. :yell:

growler~GateKeeper
February 10th, 2008, 04:38 PM
:sorry: but :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: too funny awwwww Streets & Basil :cloud9:

Frenchy
February 10th, 2008, 04:42 PM
:laughing: good boy Basil :laughing: way to try to get some cookies :laughing:

BTW , Basil , is this from Faulty Towers ? :D

pitgrrl
February 10th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Basil is actually named Basil for a not so nice reason :o

When I decided to keep them I kept trying to come up with names but could only think of really, really cheesy ones like Salt and Pepper or....actually I can't even remember the others, but they were really bad.

So one day I go to the store and leave the dogs at my sisters thinking they'll be fine for 5 minutes. By the time I got back Basil had taken my sister's huge basil plant, ripped it up, placed sections of it, with roots and dirt attached, all over the house including on people's beds. He was laying there nibbling on the leaves looking very proud of himself, so I figured he'd earned himself the name:laughing:

Streets got his name because we were referring to both of them as Streets because that's where they were found, so it just stuck.

jiorji
February 10th, 2008, 05:32 PM
The pathetic look is what Basil's all about. This is how our walks usually go: We get half a block away from home when I hear some sort of high pitched screeching. It's some lady freaking out over the matching dogs in boots. Basil, ever the gentleman, must go meet his newest friend, so he wiggles over to the screaming woman, looks up at her with his big brown eyes and then gently rubs his face against her while letting out some sort of pathetic whine/sigh/cry noise. The lady proceeds to melt, perhaps thinking he is desperately hungry or severely abused, rubs his head, coos into his ear all the while completely ignoring me or Streets as we stand there waiting for Basil to finish his well practiced routine.

When it's all over we continue on our way only the repeat the whole thing on the next block. :yell:

HAHAHHA
:fingerscr that i one day run into Basil and Streets :D:cloud9:

you'll know who i am. I'll be the girl screaming "OMG!! BASIL AND STREETS!! i know you!!!"

they're probably the only matching dogs in Montreal :laughing:

Frenchy
February 10th, 2008, 05:42 PM
HAHAHHA
:fingerscr that i one day run into Basil and Streets :D:cloud9:

you'll know who i am. I'll be the girl screaming "OMG!! BASIL AND STREETS!! i know you!!!"

they're probably the only matching dogs in Montreal :laughing:

:laughing: very original name with a good story behind it :thumbs up

LuckyPenny met both of them and said they were extremely well behave doggies :cloud9:

luckypenny
February 10th, 2008, 06:17 PM
:lovestruck: :lovestruck: Definitely the most handsome doggies on the Main. Every time a brindle dog/dogs walked by the storefront today, my son asked if they were pitgrrl's pups....I said, "No hon, she doesn't walk her boys naked." :laughing:

Btw pitgrrl, tell their Dad to hide the 'paiement directe' machine at his shop; I'm gonna try to stop by tomorrow if I can get off early enough :goodvibes: . For someone who hates shopping, I go :crazy: when it comes to the dogs :o .

pitgrrl
February 10th, 2008, 06:22 PM
They loooooooved Lucky Penny, they didn't want to leave her. :laughing:

ETA: Oh he'll be so happy to have someone normal come into the store!
Here's a picture for ya LP.....:D
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2382/2242175720_0e81b3f038.jpg

luckypenny
February 10th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I didn't want them to leave either :sad: . Next time bring them for breakfast, ok :D ?

luckypenny
February 10th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Oh he'll be so happy to have someone normal come into the store!

Really?? You guys don't know me so well yet :laughing: .

Here's a picture for ya LP.....:D

:laughing: Soooo organized. Have you figured out how long it'll last you?

want4rain
February 10th, 2008, 06:31 PM
"No hon, she doesn't walk her boys naked."

ROFLMAO!!!! thats so funny!!! you just slay me LP!

-ash

pitgrrl
February 10th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Really?? You guys don't know me so well yet :laughing: .

Do you own hot pink sweat pants with "Sexy" written on the bum? Do you carry a Louise Vitton dog carrier with a psychotic Chi inside? Perhaps you own a Range Rover that you don't believe needs to follow traffic laws because you're just too fabulous for all that? Are you high as a kite on some variety of prescription drugs?

Unless all that applies to you, you're normal. Dog geek-dom is perfectly normal and acceptable, encouraged even :laughing:

:laughing: Soooo organized. Have you figured out how long it'll last you?

Um, 2 years? I'm seriously set up, thank you!

luckypenny
February 10th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Do you own hot pink sweat pants with "Sexy" written on the bum? Do you carry a Louise Vitton dog carrier with a psychotic Chi inside? Perhaps you own a Range Rover that you don't believe needs to follow traffic laws because you're just too fabulous for all that? Are you high as a kite on some variety of prescription drugs?

:eek: And I thought I saw it all on the Main :laughing: .

Unless all that applies to you, you're normal. Dog geek-dom is perfectly normal and acceptable, encouraged even :laughing:

Woohoo :crazy: . Can't wait til I tell the rest of the family I'm really normal :laughing: .

rainbow
February 10th, 2008, 11:39 PM
MORE PICS PLEASE !!! :yell:

I just love Basil and Streets. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
February 11th, 2008, 07:49 AM
They are gorgeous, pitgrrl! :lovestruck: I don't think I've ever seen pics before (crappy connection...but for some reason it's chugging along right fine this morning) and I'm really sorry I haven't! They really do match! :cloud9:

And this:

...is hilarious! :laughing:

And I think that outfit is very stylish, Basil and Streets, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise! :thumbs up

Love4himies
February 12th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Oh your dogs are so beautiful :cloud9::lovestruck:.

Ford Girl
February 12th, 2008, 02:01 PM
So cute!! :cloud9: Their coloring is very nice, love brindle!!! :cloud9: