Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Music Thing..

poodletalk
February 10th, 2008, 08:54 AM
I have decided I am going to Best Buy today to buy...."music thing" to listen to at the gym.

I've seen a women at the gym with the thing that I want. It's long, skinny and silver. It looks very light, she just attaches it to the wires of the stairmaster for security and then she works out.

The only problem, I don't know what you call it...and I don't see the women at the gym anymore.

I've been looking at the BestBuy website, I don't see it. I see the Ipods and MP3 players they look big and I really don't need video or anything special.

Just couple of hours of music. What does anyone suggest.

want4rain
February 10th, 2008, 09:02 AM
http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/

is the littlest biggest thing i can think of. i know quite a few people with them and they are VERY satisfied.

here is 'everything but ipod'

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/

perhaps you can find the one you are looking for there??

-ashley

poodletalk
February 10th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Thanks want4rain, Ipod apple is what I probably end up with...but it's not like the girls. The girls at the gym looked like an usb stick.

krdahmer
February 10th, 2008, 10:42 AM
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10060918&catid=

How about something like that? It's tiny and you can fit about 100 songs... plenty for a workout. I have a small Sandisk one and I am yet to fill it with songs and actually hear them all.

And I thought that with an iPod you had to buy the music at iTunes to use it... I prefer just using the music I have on the computer already.

poodletalk
February 10th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I love it! It's only 20.00$ to! It's perfect for the gym...thanks krdahmer

want4rain
February 10th, 2008, 10:58 AM
no, you can import music to iTunes and do not have to purchase them on there BUT they are more expensive than $20. :D

-ashley

CearaQC
February 10th, 2008, 11:51 AM
The only problem, I don't know what you call it...

I've been looking at the BestBuy website, I don't see it. I see the Ipods and MP3 players they look big and I really don't need video or anything special.

Just couple of hours of music. What does anyone suggest.

I have a simple MP3 player. It also has a voice recording function which I do not use. I wear it all the time when working outside mowing lawns or tending my flowers. Got it last year and think it was $40. Mine is shaped like as you described, but black. I use rechargeable batteries also but find that these devices do not burn through batteries and are quite efficient, not like the old cassette players or anything with a motor. :laughing: It has a ring on the end of it which I attach to a necklace of sorts and wear it around my neck. The headphones that came with it are too short to have it in a pocket. :laughing: I ordered it from Tiger Direct from Canada. They have two sites, one USA and one Canada. If we ever need computer supplies, we always order from them and not the big chains like Futureshop or Best Buy. Just a personal preference.

The iPod and things like that are cool... but really... it's just cheap plastic and silicone with some wires that they charge an enormous amount of money. When considering the components, it shouldn't be so expensive. :shrug::2cents:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=15&name=MP3-Audio

Lots of price ranges there, depending on how much music and fluff options you want. They have the flat types and the stick types.

want4rain
February 10th, 2008, 01:11 PM
im a pretty big apple fan, as cheap as they can make those things, they dont. they are very durable and very quality. our iPod has been left out in the rain, dropped numerous times and was a teething toy for Jeffrey for a bit and it still works as good as the day we bought it. the batter should probably be replaced but heck, its over 4 years old.

ive known folks to have washed theirs in a washing machine (front loader but still....), a friend of mine drooped his nano out a second story window into a bunch of bushes... anyways, durability aside, soem dont want to spend that kind of money on an mp3 player but if you plan on taking it running, if there is any chance of dropping it, id go with an iPod. we have never had software problems and it looks like its been through a war zone and still works.

-ashley

Gibbons
February 10th, 2008, 01:43 PM
In regards to an Apple Ipod but if you do have a software problem you spend 5 hours talking to a tech who will eventually tell you to mail it in - and when you get it back, the screen will be broken :P My room mate had this happen last month, got mad and just bought a new one.

poodletalk
February 10th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks for everyones replies! I went to the future shop this morning to pick up the 20$ one but they were sold out. All the future shops in my area were sold out as well for the 20$ MP3 player. I could order it online.

I saw the Apple Ipod, it looks great and it wasn't all that expensive. But I am not a gadget type of person..I wouldn't really use everything that's on the Apple Ipod.

I just want to listen to music while I am the gym..

growler~GateKeeper
February 10th, 2008, 02:16 PM
It sounds like she has a Sony like mine (just over $100 ~ 700 songs)
Mine is last years model, the new one out now looks like this Sony MP3 Player (http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/servlet/ProductDetailDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=1004306&navigationPath=n46881n100302)

poodletalk
February 10th, 2008, 05:43 PM
I think it's a match between the girls mp3 player and yours Growler.

80$ isn't a bad price if it can hold 700 songs...I am going to look into it further. I wonder if TigerDirect which CearaQ posted, I could get it a better price.

Thanks for everyone's help!:thumbs up