Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Chico, Jasper went in the snow

Love4himies
February 10th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Jasper finally put his paws in the snow. We were on the deck watching the birds at the feeder and he couldn't stand it any longer, he had to check it out:

He is looking at the birds in the tree. The black pole is where the feeders are hung.

Love4himies
February 10th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Oh no, Jasper realizes his feet don't like the snow, birds are not worth the cold:

Love4himies
February 10th, 2008, 08:52 AM
After getting his feet cold, he makes a bee-line back to the deck:

Love4himies
February 10th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Here is a buck enjoying prime bird seed::frustrated:

There are deer feeders set up in the back for them with a high calorie deer feed for them. Only $12 for 88lbs, unlike the $22 for 30lbs for the bird seed.

krdahmer
February 10th, 2008, 11:46 AM
That is beautiful! Those deer have expensive taste!:rolleyes::laughing:

I love Jasper out there... he looks so warm with all that fur... although I bet he would beg to differ! :lovestruck:

Frenchy
February 10th, 2008, 01:18 PM
omg you have deers in your backyard ? :lovestruck:

Oh Jasper , what a wuss you are :laughing: you would think he's fluffy enough to play in the snow .... but it's so much more comfy inside for a kitty ! :cloud9:

ancientgirl
February 10th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Wow, how cool that you have deer in your yard.

I don't blame Jasper for high tailing it back to the deck. Those kitty paws were probably freezing. brrrrr

growler~GateKeeper
February 10th, 2008, 03:30 PM
awww Jasper the free amusement didn't last long enough before the cold seeped into the :pawprint:

That deer knows where the good stuff is :D

jiorji
February 10th, 2008, 03:40 PM
eheheh fluffy Jasper in the snow :laughing:

wet paws are NOT cool!

rainbow
February 11th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Hee hee....I love the "b-line to the deck" pic. :D

Where do you buy the deer feed? I used to put apples out for them but it gets kind of expensive. :o

Love4himies
February 11th, 2008, 08:09 AM
omg you have deers in your backyard ? :lovestruck:

Oh Jasper , what a wuss you are :laughing: you would think he's fluffy enough to play in the snow .... but it's so much more comfy inside for a kitty ! :cloud9:

Yup, had six all at once last night. Guess it is the deer feed that attracts them. I am fortunate enough to live in a wooded rural area where there are alot of wildlife. Had 5 coyotes in my yard last Saturday.

Love4himies
February 11th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Hee hee....I love the "b-line to the deck" pic. :D

Where do you buy the deer feed? I used to put apples out for them but it gets kind of expensive. :o

I get the feed at Country Depot in Kingston. It is also used for beef feed in the winter as it is very high calorie. Mixture of oats, barley corn and thick molasses. The deer love it, except for this one buck who prefers the bird seed.

Love4himies
February 11th, 2008, 08:12 AM
:

He is a wuss, the pads of his feet are softer than mine:laughing:.

rainbow
February 11th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I get the feed at Country Depot in Kingston. It is also used for beef feed in the winter as it is very high calorie. Mixture of oats, barley corn and thick molasses. The deer love it, except for this one buck who prefers the bird seed.

We don't have anything like that here. There is a livestock feed store in the next town over....I'm going to have to check it out.

Dracko
February 12th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Your cat is seriously beautiful. :lovestruck: Looks like my Mochie but my cat is brown/black.

loopoo
February 12th, 2008, 12:16 AM
beautiful kitty :) must be something else seeing the deers drop by as well they are such gentle creatures

Love4himies
February 12th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Yup, had six all at once last night. Guess it is the deer feed that attracts them. I am fortunate enough to live in a wooded rural area where there are alot of wildlife. Had 5 coyotes in my yard last Saturday.

Here are the six deers that frequent the deer feeders: