Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

OMG I hope this is true!!

happycats
February 9th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I just found this ad! I hope it's true!! :pray:
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-to-give-or-donate-low-cost-spay-neuter-clinic-needs-start-up-help-W0QQAdIdZ32099965

If it is, I would love to donate.

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I do hope it's legit ! :fingerscr

BusterKitty
February 9th, 2008, 10:20 PM
OMG, that seems so good! I hope it becomes a reality soon! ><

kashtin's kin
February 10th, 2008, 12:43 AM
...if anyone on this BB has any info, it'd be great if they'd post it here. I'm going to check out the website, for sure...see if there is a contact ph. # or anything. The kijiji ad indicates it's a registered non-profit; there must be a way to check up on that. Also, the Toronto Humane Society would in all likeliehood know of 'Spaycentral' if it does-hopefully!?-exist...if this is not legit, it sure would be a nasty hoax, so here's hoping...

kashtin's kin
February 10th, 2008, 12:57 AM
...was going to 'edit' my above post, but it didn't seem to be happening (I'm probably too impatient??). Sooo, I did check out the website for Spay Central, or Spaycentral?? and it does look quite legit. I just took a quick look at things, but the site is well done, it has a FAQ section, and a charitable # listed etc. I'm going to email and ask around, but it does sound really promising, and would be fantastic. The sort of set-up described is available in such a limited way in Canada, and is so desperately needed...

Chris21711
February 10th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Spay Central is for real. It is in conjunction with the York Region Branch of the OSPCA, from what I understand there are still some things to iron out but it will happen. Although, they give the wrong address on Woodbine Avenue, it is 16586 Woodbine Avenue, which is in Newmarket.

happycats
February 10th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Spay Central is for real. It is in conjunction with the York Region Branch of the OSPCA, from what I understand there are still some things to iron out but it will happen. Although, they give the wrong address on Woodbine Avenue, it is 16586 Woodbine Avenue, which is in Newmarket.

That's amazing news! and great for the pet overpopulation problem.:)

Winston
February 10th, 2008, 07:46 PM
When I was at Woofstock in Toronto last summer they were taking donations to start this up. If I remember correctly Petsmart was going to make a large contribution if Spay Central reached a certain dollar amount...cant recall what that was....Hope it happens soon to help out the over population of pets!!

Cindy

Chris21711
May 17th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I was talking to my daughter the other day about when is it going to happen, originally was supposed to be in June, and it's delayed, "there are some things to iron out or something like that" is what she told me :wall: