Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Frigid days at Hazel Run

hazelrunpack
February 9th, 2008, 08:54 PM
It's really cold outside. I mean really cold. Cold tail, cold nose, cold ears, cold toes. What's a wussy setter pack to do?

The Hazel Run Pack settles in to watch a few movies with the Hazel Run Daddy:

But the movie is a bit boring. No dogs barking. No doorbells ringing. No horns honking...

So the Pack explores the Fine Art of Napping.

Cass and Macie start out by testing the new Kuranda beds.

33325 33326

Yep, they pass the first test.

hazelrunpack
February 9th, 2008, 09:02 PM
So can the new Kuranda's withstand group napping?

Hmmmm....let's see!

Yep, passes that test, too! :pawprint:

The futon bed is also a comfy place to double up for a cozy nap. Lil Belle and Cole demonstrate some fine technique executing a Belly Pillow:

And of course, there's always room for some Olympic quality Smushing on a comfy chair.:

So far, all the furniture seems suitable for practicing the Fine Art of Napping. :dog:

hazelrunpack
February 9th, 2008, 09:11 PM
However, if you're really going to score high on the Napping Scale, you have to reach beyond two!

Lil Belle and Cole demonstrate fine Sandwiching technique with Ridge (just offering her a little gesture of sympathy for her having to wear the Dreaded Elizabethan Collar).

But the Pack has been practicing the Fine Art of Napping for so long that they aren't afraid to reach for the Gold! Just when you thought seven dogs were all you could fit on a King Sized Bed with you...

...Grace joins the crowd and breaks the World Napping Record at Hazel Run with an Amazing eighth dog on the bed!

And the crowd goes wild! :highfive: WooooHoooooooo!

The End

jesse's mommy
February 9th, 2008, 09:16 PM
I love the Hazel Run storybook.

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 09:17 PM
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: did I ever told you .....I love the pack !!!

Those are priceless ! :thumbs up the sandwich :cloud9: and all of them on the bed !!! and the Olympic quality Smushing , and , and , and ... :laughing:

luckypenny
February 9th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Frigid Days? :rolleyes: The Pack looks pretty toasty and warm to me :D .

:yell: It's not fair....you live so far away :o . This is torture :frustrated: .

I love your puppies Hazelrunpack, each and every one of them :lovestruck: .

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;544306][CENTER]So can the new Kuranda's withstand group napping?

Hmmmm....let's see!

Yep, passes that test, too! :pawprint:

The futon bed is also a comfy place to double up for a cozy nap. Lil Belle and Cole demonstrate some fine technique executing a Belly Pillow:

And of course, there's always room for some Olympic quality Smushing on a comfy chair.:

So far, all the furniture seems suitable for practicing the Fine Art of Napping. :dog:

Oh hazel, ALL your four-footed fur babies are adorable!! I'd love to live in your house as the "doggy nanny!"

Are they 'biological' related, any of them from the same litter?

Beautiful, give 'em all a :grouphug: from our family and from :dog::dog: Nellie and Shadow and :cat: Snoopy!

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 09:31 PM
:yell: It's not fair....you live so far away :o . This is torture :frustrated: .

Tell me about it :cry2:

hazelrunpack
February 9th, 2008, 09:32 PM
:eek: Finally!!!! Someone offers to move in as a dog nanny! When can you start, Shabby? :laughing: hazel could use some help... Doesn't pay well, but you get all the slobber you want! :dog: Free! :thumbs up What a deal, eh? :laughing:

hazelrunpack
February 9th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Frenchy and LP, the very second I win that lotto...We're so up there in the Pack's new moho! :D

And then, jesse's mommy, we wanna come down and meet Jesse! :thumbs up

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 09:47 PM
:eek: Finally!!!! Someone offers to move in as a dog nanny! When can you start, Shabby? :laughing: hazel could use some help... Doesn't pay well, but you get all the slobber you want! :dog: Free! :thumbs up What a deal, eh? :laughing:

Believe me, if I could physically do it...I'd be there on weekends for sure!!

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 09:57 PM
There I go again , looking at petfinder if there's any setters up for adoption in Quebec :laughing: :wall:

Gracie is still posted but "on trial"

hazelrunpack
February 9th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Oh, and I forgot to answer your question! :o It's what hazel does best...forget. :o We do have two sibs--Ember and Lil Belle were from the same litter, but we got Ember as a pup and Lil Belle as a two-year-old (we so wish we'd taken them both when we picked Ember...we actually did talk about it at the time, but the original plan was for one pup). Cole is a cousin to them through grandma Teal. Grace is a niece of Cole's. Cass's grandma was a half-sister to Teal...not sure what that makes her as far as relations to Ember, Lil Belle and Cole go. :confused: Brier, Macie, and Ridge are, for all intents and purposes, unrelated to the others or each other...

jiorji
February 9th, 2008, 10:03 PM
:eek: and where do the Hazels sleep???

hazelrunpack
February 9th, 2008, 10:03 PM
There I go again , looking at petfinder if there's any setters up for adoption in Quebec :laughing: :wall:

Gracie is still posted but "on trial"

:whistle:

And where is that smiley with its fingers in its ears going LaLaLaLaLa? I need that one... :eek:

hazelrunpack
February 9th, 2008, 10:07 PM
:eek: and where do the Hazels sleep???

Very warmly under a very thick lumpy blanket. :laughing: The Hazel Run Daddy is plainly visible under it in those last two pics! :laugh: There's nothing warmer than a bed full of setters! :thumbs up Or more crowded... :D

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 10:10 PM
:whistle:

And where is that smiley with its fingers in its ears going LaLaLaLaLa? I need that one... :eek:

http://bestsmileys.com/notlistening/2.gif

:D

pbpatti
February 9th, 2008, 10:11 PM
No sibling/relative rivalry in your pack Hazlrunpack, I love how they can all snuggle and be lovey to each other. :lightbulb:here I have a spare back want to rest here:D,..I love the two of them on the one chair, almost looks like one with 2 heads:crazy: do they ever fight each other for the best spots? pbp

Dracko
February 9th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I wonder if they all know they look the same??? :laughing:

hazelrunpack
February 9th, 2008, 10:46 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/notlistening/2.gif

:D

That's the one!!! :thumbs up

No sibling/relative rivalry in your pack Hazlrunpack, I love how they can all snuggle and be lovey to each other. here I have a spare back want to rest here:D,..I love the two of them on the one chair, almost looks like one with 2 heads. do they ever fight each other for the best spots? pbp

Oh, there's rivalry every time someone has Dad's lap and someone else wants it! :rolleyes: They mill about and look pathetic till everyone gets a chance to be a lap dog. :laughing: (the HRD is just too soft-hearted!)

But by and large they get along well. We had a few tussles when Brier joined the Pack as they worked out relative status...but things have settled down some (knock on wood, :fingerscr...wouldn't want to jinx a good thing :D)

I wonder if they all know they look the same???

Funny you should mention that... We used to have a setter when we first moved to Eau Claire. Gauge was pretty aloof with other dogs. He'd rather walk than visit, so our encounters with other walkers were usually pretty short.

Setters are few and far between in EC, but there was one other that lived about a mile away. On occasion, we'd meet her on our walks. Gauge would go up to her and smile--that weird canine smile you see once in a while: the raised lip, but relaxed, non-wrinkled nose. It exposes the teeth without being a threatening gesture. She was the only dog Gauge ever smiled at. :dog: Coincidence? I think not! :laughing: He would be willing to sit with her while we chatted with her parents...something he would never deign to do with a mere non-setter. :D

And the two in the chair? That's Ridge and Cass (Cass is underneath and was our first girl). When Ridge arrived in the fall of '04, she took one look at Cass, saw how similar they were, and decided Cass must be her mama! Cass was willing to take her on as surrogate daughter--and to this day, she still disciplines Ridge like she was her daughter. Ridge is always licking Cass's face like she was a puppy begging from mama, too. How Ridge knew what she looked like is a mystery we may never solve...but I'm guessin' she saw herself in a mirror at her first home. :dog:

happycats
February 9th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Everyone looks so warm and cozy! I just love picture on the bed:eek: I'm surprised no one falls off:D

growler~GateKeeper
February 10th, 2008, 02:06 AM
In the first pic I love how Ember has his chin on the bed next door :cloud9:

Awwww Lil' Belle :lovestruck: w/Coley belly pillow :lovestruck:

Great shot of Lil' Belle, Ridge & Cole - love how they are both turned in facing Ridge :cloud9:

Always love Cass & Ridge snuggly pics - too cute piled on top of each other :lovestruck:

hehe the last 2 pics Cole says: "mum hurry up, come snuggle w/us" :D

ancientgirl
February 10th, 2008, 07:10 AM
LOL, that's so funny. Looks like they traveled everywhere and tested every bit of potential napping spots you have!:laughing:

chico2
February 10th, 2008, 07:36 AM
OMG Hazel,pups,pups and more pups everywhere:laughing:
LOVE it:lovestruck:
They are all amazing,beautiful and seem to be so very good doggies,you have a doggie haven there for sure,love to look at all the pics..
Just showed them to hubby,he thinks there is something wrong with you,like crazy:laughing:

hazelrunpack
February 10th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Everyone looks so warm and cozy! I just love picture on the bed:eek: I'm surprised no one falls off:D

It's has been known to happen... Occasionally, hazel gets pushed off the edge when someone stretches... :o

Looks like they traveled everywhere and tested every bit of potential napping spots you have!

Not quite :o...for brevity, I left out the Orvis dog nest Formations...

...the Standard Love Seat Exercises...

...and the Kennel Top Presses.

hehe the last 2 pics Cole says: "mum hurry up, come snuggle w/us" :D

Nah, he's saying, "growler, pack up Duffy and come join us! Always room for one more!" :dog:

Thanks, chico.

Just showed them to hubby,he thinks there is something wrong with you,like crazy:laughing:

Actually, your hubby isn't alone in that assessment. :crazy: Even my family has a hard time wrapping their minds around the concept of a Pack this size--and generally, they're as :crazy: as hazel is! :p

allymack
February 10th, 2008, 09:05 AM
cute pictures, i love reading the stories you put with the pictures they always make me laugh!:D

hazelrunpack
February 10th, 2008, 09:21 AM
he he Allymack, on good days, the Pack keeps hazel in stitches, too. And even on bad days, when they're being really really naughty, it's usually hard to stay too mad...in fact, I have trouble not laughing sometimes when I'm setting them straight to the error of their ways. Likely, they can tell from my body language that I'm stifling giggles, cuz they never seem to take me too seriously. :laughing:

JanM
February 10th, 2008, 11:20 AM
OMG, Hazel, you have a fantastic life! come to think of it, so do the dogs you live with :D

I can only imagine what a day in the life of Hazel and pack would be like - and I keep thinking how uplifting it must be with all those beautiful faces keeping you tuned in to them and their "needs" :laughing:

julieV
February 10th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I love your pictures. In some of them you cant tell where one dog starts and the other ends. Beautiful dogs! Having so many must keep you very busy and most importantly very HAPPY!!! I tried to post pictures of my dogs but they were to big to post. My camera is broken so I'll just have to wait I guess. Oh Well.

wdawson
February 10th, 2008, 01:49 PM
the pack looks great....oh so comfy on a cold day:cloud9:

jesse's mommy
February 10th, 2008, 03:23 PM
And then, jesse's mommy, we wanna come down and meet Jesse! :thumbs up

Anyday, anytime. The more the merrier! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
February 10th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I can only imagine what a day in the life of Hazel and pack would be like -

You know how you get real sandy at the beach when you come out of the water? Well, picture that without the water and sea breezes and with hair instead of sand, and you have a day at Hazel Run. :laughing: It's basically a pretty hair-raising experience! :laugh:

I love your pictures. In some of them you cant tell where one dog starts and the other ends. Beautiful dogs! Having so many must keep you very busy and most importantly very HAPPY!!! I tried to post pictures of my dogs but they were to big to post. My camera is broken so I'll just have to wait I guess. Oh Well.

Thanks, julieV. Do you have some pictures of your crew on your computer? Because if you have a photo editing program or even Paint on your computer, you should be able to downsize them fairly easily. :thumbs up

the pack looks great....oh so comfy on a cold day:cloud9:

Thanks, dubyaD. I'm thinking of going down for a nap now and having them warm my chilled bones! It's the least they can do since the last time out they dawdled a good 14 1/2 minutes longer than they needed to! :dog: brrrrrrrrrrrrrr :o

hazelrunpack
February 10th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Anyday, anytime. The more the merrier! :thumbs up

On a day like today, you have no idea how tempting that is! :cloud9: It's blinkin' cold again today! :eek: Why didn't my lotto ticket work last night? :yell:

jesse's mommy
February 10th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Why didn't my lotto ticket work last night? :yell:

Same reason mine didn't. :frustrated:

Frenchy
February 10th, 2008, 04:55 PM
You know how you get real sandy at the beach when you come out of the water? Well, picture that without the water and sea breezes and with hair instead of sand, and you have a day at Hazel Run. :laughing: It's basically a pretty hair-raising experience! :laugh:

:laughing: you have a way to make it sound so .... fun :laughing:

hazelrunpack
February 10th, 2008, 05:04 PM
:laughing: you have a way to make it sound so .... fun :laughing:

What can I say? :o It's a psychosis....erm...I mean a talent...yeah, a dawg-given talent....that's what I meant to say! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :crazy:

rainbow
February 10th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Another great picture story. :cloud9:

I love the pic of Cass and Ridge in the chair. :lovestruck: And, the "eight is enough" on the bed. :D

But, I'm amazed that Belle and Cole are making a sammich with Ridge when she's wearing the DEC. :eek:

Love4himies
February 11th, 2008, 07:22 AM
I love your pictures :cloud9:. They are so "blendable":laughing:. Do you have two king size beds put together so there is room for you, hubby and the pack??

hazelrunpack
February 11th, 2008, 08:41 AM
No...one double, one king, separate rooms. The Pack splits up and sleeps with whichever parent is the preferred Human that evening. If hubby and I want to spend some time together, we have to make dates. :laughing: Part of the price you pay for being at the mercy of the Pack. But it keeps life exciting... :D

breeze
February 11th, 2008, 09:53 AM
All the pictures are my fav..

and the story that goes with them love it..:cloud9::thumbs up

pitgrrl
February 11th, 2008, 10:45 AM
No...one double, one king, separate rooms. The Pack splits up and sleeps with whichever parent is the preferred Human that evening. If hubby and I want to spend some time together, we have to make dates. :laughing: Part of the price you pay for being at the mercy of the Pack. But it keeps life exciting... :D

And people say I've gone too far with my two tucked into bed with me :rolleyes:

You're my doggie idol, what I wouldn't give to be tucked in with 8 matching dogs. Your pack is beyond gorgeous.

phoozles
February 11th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Super cute that they all snuggle together! :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
February 11th, 2008, 11:30 PM
All the pictures are my fav..

and the story that goes with them love it..:cloud9::thumbs up

Thanks, breeze! :D

And people say I've gone too far with my two tucked into bed with me :rolleyes:

You're my doggie idol, what I wouldn't give to be tucked in with 8 matching dogs. Your pack is beyond gorgeous.

I must say they're very warm on cold winter nights like tonight! :cloud9:

Super cute that they all snuggle together! :lovestruck:

They love to touch! :dog:

Ford Girl
February 12th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Hazel, I love these pics, so cute!!! :lovestruck: It keeps my dreams of a golden 8 pack alive...we can all dream right? :shrug:

14+kitties
February 12th, 2008, 04:02 PM
'K, read this chapter about 20 times. Ready for the next one please.............. :D

hazelrunpack
February 12th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Hazel, I love these pics, so cute!!! :lovestruck: It keeps my dreams of a golden 8 pack alive...we can all dream right? :shrug:

If it were up to hazel, everyone would have a 6-dog minimum...cuz then we could all be :crazy: together! :laughing:

'K, read this chapter about 20 times. Ready for the next one please.............. :D

Actually, I have some others ready to go, but my connection is too slow... :sad:

TeriM
February 13th, 2008, 01:26 AM
I love those pictures and the story :cloud9:. It is also always good for a giggle while I try to count the various body parts to figure out how many dogs are present in the shot (those feathers confuse me) :D. I think it is so cool that even with such a large "pack" that they still count the humans as the favorite snuggle place :lovestruck:.

hazelrunpack
February 13th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks, TeriM! :D

I think it is so cool that even with such a large "pack" that they still count the humans as the favorite snuggle place :lovestruck:.

No no no...warm...warm, I tell ya! Very warm! Combining 8 setters and hot flashes has resulted in a number of spontaneous blanket ignitions and miscellaneous melted items! :eek: :crazy:

:laughing:

Well, okay...maybe it's not that warm...but I definitely know how toasty three (or more) dogs can keep you on a three-dog night! :D

ariesroxy
February 13th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Hazel that is a lot of dogs! How do you keep up with them!?? Haha. Here are some pictures of my little Roxy!
http://a633.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/98/l_34a6f8655a53ecb8efbb7e31723053e0.jpg

Same day I got her...

http://a847.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/66/l_f997faf219271fcfe233b5b2520c2316.jpg

She's so cute!
http://a133.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/62/l_3c832cfda50bc08ac864bfc773113c0c.jpg

This is my mom's dachshund, he's her buddy.

Hopefully these show up!

hazelrunpack
February 13th, 2008, 07:53 PM
:lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

Look at that sweet thing! She has such big eyes! Everything seems so wonderful to her! :cloud9:

I've never seen a doxie with the red points before! I love her eyebrow patches! And I'll bet she can be quite the vixen when she's playing with your mom's doxy (who is, I might add, quite handsome, himself! :D)

Hey, thanks, ariesroxy! She really is quite the doll! For sure you have to post a new thread (if you haven't already) so everyone can find Roxy's pics more easily--you're gonna get tons of ooooos and ahhhhhhhs over your little one. :lovestruck:

loopoo
February 13th, 2008, 07:55 PM
that is quite a pack they all look so content and happy though :) i love the one of your husbands feet sticking out with all of them in bed, i didnt notice at first had to go back and look :laughing: i thought my mom had alot with her four dogs... and several cats.. yours are all very beautiful

hazelrunpack
February 13th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks, loopoo.

I lose hubby under the dog pile lots of times! And I mean "dog pile" in the nicest possible way...:laughing: I lose him under hairballs now and then, too! :D

Frenchy
February 13th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Here are some pictures of my little Roxy!

omg she's too cute , you must start a new thread with lots and lots of pictures of her ! :lovestruck:

loopoo
February 13th, 2008, 10:27 PM
yes definitely new post for the cute little redhead..

ariesroxy
February 14th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Thanks! :) I'll try to post a new thread this weekend. It snowed a lot here so I want to get picture of her playing in it, it's so cute. :) I need to make her pose too so I can get some cute ones. :laughing:

I've never seen a doxie with the red points before! I love her eyebrow patches! And I'll bet she can be quite the vixen when she's playing with your mom's doxy (who is, I might add, quite handsome, himself! :D)

She was the first one I've seen like this too. She has beautiful coloring. My breeder called her a chocolate and tan. Looks really pretty in the sun.

Yes, she is a little vixen. She always tries to get him to play with her constantly. She's always pouncing on him, taking all his toys away, and throws snow up at him running when they are outside. He is so gentle with her though. :angel:

My brother has a doxie too, black and tan, and when all three of them were together during Christmas it was a riot. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
February 14th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Your Christmas must have been Doxie :cloud9:! :D

Chocolate and tan. I guess that must be what red dobies are, too? Only I don't remember if they have the tan points or not :confused: Whatever...she sure is cute!

I'm looking forward to those pictures this weekend!