Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Buster has turned into a "Mouser"

BusterBoo
February 9th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Let me preface this by saying...I am a city girl living in the country so.....

Around supper time Buster had to go out, so I hooked him on his leash and out he went. Well, about 2 minutes later, he runs back onto the deck, into the screen room, where he has a big blanket that he sits on, and was going NUTS! I went out.....picked up the blanket and he had brought up a dead MOUSE! :yuck: Of course, I called hubby who came out and said...Yup, it's a dead mouse! So, he got rid of the mouse and now Buster just wants to go and roll on the blanket and be outside.

So......I don't think Buster actually bit the frozen (dead!) mouse, but if he did, is there any health issues I should be concerned about??? :shrug:

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 08:29 PM
So......I don't think Buster actually bit the frozen (dead!) mouse, but if he did, is there any health issues I should be concerned about??? :shrug:

FLEAS !!!! If you have some Advantage , give him a treatment now ! I don't know if fleas live for a while on a dead mouse but ....

When I moved here (during winter) the house had been empty for 3 months and practicly not heated at all. I did find dead mice in traps. Seemed to have been there for a while. The only thing I had time to do before moving in was vacuuming. Both dogs got some fleas after a couple of days.

BusterBoo
February 9th, 2008, 08:35 PM
thanks Frenchy, I don't have anything in the house,but I will go buy some flea powder tomorrow. :yuck: