Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm back, with a new addition

athenamor
February 9th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Hello, I was coming on here a lot early in 07, moved from NY to FL, and have a dog named bourbon ( I believe he's my avatar, been a while, so i dont even know if i have an avatar anymore lol). Well we bought our home in January, and yesterday I aquired a another dog. His name is Avalanche (the name his previous mommy gave him). Well the family had to move into an apartment, and couldn't keep Avy. So it was find a good home or take him to the SPCA or pound. Her dad lives across the street from me and I saw him walking Avy, and I commented on his beauty. He asked if I wanted him, told me the situation, and poof, I now have two dogs, here he is (sorry so big):

He's a white husky, blue eyes, the previous owner said he was a pure bred Alaskan Husky, but I thought Alaskan Husky wasn't technically a breed, but a mix of breeds used to make the best sled pulling dogs....could he be a white siberian with those eyes, but he's verry fluffy compared to the huskies I've seen, more like an eskimo breed.....anywho, here he is, he's gorgeous either way.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/asallot/Picture361.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/asallot/Picture360.jpg

ancientgirl
February 9th, 2008, 04:55 PM
He's beautiful! I've always loved Husky's. I hope he's not too warm down here.

Welcome to Florida btw. I've lived here for 26 years.

rainbow
February 11th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Avy is gorgeous :cloud9: and I would love to see more pics of him and Bourbon. :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
February 11th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Ooops....posted in your reintroduction thread and demanded pics and now I see there were already some posted... :o Avy's beautiful! I can see why he was named Avalanche :D

Congratulations on your new addition!

But where is Bourbon? :D Or am I gonna run across another picture thread somewhere? :o

Love4himies
February 11th, 2008, 11:43 AM
You are right, Alaskan Huskey is not a pure bred, but a combination of breeds to make them fantastic sled dogs. Alsakan Huskies can have some pointer (German?) in them (bred for endurance purposes) which makes some of them not look like other Huskey breeds. Avy is sooo beautiful.:cloud9:

phoozles
February 11th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Avy's very pretty - and it looks like he's arching his eyebrow in the second pic :cool:

jiorji
February 11th, 2008, 03:10 PM
oohhh he's pretty :cloud9:

i like that concentrated look in that second pic... "must...get...that.....itch!!" :laughing::laughing:

athenamor
February 16th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Once I get around to getting batteries, I will definatly get more up here with the two of them, they are getting along well. Not warm and cozy, but Bourbon didn't get cozy with any of mom's dogs while we were there for 7 months, He's just not the cozy type with dogs, just people I guess.