Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

puppy doesn't pee

rhiannon829
February 9th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Hi,
I got an American Bulldog puppy a week ago. She is now 10 weeks old. She only pees twice a day. My husband says to not worry about it, but I'm kinda thinking that a young puppy should probably be peeing several times a day. Am I worrying over nothing?

chico2
February 9th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I have not had a puppy for many.many years,but I think they should pee more,I would check with the vet,she might have some urinary problems.
Unless she is peeing somewhere and you have not noticed:shrug:

Purpledomino
February 9th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I have not had a puppy for many.many years,but I think they should pee more,I would check with the vet,she might have some urinary problems.
Unless she is peeing somewhere and you have not noticed:shrug:

I agree, and have had a few puppies the last couple years. They pee LOTS in my experience, so definately bring this up with your vet. In a perfect world puppies would only pee twice a day...... and poop once. ;)

corgpinmom
February 10th, 2008, 12:27 PM
My experience as a breeder is that puppies pee a lot - take your baby to the vet. Is he drinking enough water? - He could be peeing some where else in the house. If he is crate trained and only let out twice he would be having accidents in his crate. Might be nothing but I wold feel better getting it checked out.:goodvibes: