Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Shabby's Pets

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 01:09 PM
The first photo is Nellie (face only); the second is Shadow (standing) and the third is Snoopy (cat).

Nellie and Shadow are biological 'sisters' from the same litter. There were 10 in the litter and we took two! They were born on April 15, 2002, we brought them home when they were just 8 weeks old and we've loved them to death ever since. Both girls are very loving and big babies who are extremely spoiled. I refer to them as "my girls!"

Nellie was diagnosed with Grade 4 hip dysplasia on January 10, 2006. I got her off the prescription drug Metacam and she now lives pain free on Glucosamine, Sasha's Blend and shark cartledge. Nellie also had panosteitis (long bone) when she was young. Her sister Shadow has no health problems.

Snoopy was born May 1, 1997 and we adopted him from a local shelter when he was 9 months old. He was just diagnosed with Diabetes on February 4, 2008. He is currently receiving 2 units of Lanta insulin per day. Snoopy is an extremely loving cat who loves people!

My girls are spayed and old Snoopy is neutered.

Hope you enjoyed the photos.

Shabby

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Beautiful fur family Shabby ! :lovestruck: love the girls's ears :)

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Beautiful fur family Shabby ! :lovestruck: love the girls's ears :)

Thank you very much Frenchy!!! Yes, alot of people comment on "my girl's" ears. lol But seriously, they are sooo spoiled. Nellie thinks anyone and everyone who comes to our house has come for the sole purpose of seeing her and patting her. Shadow takes a more stand back, look you over, ALLOW YOU to give her a couple of pats and then goes and lays down. Nellie however, will sit beside you and nuzzle, nuzzle, nuzzle with that nose of hers until you pat her. The second you stop nuzzle, nuzzle, nuzzle. lol

Snoopy is a people cat, also an indoor cat who has never been outside.

Do you have photos of your pets here?

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Nellie thinks anyone and everyone who comes to our house has come for the sole purpose of seeing her and patting her.

Do you have photos of your pets here?

Me ? Pictures of my pets ? :laughing: yes there are plenty in the pictures forum , I'll try to find one where you can all see them. (3 dogs and 2 cats)

Nellie pretty much sounds like my 2 goldens , they just loooove company.

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Here http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=48386 , you can also see them and some of my past fosters in the February challenge thread.

BTW , keep the pictures coming , we do love them here :cloud9: and GSD are so majestic :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
February 9th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Your girls are beautiful! And Snoopy is such a handsome boy!:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:

krdahmer
February 9th, 2008, 03:52 PM
:lovestruck:

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Here http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=48386 , you can also see them and some of my past fosters in the February challenge thread.

BTW , keep the pictures coming , we do love them here :cloud9: and GSD are so majestic :lovestruck:

Your fur children are GORGEOUS!!!! Is Nelly a staffordshire/terrier and part pit bull? I had a dog like that years ago that looked EXACTLY the same, brindle colour and everything. We called her Pebbles and we'd adopted her from a shelter. Unfortunately, she bit children TWICE so she had to be put down. Not OUR choice to do that. :sad:

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Your girls are beautiful! And Snoopy is such a handsome boy!:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:

Thank you, thank you...I'm feeling all puffy and proud! :D

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 05:21 PM
:lovestruck:

Ah shucks...thanks! :D

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Is Nelly a staffordshire/terrier and part pit bull?

Sorry for the :offtopic: , Nelly is a great dane :p she is , as I call her , my "long term foster" , still not legally mine , part of a spca seizure in a horrible puppy mill a year ago. We are waiting for the owner to go on trial. Only when the owner will be found guilty will I be able to adopt her.

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Sorry for the :offtopic: , Nelly is a great dane :p she is , as I call her , my "long term foster" , still not legally mine , part of a spca seizure in a horrible puppy mill a year ago. We are waiting for the owner to go on trial. Only when the owner will be found guilty will I be able to adopt her.

OMG...don't I feel like an idiot!!! :o

The way she's laying, ears back etc., her face looked exactly like Pebbles.

Thanks for this photo, she is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

I will keep my fingers :fingerscr that her HORRIBLE owners WILL be found guilty!!!!! She deserves a good home like yours with people who will love her.

Please tell her Nellie and Shadow send their HUGS!!

hazelrunpack
February 9th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Nellie has a great smile, Shabby! Love your furbabies. :lovestruck:

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 09:29 PM
OMG...don't I feel like an idiot!!! :o

The way she's laying, ears back etc., her face looked exactly like Pebbles.

Oh no , it's ok ! She does looks weird when she has her ears back , and she is small for a great dane , only about 92 lbs .... someone told me Quebecer breeders (more like backyard breeders :mad:) are trying to make them look smaller , a bit like greyhounds , so they would get adopted more easely.

IMO , if you want a smaller dog than a great dane , just don't get a great dane !

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Oh no , it's ok ! She does looks weird when she has her ears back , and she is small for a great dane , only about 92 lbs .... someone told me Quebecer breeders (more like backyard breeders :mad:) are trying to make them look smaller , a bit like greyhounds , so they would get adopted more easely.

IMO , if you want a smaller dog than a great dane , just don't get a great dane !

Thanks for making me feel better! Sheesh...I'm still slapping myself in the head for that one.

Funny you should post this message when you did, as I had my laptop sitting on my husband's knee showing him the picture of your Nelly! His comment was: "OMG what a beautiful Great Dane. I've never seen one with those types of markings. She looks a bit like a leopard!"

92lbs., is definitely small!!!! I won't be able to stop thinking about those horrible people now. Do you have any idea how much longer it will be before these so called people go to court?

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Oh BTW Shabby , you should check out hazelrunpack's doggies (somewhere in the picture forum...) she has 8 english setters :eek: :cloud9:

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 09:41 PM
His comment was: "OMG what a beautiful Great Dane.

:laughing:

No idea on the trial. There was a seizure made by spca Montreal , a dog "collector" more than a puppy mill. I don't remember how many dogs (terriers) he had in his house but all of them were extremely neglected. That was more than 2 years ago and it still not over yet !

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 09:56 PM
:laughing:

No idea on the trial. There was a seizure made by spca Montreal , a dog "collector" more than a puppy mill. I don't remember how many dogs (terriers) he had in his house but all of them were extremely neglected. That was more than 2 years ago and it still not over yet !

Well, I'll just be praying that ALL these people are found guilty, and the also the ones responsible for Nelly and that she can stay with you, her new and LOVING Mom! She so deserves it, as do you for taking her in.

If I wasn't permanently injured, not housebound and could walk, I'd have 2 more dogs. I would so, so much love to have a 1 black & white Chihuahua and 1 Brown & white Chihuahua. But, I can't get out anywhere to get them. I'm not allowed to drive either at the moment, so I'm done! I want one soooooooo badly. :cry:

My GSD's are very good with Chihuahua's too! :sad:

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 10:06 PM
But, I can't get out anywhere to get them. I'm not allowed to drive either at the moment, so I'm done! I want one soooooooo badly. :cry:

My GSD's are very good with Chihuahua's too! :sad:

What if you find one within a rescue , fill out an application , get approuve , then they could bring the dog at your place to do a house visit (like rescues sometimes do) and if they approuve of your family , they could go back to your place with your newbie dog :goodvibes:

btw check your pm , I sent you the link about Nelly's and the other's dogs story.

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 10:13 PM
What if you find one within a rescue , fill out an application , get approuve , then they could bring the dog at your place to do a house visit (like rescues sometimes do) and if they approuve of your family , they could go back to your place with your newbie dog :goodvibes:

btw check your pm , I sent you the link about Nelly's and the other's dogs story.

I would like to find TWO that are "family", i.e., two sisters/two brothers or a brother and sister. Hmmm...I wonder where around here they'd do that? I don't know the Peterborough Humane Society will do that for someone, or the Lakefield Animal Welfare either?

I'll have to go check. Thanks for the idea.

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Oh BTW Shabby , you should check out hazelrunpack's doggies (somewhere in the picture forum...) she has 8 english setters :eek: :cloud9:

I'm on my way over to the pet forum now to scan down the list to find just that!!

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I'm on my way over to the pet forum now to scan down the list to find just that!!

You won't have to look too long , she just posted a new thread about them :cloud9:

For the adoption , you could check out petfinder.com :thumbs up

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 10:54 PM
You won't have to look too long , she just posted a new thread about them :cloud9:

For the adoption , you could check out petfinder.com :thumbs up

Okay, what'a petfinder?

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 10:57 PM

It would be GREATif they could do that and bring them here!!!!!!!!!!

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Okay, what'a petfinder?

www.petfinder.com but careful it's very addictive :eek:

All rescues and most humane societies post their pets up for adoption on that website. What is nice is you have options on the left side of the screen , you can put the breed you're looking for , the gender , age etc....

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 11:11 PM
www.petfinder.com but careful it's very addictive :eek:

All rescues and most humane societies post their pets up for adoption on that website. What is nice is you have options on the left side of the screen , you can put the breed you're looking for , the gender , age etc....

Oh wow, thanks! I'm dead tired tonight and I;m logging of until tomorrow so I'll view their site then.

I'll go to bed and dream of doggies all night! :dog::dog::dog::dog::dog:

happycats
February 10th, 2008, 12:32 AM
What a beautiful fur family you have :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
February 10th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Your Girls are gorgeous :lovestruck::lovestruck:

& the much-discussed-but-rarely-seen Snoopy love his eyes, great face markings :lovestruck:

glad 1 of your girls is very very people friendly :highfive: I have met far too many GSDs who are extremely nervous around strangers :sad:

Shabby
February 10th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Your Girls are gorgeous :lovestruck::lovestruck:

& the much-discussed-but-rarely-seen Snoopy love his eyes, great face markings :lovestruck:

glad 1 of your girls is very very people friendly :highfive: I have met far too many GSDs who are extremely nervous around strangers :sad:

Oh no! I've given everyone the WRONG impression about Shadow! She too is VERY FRIENDLY!!!! Nellie just lets you know the second your toes cross the doorway, Shadow lets her check you first then she'll come to you. Shadow can't get close to anyone because Nellie is a bit bigger than her sister and hogs all the room around you and isn't quite as obvious about wanting to petted like Nellie. Shadow is very, very friendly and loving, but she doesn't require the same amount of every second patting that Nellie does.

Oh, and thanks for the lovely comments about all my fur babies. When I went to adopt a cat, I LOVED the colour of Snoopy. People refer to him as an "orange" cat and I HATE that. He's NOT orange, he's a very light tan and white. lol Sheesh, it's like telling me that my youngest son's hair isn't red but a dark rust. It's red, red, red! Just like hubby's. lol

Shabby
February 10th, 2008, 02:36 PM
By the way, my screen name 'Shabby' comes from my Shadow! For short we often call her Shad, or Shaddie and one day I was being a total idiot and talking to her in baby talk. "Aww, you're Mommy's little baby Shaddy, Shabby!" Now, I rarely call her Shadow or Shad, but Shabby! :D Or Shab.

rainbow
February 11th, 2008, 01:14 AM
You have a very lovely fur family. :cloud9:

Shabby
February 11th, 2008, 07:59 AM
You have a very lovely fur family. :cloud9:

Thank you! :D