Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Boxer problem

miniwop
February 8th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Hello: I am new here so go easy, I have a 11 month old boxer-pure white. He insists on sitting on my other dog(farm dog) they are about the same size, the farm-dog is 4yrs old. He will sit on him until he moves and then he will go and sit on him again. Is this norm or wierd and how do I stop it.

hazelrunpack
February 8th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Welcome to the board, miniwop. :D

So what does your other dog think about being sat upon? Does it argue? Bare teeth? Growl? Or just get up and move?

One of ours, Ridge, lies down on our other dogs. :rolleyes: (It's a puppy-type behavior, I think. She has other puppy habits, even though she's 4.) She usually lies on the other girls, but on occasion she'll curl up on the big boys, too. They are more or less tolerant of the behavior--mostly they just let her do it. A couple of them get up and leave. One growls her off before she gets to him and she leaves him pretty much alone. Since the other dogs put up with it, or tell her off before she squishes them, we've not really tried to change her behavior. :shrug:

If the behavior starts bothering your 4-yr-old, I suspect he'll take your 11-month-old to task for it. There might be a bit of a take-down, but Puppy will learn. :D

luckypenny
February 8th, 2008, 10:37 PM
He will sit on him until he moves and then he will go and sit on him again.

I need pictures to ascertain whether or not this is normal behavior :D . Too cute :cloud9: .