Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Turtles

Beanbag666
February 8th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Well i have 2 red eared slider turtles and one has been acting weird. Everytime she's in her normal tank she just floats around at the top eye's closed and not wanting to move much, but when i take her out and put her in a little rose bowl she's happy, her eyes open and she moves around, i'm not sure what's wrong with her, and i'm not sure if it's serious or not could someone please help?.

clm
February 8th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Gonna need some more info.....how big is the tank, how deep is the water, what kind of filtration, how often is the water changed, water paremeters, ie PH, temperature, amonia levels, etc. There's a site called the goldfish and aquarium board, I would go there for some top notch help as well.

Cindy

Beanbag666
February 8th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Well when I got the tank I was told it was meant for the turtles but i don't need help that much anymore, she has passed away about 5 minutes ago:rip:, but the other one is doing fine she's swimming around and eating like there's no tomorrow. so i'm glad for that, thank you for all your help though.

clm
February 8th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry she passed away. :sad: I would go to the site I reccommended for more info on your remaining turtle and how to keep it happy and healthy. There's a lot to know about keeping them and they can be wonderful pets. They do have special requirements and the more you know the happier your turtle will be. :D

Cindy

hazelrunpack
February 8th, 2008, 07:15 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your turtle, Beanbag. :grouphug:

Element~5
February 8th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your turtle :rip:

Don't forget though, turtles hibernate this time of year, so they are going to be much less active.

Beanbag666
February 8th, 2008, 10:57 PM
yes i know but when they stop moving completely and stop breathing they are dead plus the water is warm enough so they shouldn't have to, at least that's what the pet store told me.