Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Road Side Attraction??

want4rain
February 8th, 2008, 06:22 PM
so we found a puppy on the side of the road today. she appears to be a red nose pitty, probably not a mutt.

to keep it short and sweet because i obviously have a great deal to do tonight....

found her on the way to get my mom from work. she was crossing the road, i almost hit her. :sad: she was so pale i almost didnt see her. i stopped the car with Jeffrey and Mister both in the car smack in the middle of the road with my hazards on. glad it was a fairly straight stretch of road. :cry: Mister of course went ape.

she is probably 10 pounds, has some redness in her eyes, weezing slightly. she has some broken teeth, white spots on her claws so much that i thought they were painted at first. she is thin with several older scratches. she had dirt and twigs in her mouth like she tried to eat them. she also has double dew claws and it looks like her anus sticks out about 1/2 an inch.

i couldnt reach our vet because it was after hours, the emergency vet said she would probably be fine (providing she was eating and drinking) until the morning, when my regular vet opens. they are very stray/rescue friendly.

she ate some Canidae that Mister had allergies to and pooped but didnt pee. she drank a bunch of water too. right now she is hanging out in our spare bathroom (anyone remember Frances first night??)

i am going to give her a bath, run to walmart to get some flea and parasite stuff. i have soem clavamox from when Hunter was sick. i know i probably shouldnt give it to her but im having to really talk myself out of it.

ANY information you can give about things right now??? the anus bothers me, my sisters dog had soemthign similar. it eventually went away.

im hoping to get on the horn with a few rescues tonight. my mom said she can foster her, we could also foster (i guess!!)

anyone else seeing a star crossed pup here?? poor baby Bones.

-ash

want4rain
February 8th, 2008, 06:23 PM
oh and her poo was really stinkey but there was no visible worms.

-ashley

geisha
February 8th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Thank you for being an angel.:angel:

want4rain
February 8th, 2008, 06:39 PM
a vengeful one anyway. whoever left her this way better pray i dont get my hands on them.

-ashley

want4rain
February 8th, 2008, 07:28 PM
so i gave her Clavamox @ 62.5mg. it was originally for Hunters gingivitis but we never gave him because... we raw feed and it was taking care of the problem?? she seems to have an abscess behind her front left leg. vets office opens at 8am... i would take her to the emergency vet but did i mention Jeffrey has the flu??? he just covered the kitchen in wattery puke... his car seat is in the washing machine right now... it re-met some animal crackers.

i gave her a bath. she looks quite white now!! id get a pic of let later after she sleeps some. im wondering if someone didnt just toss her out of a car?? she is really scratched and banged up. she smells yeasty. or sick?? im not really sure how to describe how she smells. her ears are really dirty.

she is sleeping for the time being. she ate abotu a cup of the dog food earlier, i gave her some bologna (mmm sounds like dinner to me!) with the Clavamox. ill take her out in abotu an hour to go potty and then put soem more food in her room.

im off to make dinner for the rest of the living things here!

-ashley

want4rain
February 8th, 2008, 07:42 PM
i also snooped this site out-
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1571&articleid=349

ok ok ok..... im going to fix food now, i swear!

-ash

jiorji
February 8th, 2008, 07:49 PM
hmmm....aren't you looking for a friend for Mister??:rolleyes::laughing::D

want4rain
February 8th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Mister about lambasted her at one point, she freaked out! then again, i would if a 95lb dog came barreling at me. :) you know she isnt even as big as his fat head?? ok so maybe only slightly bigger but it would be hard to tell.

some pics from my moms camera.

-ashley

jiorji
February 8th, 2008, 08:41 PM
OMG!!! how CUTE!! she's so adorable!!!!:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Frenchy
February 8th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Not all worms are visible in poo. Just make sure to pick hers up , just in case. :fingerscr And for the fleas ..... I would wait to buy some Advantage at the vet. I had a bottle that I bought in a pet shop (don't remember which brand) For the dogs I take out of the pound. That stuff doesn't work too good. :frustrated:

She's adorable , but looks so :sad:

happycats
February 8th, 2008, 08:45 PM
OMG she looks so scared! but is beautiful!
did you look to see if there were any more? I know I should't worry you, i just hope there isn't a litter out there

want4rain
February 8th, 2008, 08:52 PM
she really does look like a sad sad puppy. i picked up her poo from eariler, its in Jeffreys diaper pail... outside. we wont let her poop and pee in Misters run. i dont think very many worms are visible in the poo unless its REALLY bad right? she was sooooo pitiful when it came to the food. when i gave her the bologna she about took my finger off. she is missing one tooth in the front, it looks a little black under the gum and a canine has a rather large chip taken out of it. im glad they are baby teeth although her malnutrition speaks of future teeth problems.

-ashley

also, i dont know about others but she was found in a residential area. if there are more, they surely live with someone. i will make sure i ask the vet about what to do about it.

FIY, in case anyone wants to know.... Jeffrey barfed on me twice, my mom once and Chris once.... or rather Chris held him out and he ralfed all over the hall floor. :( my poor boy. just a rotten night huh?

want4rain
February 8th, 2008, 08:56 PM
also, one more thing.... her back legs turn out slightly. i dont knwo if thats a puppy thing or not??

-ash

Frenchy
February 8th, 2008, 09:01 PM
also, one more thing.... her back legs turn out slightly. i dont knwo if thats a puppy thing or not??

-ash

I don't think it's a puppy thing. Maybe a malformation or an old injury ? Maybe she has been abuse. :sad:

happycats
February 8th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Awww poor sweet puppy, poor sweet sick baby!! I don't think you'll be getting much sleep tonight!

Didn't you just post yesterday how you were looking for a buddy for Mister:D

want4rain
February 8th, 2008, 09:55 PM
yeah its called JINXING!!

i wiped her ears with SEVERAL 10%(ish) apple cider vinegar soaked cotton balls, i dunked her feet also. she wasnt thrilled but as per usual for her, she took it like a trooper and then curled up on my lap for a snooze.... then i heard some 'OH NO'ing from the living room and had to get up.

my poor skin baby wants somethign to drink so bad but he is ralfing regularly every 15 minutes or so. some other kids in daycare had this same cold, thankfully the worst of it shoudl subside by morning. we have a few of his blankets lined up for post barfing duty, 4 more outfits laid out to sleep in and his sheets are all ready to be changed.

i will see if i can get some pictures of her legs later tonight or tomorrow. it might just be that her dew claws (double ones at that) look so strange.

whats so amazing is these rescue pups not only go through hell to get TO a good rescue but then go through hell when they get there!! bathing, hauling around, poked and prodded at... i mean honestly.... she was really really reluctant to even go back outside to go potty!! how we havent had a mess in the house is beyond me... but you know she was not only NOT miffed with me, she even curled up on my lap for a nap. humanity doesnt deserve this kind of love and loyalty.

-ashley

want4rain
February 8th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I don't think it's a puppy thing. Maybe a malformation or an old injury ? Maybe she has been abuse. :sad:

maybe its that ive never really seen a dog so submissive?? she has hardly taken her tail from between her legs, let alone actually stood up straight. she slinks everywhere.

maybe im looking for soemthing??

-ashley

pitgrrl
February 8th, 2008, 10:18 PM
You know ofcourse that once you fall for a pit bull, there's no going back, right?

I'm amending my post in your other thread. Mister is very, very lonely and needs a little, piebald, pit bull sister. To deny him this would be abusive. :D

LavenderRott
February 8th, 2008, 10:24 PM
OMG!! She will be just STUNNING when she gains a bit of confidence!

I think you should foster her. :D Poor thing looks like she has been through soooo much already.

luckypenny
February 8th, 2008, 10:29 PM
To help her overcome her fear, have everyone lay on the floor :) with kibble in their hands to feed her. And scratch under her chin rather than over her head.

Her feet look splayed; a possible sign of malnutrition. If you plan on keeping her for a while, or if she goes to a rescue/foster home, make sure she gets some EsterC and Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM if possible.

Btw, she's a real doll :lovestruck: .

luckypenny
February 8th, 2008, 10:30 PM
:o I forgot to add, hope Jeffrey gets better really soon :goodvibes: .

jiorji
February 8th, 2008, 10:50 PM
but you know she was not only NOT miffed with me, she even curled up on my lap for a nap. humanity doesnt deserve this kind of love and loyalty.

-ashley

you know animals CHOOSE their owners. Not the other way around ;)

maybe im looking for soemthing??

-ashley

yes you are. And you found her :cloud9::lovestruck:

t.pettet
February 8th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Wow - thats one sickly looking little pup, hope her vet visit is positive and she can join your family.

want4rain
February 8th, 2008, 10:58 PM
so she is all tucked in. we have everything ready for a long long night. hopefully tomorrow we can get the OK from the vet to expose the rest of the house to her. poor thing is going to crap her pants when we introduce her to Mister.... again. the first time didnt exactly go so well. :o

i will also stop at our local GNC and look for that supplement.

pitgrrl... ive ALWAYS had a soft spot for white pitties. :lovestruck: this one is no exception!

-ashley

want4rain
February 8th, 2008, 11:01 PM
you know animals CHOOSE their owners. Not the other way around ;)

yes you are. And you found her :cloud9::lovestruck:

hopefully most animals choose their owners by less heart attack inducing actions than jumping out in front of their cars!!!!!! holy cow!! what an auspicious beginning!! i tell ya, i suspect this little thign will be a spit fire when she feels better. we've been calling her Bones. :lovestruck: she looks like a sack of bones.

-ashley

dustybird
February 8th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Aww what a cutie...thank you for stopping.

Maybe once you get the ok to let her around mister he will help her come out of her shell. Maybe she will se how comfortable and relaxed he is she'll get the idea that it's ok to be herself.

People suck...except for the people on Pets.ca.

Hope your little one feels better soon.

krdahmer
February 8th, 2008, 11:37 PM
humanity doesnt deserve this kind of love and loyalty.
-ashley
Well said.

:o I forgot to add, hope Jeffrey gets better really soon :goodvibes: .
Poor little guy... hope he holds something down soon. :goodvibes:

Aww what a cutie...thank you for stopping.

Maybe once you get the ok to let her around mister he will help her come out of her shell. Maybe she will se how comfortable and relaxed he is she'll get the idea that it's ok to be herself.

People suck...except for the people on Pets.ca.

Amen to that! And you know I can't believe you were just browsing petfinder yesturday... 'someone' was really listening to your conversation with yourself.... and had the perfect pup in need for you! :angel: Hope the vet goes well tomorrow and that she has a good life now.:pray:... wherever that may be... ;)

jiorji
February 8th, 2008, 11:51 PM
hopefully most animals choose their owners by less heart attack inducing actions than jumping out in front of their cars!!!!!! holy cow!! what an auspicious beginning!! i tell ya, i suspect this little thign will be a spit fire when she feels better. we've been calling her Bones. :lovestruck: she looks like a sack of bones.

-ashley

:laughing::laughing::laughing:you're so funny

Mister and Bones....very original :rolleyes::laughing:...actually i named my cat Peanut cos she was so teeny and skinny when I got her. But she grew out of that name . I should change her name to Walnut..or Coconut :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
February 9th, 2008, 01:05 AM
awww :sad: poor baby, she sure is gorgeous though :lovestruck:

sounds like she might have either been tossed out of a car or attacked by a bigger dog :cry:

:fingerscr :goodvibes: @ the Vet for good news

:goodvibes: for Jeffery too, poor guy to be so young & so sick, looks pretty good in that pic though

chico2
February 9th, 2008, 08:41 AM
OMG,just looking at her can make you cry,evil people :cry:
She is a pretty little girl and thank you,thank you for saving her:angel2:
I think it was meant to be,it's strange the way things happen,this little girl was just not supposed to get killed and you were directed to her..
I hope you can,if not keep her,at least foster her,she looks like she needs a lot of loving and care and she will be one very beautiful pittie.

So sorry about Jeffrey,hope he gets better soon,poor little guy:pray:

want4rain
February 9th, 2008, 09:21 AM
so ive been on the horn with several vets in the area. they are ALL BOOKED!! but i did find one that could possibly take us at noon, roughly 3 hours from now. im trying to talk Chris into coming with me. she got up and pooped a few solid poops, ate a bunch, oopsed in the bathroom (but thats my fault for not getting her out early!) she has an Elmo doll to rip up if she so chooses. :)

im off to get a shower, bug my hubby to come with me.... drink another cup of coffee and take her out to pee again.

Jeffrey is feeling MUCH better this morning. other than the ralfing last night, he is over it i guess. yay!!!!

wish me some luck on getting in today!! failing this vet, we will be hanging out at the E-vet. *sigh* they are really cool but its so EXPENSIVE!

-ashley

want4rain
February 9th, 2008, 02:17 PM
so we hung out at the vets office for a few hours. it was nice and quiet.... of which HOME IS NOT!!! my mother is here!!!

he said she looks ok, possible yeast infection in her ears, mouth and feet but nothing severe. keep up whatever it is im doing (apple cider vinegar @ 10%). her abscess was draining itself. he picked a few scabs... no other pussy yuck.

he said her hips were not broken or damaged in any way. she has mild hip dysplasia and floating knee caps??? she is probably around 12 weeks.

no parvo shot this time, she will get it done in '7 to 10 days'. she had rabies and dewormer(whipworm) shots, LOTS of milk bones, scruffles and sweet voices of nice nice people. when they found out where i found her at, lots of dark dark looks. said there may have been some puppy fighting going on and that she 'failed' at being aggressive enough. good for her!!!!

he said also that her white toenails are probably from malnutrition. tomorrow evening or the day after we will start feeding some raw chicken breast along with her kibble. the chicken breast/liver 2X a day and her kibble free fed?? sound like a good idea??

so like any good fish keeper, i have a quarantine tank.... err room?? she is currently fussing in there. she wants MOM BACK NOW! boy how short of a time ago puppyness was in our house... but how quickly you forget!!!

i took some more pictures of a happily vetted, overly fed, tail waggin, sun soaking up pup.

OH and she is obviously not spayed, we ahve a nice pitty group here who will do it and microchipping for $35!!! how outrageous is that?!?! i paid over $120 for both of those for Mister at our local shelter!!! WOW! i plan on getting her double dew claws removed, shoudl i get her tail docked??? its very hard and boney and long. Casey left her dogs tail and we always cringe when she wacks it on metal bars, the deck railing... Conrad (moms old dog) use to split his open all the time. i mean you guys know how i feel about altering your pets.... im debating this.

im sure im forgetting something.... ill post back with whatever it is and some pictures. :)

-ashley

luckypenny
February 9th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Glad to hear she's doing so well :thumbs up . You can try adding a bit of the ACV to her meals as well to help with the yeasties. There is grain in the Canidae; don't know if that would attribute to the yeast :shrug: .

pitgrrl
February 9th, 2008, 03:18 PM
YOu're so awesome taking care of her, she's a lucky girl to have been infront of your car :laughing:

I'm confused though, why would you get her tail docked?

Kristin7
February 9th, 2008, 03:54 PM
wow, sound like you've had quite an introduction to your new doggie! But obviously meant to happen, I was reading your other posts about a new buddy for Mister (I am thinking of the same thing for my Guinness.. he just LOVES playing with other dogs, and I would love to save another life). I hope it works out and they become buddies!!! She is so young, i bet she can recover from what she's been through with lots of love and good nutrition. How lucky for her to end up with you!

About the tail docking - no need to do that unless there is a problem, lots of dogs have long bony tails. You will be able to tell, if the tail keeps getting busted open from banging it up against things, if it needs docking.

jiorji
February 9th, 2008, 04:14 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwww :yell: no more pictures???

I think Jeffrey's feeling better cos of the new puppy :D:cloud9:

chico2
February 9th, 2008, 04:30 PM
W4R,it sounds to me like she will be one of those failed fosters..hmmmm
Soo glad you can get her spayed etc..for low cost,very low cost:thumbs up
I too think she might have been either in a puppy-mill or planned to be a fighter,she was not suitable and they abandonned her to die out there.
Little did they know,we have an :angel2:who will make sure this pup will have a good life.
Is Mister aggressive with other dogs? I forgot if you mentioned that:shrug:

want4rain
February 9th, 2008, 04:46 PM
you guys know how i feel about altering a pets ears, claws, tails etc.... but i look at my sisters pitty and my moms old pitty and how many times they have split their tails open, just makes me wonder... that and if we keep her with the babies in the house with the killer tail my sisters dog has, its so bad we keep her away from the littlest ones even though she LOVES LOVES babies. i would just rather do it now while she is young and getting her gianormus dew claws removed, and snipped, etc, than find out we should have done it earlier.

more pics!! i might have to throw some of these in photobucket (sorry Crystal!!!)

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/WOOHOO.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/NoOneLikesElmo.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/Legs.jpg

tell me this isnt the cutest freeking puppy ever????
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/ImSoCute.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/HoofinIt.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/Gardening.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/Exploring.jpg

he is warming up to this whole puppy thing again. :lovestruck:
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/AndDad.jpg

-ash

want4rain
February 9th, 2008, 04:48 PM

oh paws no, he is just REALLY BIG and oafey and... pesty. not very polite you know.

-ash

chico2
February 9th, 2008, 05:10 PM
OMG W4R,she is just too cute,I think she is now yours:lovestruck:
In the second pic,she looks like a little piglet(sorry pup):laughing:
I am sure Mister will get a new lease on life with a pup in the house:dog:
Her back-legs look too long for her body:shrug:

Stacer
February 9th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Holy crap! What a story. She is absolutely adorable! I think she's found her home *nudge nudge*. Glad she jumped in front of your car and not someone elses.

happycats
February 9th, 2008, 05:45 PM
OMG she is so freakin CUTE!!, and has the most beautiful eyes:lovestruck:
She looks like a little cow with those brown spots :lovestruck:

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 06:18 PM
She looks like a little cow with those brown spots :lovestruck:

I was thinking the same thing :p she's adorable ! :lovestruck:

jesse's mommy
February 9th, 2008, 07:05 PM
She is the sweetest little thing. It's such a wonderful story. You know you have a new family member right? Is she adjusting?

I don't think you should get her tail docked. We never had Jesse's docked and she is just fine. She's never split her tail open.

OMG she is just too cute. Have you named her yet?

want4rain
February 9th, 2008, 07:21 PM

oh paws no, he is just REALLY BIG and oafey and... pesty. not very polite you know.

-ash

jiorji
February 9th, 2008, 07:46 PM
OMG!! i don't know if it's just me...but she looks SO much happier!!!

I love the one of her where....umm...i like ALL OF THEM :cloud9:
she's so cute!:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
but the one with Elmo she looks like a little piggy :laughing:

sigh...wearing a tshirt in february....:sad: sigh!!! :yell:

want4rain
February 9th, 2008, 08:44 PM
oh my gosh she DOES look like a cow!!!

ill have to take that into consideration when it comes down to a name. Bugeater was kinda sticking earlier.

what do you think of Bronach? it means sad. or Muc?? thats pig. :D Puerco is also pig.... as is Schwein.

Traurig has an almost cowish sound to it.

sorry, i keep starting posts and then not getting to posting them until later. :rolleyes:

Jeffrey is feeling better, Chris felt a little woozy last night. today ive felt a little under the weather but not in the sense where i can even say WHATS wrong, other than everything feels off. pooey. SHE is feeling... well enough to be indignant about being left in a little tiny bathroom. she barks to come out, barks at us, bark bark bark!!! and its so CUTE!!

my mom has decided to keep her i think. i will keep her here until after her next vet visit, let mom think soem more on it. i think the tail thing will be in her hands at that point. im still on the fence about it. its just so long and bony... on the one hand, its there for a reason... but on the other hand that reason didnt include doorways, bed posts, cabinet doors... islands in the kitchen... etc. having had two dogs int he family where they regretted not gettting the tail docked is really waring with my indignant disdain at altering my companions.

-ashley

happycats
February 9th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Hmmmmm Cow names

Bertha
Bessy
Gertrude
Moo
Moola

I don't know but every time I look at her she looks like a "Chelsea" to me:shrug:

Kashi
February 9th, 2008, 09:18 PM
She is gorgeous. Her pale colouring reminds me of a Charolais cow - they're kind of butter coloured.

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 09:25 PM
She looks like a Charlotte to me :shrug:

I wouldn't worry about the tail , Nelly has a long and bony one too , so far so good , no injuries.

pitgrrl
February 9th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I think Charlotte is a very excellent, sweet cow-like name. :D

This is what Basil and Streets think of docking her tail ;):
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/pitgrrl/dogbutt.jpg

Rottielover
February 9th, 2008, 09:55 PM
LOL, love the last reply.
At this stage in her life, it is no longer docking it is pure amputation. I can tell you with amputation comes alot of pain, possible infection, drugs....
Many dogs have long bony, pits, great danes, many more.
Please do not even consider it, she has been through enough.
Thank you for being her true angel, she is gorgeous :)

want4rain
February 9th, 2008, 10:05 PM
pitgrrl, your dogs are so unbelievably cute.

so the patron saint for dogs is Saint Roch... wonder what i can do with that. there is also Saint Blaise, veterinarians.... Charlotte is sure sticking. :)

-ash

want4rain
February 9th, 2008, 10:11 PM
At this stage in her life, it is no longer docking it is pure amputation.

thanks, i think thats what it took to tip the scales. i did a quick google on WHEN you dock tails. she is quite past that.

-ash

growler~GateKeeper
February 10th, 2008, 02:10 AM
*sigh* :cloud9: :lovestruck: just gorgeous, love all the pics :lovestruck:

and look - she's not tucking her tail in anymore :thumbs up feeling much more confident :highfive: way to go W4R

chico2
February 10th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Still thinkimg little piglet:laughing:I think she looks like a"Babe":dog:

Rottielover
February 10th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Good choice Ash, in my rottweiler forums, we get alot of people adopting older rotts that wat to dock(amputate) A huge no no after 1 week old.

She sure does look a lot happier, she is a sweetie, I was in aweeee when I saw her at LP house on the computer

want4rain
February 10th, 2008, 09:19 AM
i hadnt the foggiest when you 'docked' tails and was under the impressions it was nowish for some reason. :shrug: the thought was to DOCK now, rather than AMPUTATE later.... but now amputation!! so that takes care of that idea!!

she sure is a howler! man, id forgotten how much work a PUPPY was!! i took her out twice last night, set the alarm for it.... i didnt have to. she howled most of the night. which was fine with me.... i slept through it. :D but poor Chris didnt. she is all spunky and feisty this morning, as is Jeffrey. :)

im pretty much feeding her as much as her body will eat. today we will start the raw chicken.

i think we will call her Suidae, with Sowee for short. perfect fitting. buddy of mine who use to be a pig...... pimp.... suggested it. :) what do you think??

oink!!

-ashley

Rottielover
February 10th, 2008, 09:32 AM
I love it. Has she been dewormed yet?, I forgot to ask, because those nasty worms will eat all nutrition from her body. Being so young, and probably full of them, you will probably have to deworm more than once to rid completely

want4rain
February 10th, 2008, 09:45 AM
she had whipworm and we dewormed that. vet said everything else came out fine. we have another visit in '7 to 10 days'(thats what he said!) and ill get her checked again in case they missed something. which one of the flea preventions works with internal parasites??

-ash

i will see about getting pictures of her toe nails today. she was either malnutritioned or got into some poison. :( i will also try to get pics of her teeth and her nasty scrapes. i couldnt get pics of all of them because they are so numerous. :(

Love4himies
February 10th, 2008, 10:06 AM
OMG, W4R, this is FATE. And you know you can't mess with fate or there will be consequences:evil:. You were looking for a friend for Mister and Bones is it! Just too coincidental to be anything else, it was meant to be!

I am so excited for you. I can't believe the difference in Bones just overnight with your care :eek: Night and day.

badger
February 10th, 2008, 10:19 AM
12 weeks and wandering around on her own, poor baby. She does look happier, more relaxed -a full tummy will do that - knows she's landed in a good place. :thumbs up to you, another one saved.

want4rain
February 10th, 2008, 10:20 AM
HAHA!! well i dont think she is staying with us, but she isnt going far. my mother is absolutely SMITTEN with her. she called me at 8am this morning wondering how she is doing.... cant i please let her in to play with Mister??? did you feed her her meds??

OH BTW the vet wanted me to continue the Clavamox also. 2X daily for 7 days.

i just cant get over how pigish she looks!!! i think Suidae is perfect. she isnt very BONY anymore you know?? Charlotte is still in the running though. :)

-ashley

jiorji
February 10th, 2008, 11:45 AM
ok so then we're settled?? she's a breed cross of cow and pig. NOT a pitt. :laughing:

want4rain
February 10th, 2008, 12:13 PM
the hidden intelligence of a pig and the appetite of a cow.... eating all the time!!!

yeah..... cow-pig is right!! we are heading outside to get some more pics... oh and go potty too!!

-ash

rhynes
February 10th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I just want to say, I love that last picture, she's beautiful.

Frenchy
February 10th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Charlotte is still in the running though. :)

-ashley

woohoo ! As Chico2 said , and Happycats , she does look like a piglet cross cow :laughing: and that made me think about "Charlotte's web" :p

Tail and ears can only be crop within days of birth. Still think it's "butchery" and I find they look better "au naturel" :lovestruck:

happycats
February 10th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Charlotte is sweet! But I also like Soowee, reminds me of my Boowee:lovestruck:

Now what will the neighbours think as you shout.....MISTERRRRRR SOOWEEEEE when you call them outside:D

want4rain
February 10th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Still think it's "butchery"

i know, thats why it was such a tough decision. im still worried about her tail but time took away the decision. whatever happens, happens.

and ya'all arent from down here in the south.... its Sue-Weeeeeeeeee and some folks down around these parts take their pig calling abilities very seriously!!! :D

-ash

Longblades
February 10th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Poor little thing, she is a cutie-pie. She won't be boney forever but remember that song, Boney Maroney? Maroney.

Rottielover
February 10th, 2008, 02:33 PM
FAITH...I love this name :)

growler~GateKeeper
February 10th, 2008, 02:59 PM
I like Frenchy's name choice - Charlotte or Rottielovers' - Faith :D

jesse's mommy
February 10th, 2008, 04:33 PM
What about just Piglet?

want4rain
February 10th, 2008, 04:39 PM
i googled pig names... and came up with Penelope, Petunia, Olive or Olivia, Elvira....

Spamela Anderson HAHAHA!!! :laughing:

some more pics-

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/Reindeer.jpg

Slacker dog..... needs to get her.... malnourished butt up and run more!!! sure....
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/Slacker.jpg

another cause she is just so danged cute-
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/MoreItchies.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/GanglyItchies.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/FunnyChinPic.jpg

and then a few i stuck on here for Bendy... since she cant view photobucket and would probably kill me if i didnt post pics fro HER to see!!!

-ash

chico2
February 10th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Awwww,she must think she's in absolute heaven,:cloud9:
A friend of mine has a cat called Petunia,a really cute feminine name,but I still like Babe:laughing:

want4rain
February 10th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Olivia, Babe, Piglet and Charlotte are the current top 4.

-ash

jiorji
February 10th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I like Petunia....little flower :cloud9:

jesse's mommy
February 10th, 2008, 05:04 PM

Oh, but pitties aren't little flowers. They're as graceful as mac trucks! :laugh:

growler~GateKeeper
February 10th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Love the "Slacker" pic :cloud9:

happycats
February 10th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Oh, but pitties aren't little flowers. They're as graceful as mac trucks! :laugh:

Okay, what about "Tonka":D

jesse's mommy
February 10th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Okay, what about "Tonka":D

Perfect! :thumbs up

(That's actually a really cute name. :o)

happycats
February 10th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Perfect! :thumbs up

(That's actually a really cute name. :o)

After all she was found on a road!

Frenchy
February 10th, 2008, 05:20 PM

I like Petunia too ! :thumbs up

badger
February 10th, 2008, 05:38 PM
She's adorable - but I can't take my eyes off that lovely snowless landscape.

Hogansma
February 10th, 2008, 06:17 PM
She is sooooo cute!!!! Pitties are my favourite breed. I like Tonka or how about Lola?

rainbow
February 10th, 2008, 07:07 PM
OMG....she is adorable. :lovestruck: I like Olivia or Charlotte. :thumbs up

want4rain
February 10th, 2008, 07:27 PM
NO LOLA!! waaaaaaay too frufru of a name LOL!!

she is delicate enough to be named after a flower but i doubt she will ever be... solid(??) enough to be called Tonka, as cool of a dogs name as that is. :D her hind legs are not only showing signs of hip dysplasia and luxating patella but she is also pigeon toed. poor thing. :( stupid breeding :loser: who dont think about anything....

badger- we have been soooooo bummed out about our 'snowless landscape'. its been 18C lately. we havent had a real snow since 2000?? 2001?? i can hardly even remember. that was 24 inches??

*sigh* snow....

-ash

want4rain
February 10th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Olivia has been sticking. :D

-ashley

jiorji
February 10th, 2008, 07:58 PM
badger- we have been soooooo bummed out about our 'snowless landscape'. its been 18C lately. we havent had a real snow since 2000?? 2001?? i can hardly even remember. that was 24 inches??

*sigh* snow....

-ash

i have no sympathy for you .....:laughing::laughing::p

want4rain
February 10th, 2008, 09:29 PM
grass is always greener huh??

so i gave her some chicken tonight... she almost took my finger off!! i wonder if she had been exposed to raw feeding.... and frankly the thought makes me sick. sometimes, i hate people.

i was reading through Frenchy's Nelly thread and it makes me wonder if these poor creatures arent really poor creatures at all. i betcha, despite my lack of belief in a higher power... that these guys know their paths before they even get here.

the big wo/man upstairs says 'Hey, you stand a chance of ending up there, you might not survive that long but there is a chance. Still want to??'
and they say 'Heck yeah!!! good food, warm house... more love than any hundred dogs know how to deal with!! You bet I'd go through starvation, frost bite, cat attacks, cramped cages, cold lonely nights... If there was a chance...'

Note- anyone else *love* the movie What Dreams May Come??

*sniffles* im gonna make myself cry. there is no single example of pure goodness than a dog. no religion, no person, no belief system... humanity could learn a lot from the dog.

-ashley

Frenchy
February 10th, 2008, 09:41 PM
and they say 'Heck yeah!!! good food, warm house... more love than any hundred dogs know how to deal with!! You bet I'd go through starvation, frost bite, cat attacks, cramped cages, cold lonely nights... If there was a chance...'

I don't think so :sad:.... not puppy mills dogs anyway. Nelly did almost died .... and I fostered 2 other females golden that came from a puppy mill , before Nelly , and these dogs were so afraid of everything , one was 3 yr old and the other was 5. One of them spent one whole month in my kitchen , would only come out when we were all asleep. :sad: It took a long time and patience for their adoptive families to get them to be almost normal dogs. :sad:

want4rain
February 10th, 2008, 10:00 PM
i look at our puppy, how she is twisted with genetic defects, so malnourished... puppies are so forgiving and so easily adjusted... but whatever it was made her so hesitant with us, tucking her tail at every turn. every so often she will stick her tail out like a flag.

perhaps someday Chris and i will be in a position like you are to work with or take in the more hurt dogs. right now our home would just scare them.

-ash

Frenchy
February 10th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Well you did take Petunia :D off the road , that's one life saved :thumbs up

want4rain
February 10th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Well you did take Petunia :D off the road , that's one life saved :thumbs up

*laughs* and Mister scares the piss out of her...... Hunter.... boy..... that was a little scary!! she sure has a mean bark!!! she was going to save us from him!!

oh did i tell you guys? she weighs 13lbs and 13oz! :laughing:

-ash

the gang
February 10th, 2008, 10:16 PM
good for you, im so happy she found you and you found her!!!! how about bella!!!! she is beautifull, i know if it was me id want to keep her!!!!, i told hubby tonight id get another baby lexus if he let me brenda and the 5--- min pins.

Hogansma
February 11th, 2008, 12:23 AM
How about Hope?

Love4himies
February 11th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Doesn't matter if your mom has her or you do, it is still a playmate for Mister and that is what you wanted, just won't be a 24/7 playmate.

I can't believe the transformation in her since you got her. She is going to be one loyal, happy dog I bet.

want4rain
February 11th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Chris keeps calling her Moo. :o Moo-z-poo...... :)

my poor husband has been ralfing his guts up since about 3am. :sad: :yuck:

-ash

happycats
February 11th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Chris keeps calling her Moo. :o Moo-z-poo...... :)

my poor husband has been ralfing his guts up since about 3am. :sad: :yuck:

-ash

I like Moo:)
Moo-ver
Moo-la
Moo-cher
Moo-fasa from the loin king:D

want4rain
February 11th, 2008, 07:00 PM
well little Moo has a BUSY day today!! she met Mister this morning! boy if she didnt chase him all over the place!! he was TERRIFIED. they played a little with very little actual physical contact.... since you know... little puppies are TERRIFYING and totally worth hackling and running like hell. :rolleyes:

so Mister had a vet visit, he went, was relatively peaceful... all is well! we should get our lab results back by tomorrow.

this afternoon my sister came and picked Moo up. her name is back to Bones now. my mom has been calling and hounding me about her. :)

i should be getting more pictures later.

-ashley

jiorji
February 11th, 2008, 08:44 PM
i should be getting more pictures later.

-ashley

is now later??:D

happycats
February 11th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Yes, I'm having a ......Mooo, Bones, Charlotte, Olivia, Tonka withdrawl!!

I just love her Amber coloured eyes.....so sweet!! Hey how about "Amber"

Frenchy
February 11th, 2008, 09:26 PM
this afternoon my sister came and picked Moo up.

:eek: she's gone ? :cry:

Baby Bear
February 11th, 2008, 09:59 PM
I have enjoyed the updated on the puppy, such a ruff start she has had. She is in a safe home now. She is a beauty, I love her eyes. As for a name I like Babe. :pawprint:

boosbe
February 11th, 2008, 11:15 PM
What a BEAUTIFUL pup!!!! I definatly think our pets are ment for us, and find us somehow. Im sure whoever decides to keeps this sweet girl will enjoy her for many years.:cry: Such a touching story!

want4rain
February 11th, 2008, 11:25 PM
:eek: she's gone ? :cry:

i went to take her out earlier. how easily we get into a routine when its a ball of furry cuteness huh?? mom has already called to tell me how she is getting along. here- she slept in the bathroom because our bed was taken up... we had carpeting... she was still in quarantine.... now?? she is curled up on the end of moms bed probably slinking her way up to the pillows. :D

my sisters dog spends the day while they are at work outside in a fenced in yard. little miss Moo will hang out at work with my sister for these first few weeks. SPOILED!! :laughing:

i think she will be very happy where she is now... and i can keep a good eye on her as she grows to make sure she gets what she needs to keep those twisted bones healthy.

-ashley

rainbow
February 12th, 2008, 03:16 AM
So what did your mom decide to call her? :D And, I hope we will still get lots of pics. :fingerscr Maybe mom would like to join us here. :crazy:

Love4himies
February 12th, 2008, 07:35 AM
But, ummmmmmm, *cough* where are the promised pictures??

chico2
February 12th, 2008, 07:45 AM
At one time some evil jerk dumped here:evil:and look at her now,she has a whole bunch of people caring for her:lovestruck:
I am sure your mom and sister will take very good care of her..
I think Moo,is a cute name other than Babe of course:laughing:if she was mine I would call her Babe(loved that movie!).
With her bone-problems,does that mean surgeries down the road??

want4rain
February 12th, 2008, 09:01 AM
you guys are shameless!!!! picture beggars....

'later' as in TOMORROW some time!!!

i think Mom is going to call her Bones though i sent her off with a vote for Babe and Moo. :)

i havent gotten a call yet but then again its still 10 minutes before my sis is suppose to be at work. she has to get the little Moo in, get her kennel in (old one from Mister) and then get it set up, get her food and water inside.... all the while wrestling her from the door!! hopefully the hairdresser lady will be willing to get her hands on a little pup for a few minutes to help. :)

you know whats funny?? im ususally a sound sleeper. when she was here and howling all night was no exception. last night i was up and down all night long. :rolleyes: it was probably because Shadow was yodeling half the night outside of Jeffreys bedroom waking HIM up. did i mention he wolfed down a raisin yesterday? he hides under the couch and dashes out to get foods he KNOWS he will just puke back up (raisin or not) later. i swear he hates me.

-ashley

Love4himies
February 12th, 2008, 10:34 AM
you guys are shameless!!!! picture beggars....

'later' as in TOMORROW some time!!!

did i mention he wolfed down a raisin yesterday? he hides under the couch and dashes out to get foods he KNOWS he will just puke back up (raisin or not) later. i swear he hates me.

-ashley

But it was yesterday when you promised, so tomorrow means today, right:D.

Shadow ate a raisin?? Where does that fit into a cat's food guide:laughing:?

bendyfoot
February 12th, 2008, 10:58 AM
and then a few i stuck on here for Bendy... since she cant view photobucket and would probably kill me if i didnt post pics fro HER to see!!!

-ash

Yes. Yes, I would. (thank you:highfive:)

HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD????

OMG OMG OMG. She is SOOOO frickin cute!!!!:lovestruck:

Thank gawd you found her!!!

Love4himies
February 13th, 2008, 02:24 PM
IT'S "TOMORROW"where are the pictures??

want4rain
February 13th, 2008, 03:10 PM
she hasnt sent me any!!!! i stole this one off of her myspace ;)

-ash

Ford Girl
February 13th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Will some body please tell me how on earth I can get a puppy to appear on my door step or leap in to my life?!?!?! :shrug: What's a girl gotta do to get another pup? ;) LOL! :laughing:

She is very cute....good for you w4r, it's all any of us can do - take notice and take action, instead of turning a blind eye.... :grouphug:

Keep the pictures coming...you should have had your mom and sis sign an agreement! :p

SARAH
February 13th, 2008, 04:28 PM
In the second pic,she looks like a little piglet(sorry pup):laughing:

That's what I was thinking too :D

Otherwise, she looks SO much like the little female Pitt my ex had in New Orleans, "Mad-Dog" ... badly named, she wasn't mad at all! Sweetest little scaredy-cat of a dog. Wonder what happened to her ...

so the patron saint for dogs is Saint Roch... wonder what i can do with that. there is also Saint Blaise, veterinarians.... Charlotte is sure sticking. :) -ash

Blaise is actually a great name, but since it's now out of your hands :D

Waiting for more pics ... she's so cuuuute!