Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Adoptive mom coming to look at pupsters tomorow!

Gibbons
February 8th, 2008, 09:04 AM
So I spent a few days hassling w/ the rescue and finally convinced them to look at this lady's application.

They looked at it and were blown away by how perfect she is for my two foster dogs (like I'd been saying all along!). They've passed it through all of the neccessary levels, have called all the references- and everything looks in order. She's approved!

So the possible adoptive mom (and dad) are coming to look at my pupsters tomorrow at 9:30 am. I am so excited for them, particularly after the worry and hassle I've gone through with the rescue.

:fingerscr

Love4himies
February 8th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Good luck! Hope all goes well and you get good vibes off this couple.:fingerscr

Frenchy
February 8th, 2008, 12:14 PM
yipppeeeee ! Good luck to all of you tomorrow :fingerscr :goodvibes: and if they do adopt , please tell them about pets.ca :D WE WANT UPDATES AND PICTURES !!!!! :crazy:

Gibbons
February 8th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Haha, when I called her to let her know her application had been approved I could hear her jumping up and down (she admitted it too :P) I'm just picturing a 40-something year old woman leaping around her living room with joy.

I admit, I did the same thing when I heard they had (finally!) reviewed her application and she'd been approved. Scared the dogs and the cat took off and hid under the couch- but hey! I was happy!

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 01:02 PM
what happened what happened what happened ???????? :goodvibes:

Gibbons
February 9th, 2008, 03:30 PM
It was great! She came with her son (I'd guess he's about 17, awesome kid). They spent over an hour there. They brought two different types of treats because they didn't know which ones the pupsters would like (if it's food, they like it!).

They spent the entire time on the floor cuddling and giving belly rubs. They asked good questions like- what food are they on (they want to switch them onto a Wellness a wet/dry combo)? How much do they eat? What is their play time like? How are they energy-wise? They played around with Schroders in-and-out hearing to get a feel for his range of hearing. They'd done a lot of research and had looked into getting runners for their hardwood hallways, they knew it was important to maintain their weight at a healthy level. They knew that "face plants" were part of the tripod territory, and had bought a book on caring for your tripod.

The whole time they made comments on how cute they were, how badly they wanted to take them home right away (they want to take a few days and think it over first, just to be positive). I think at one point she got a bit misty-eyed when she thought about how awesome and calm they are considering what they've been through.

I feel like I've known this lady for years- we talked about random things, I made fun of her son (he took it well, he's great) and was really sad to see them go because I was having so much fun! The pupsters were just lapping it up too.

Talk about good vibes from this lady! I want to move into her house! Lol.

So I'm thrilled and excited for my pups. I couldn't have picked a better family myself :D

Chris21711
February 9th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Happy to hear you got good vibes :fingerscr that everything goes good for the pups.

Frenchy
February 9th, 2008, 04:32 PM
They do sound perfect !!! :thumbs up (I had many of these type of people to adopt my fosters as well , they are really good people out there!)

:goodvibes: and :fingerscr that they do decide to adopt !

chico2
February 9th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Sounds great:thumbs up
I hope they decide to adopt them:pray::fingerscr:fingerscr

Love4himies
February 10th, 2008, 10:20 AM
:pray::pray: They sound perfect :fingerscr:fingerscr. Please let us know as soon as you do on the outcome.

Chris21711
February 13th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Any news on the Pupsters?

Gibbons
February 16th, 2008, 11:23 AM
So, got an email from the lady who came to look at them. She is completely in love, but can't take them. Her dad just went into hospital last weekend and she was hopeful that he would recover enough that she could adopt them. Doesn't look like he is- he seems to be getting worse.

Since she's going to be spending the next who-knows-how-long running back and forth from Ottawa to Montreal to support her mom and visit with her dad, she can't take the dogs.

I'm sad, I know she is sad, but the pups thankfully have no idea! So we're back on the hunt, I suppose. It's just really unfortunate, but the right home will come along eventually! I'm just really disheartened by the fact that she is so far the only one who was interested in BOTH of them. Lots of people only want one.

Very disappointing.

hazelrunpack
February 16th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I'm sorry, Gibbons :grouphug: It would have been a wonderful home--but if there's one perfect situation for them, there must be more! :thumbs up

:goodvibes: that a family equally as suitable shows up soon!

rainbow
February 16th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I'm sorry to hear that it fell through. :grouphug: Hopefully, another family will come along soon. :fingerscr Or, better yet, the lady's father will make a turn for the better and have a speedy recovery. :goodvibes:

Frenchy
February 16th, 2008, 01:18 PM
:sad: that's too bad , maybe her dad will get better fast enough for her to still adopt them :fingerscr or another family will be interested in both of them :fingerscr