Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Beat this amount of snow

CearaQC
February 7th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I dare anyone to post pictures - this year! - of snow that beats our amount of accumulation.

Some of the pictures posted of snow make me laugh. Come deal with this pile. :laughing::laughing:

Our poor greenhouse has taken a beating from the last two huge storms.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0022-2.jpg

clm
February 7th, 2008, 10:50 AM
:laughing: Well, your greenhouse is well insulated now with all that snow. :laughing:

Cindy

JanM
February 7th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Yup - you've got a whack of snow all right! What can I say - better you than me :D

Guess I shouldn't complain about the itty bitty little bits we have left :laughing:

Kinguni
February 7th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Sorry but I can't top that. It's been a very light snow year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Kinguni/shabba/dog006.jpg

Kashi
February 7th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Oh WOW !

Where are you ?

CearaQC
February 7th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Gaspesie, Quebec

All that snow is from 2 big storms and 1 smaller one. One of the storms completely covered our car, and I mean completely covered.

See my location -------> Great White North

:laughing::laughing:

Ford Girl
February 7th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Now thats alot of snow!! :eek: Holy moly!

This wasn't from 2008, but late in 2007...in Northern ON, my mom's side walk....:eek: Thats one of the only things I don't miss from home. (that and and bugs/flies) :laughing:

CearaQC
February 7th, 2008, 02:02 PM
:D

Yep, now you know why I don't like leaving the house in winter. lol

The dogs don't like being out that long either. If they go out with me they are at the door asking to go back in after only about 10 minutes. They prefer to be near the woodstove and snuggle with people. :laughing:

We're loaded with bugs too during the summer, especially with a river marsh just across the road. But we allow bats to hang out and they take care of a lot of bugs. And we garden organically to encourage birds and predator insects to come feast as well.

SARAH
February 7th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Ah, I like those little bug-eating bats. They're so much fun to watch in the twilight, darting screeching from here to there and turning at 90 angles so fast ... zoomies for sure! Can't film them.

Not too buggy here though, just had too many wasps to my liking last summer (august); but snow? We can't be far from 2m total, even if some of it has partially melted between snowfalls. Right now it's a meter+ in the back garden.

Misti wants to go outside, but doesn't like getting snow under her paws. The dogs go out to do what they have to do, and come straight back in again - unless Dani sees a squirrel she can terrorize for a few minutes, and steel the peanut from! Spoutnik, is still not going outside! I'll get him a blue harness for the spring thaw. (it will come, it will come - positive thinking here - it will come)