Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Does your cat do this?

Winston
February 6th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Lately Bomber has been acting a little strange. Whenever I come out of the shower he runs and jumps in the tub....then he licks all the water up from the bottom of the tub??? Since I have noticed this I make sure I thoroughly rinse the shower so that he is not licking up any soap or shampoo..

Anyone else have a cats that does this? makes me wonder why he is doing it?

Cindy

Gibbons
February 6th, 2008, 03:45 PM
My sister's cat likes the bathtub water best.. bathtub or toilet. She has fresh water out for her all the time, but only drinks it if the toilet lid is down and the tub is dry. Assuming the tub is clean, I can't see it being a problem.

My cat just prefers to pee in the toilet, rather than his freshly-cleaned litter box. Could be worse, I guess.

chico2
February 6th, 2008, 03:53 PM
I love to soak in really hot water and Vinnie will sit on the edge of the tub the whole time,after the water is gone,he'll jump in to the tub as to see where the water went:laughing:

dmc123
February 6th, 2008, 04:19 PM
All of my cats do that....never know who will be jumping in to have a taste of shower water, LOL. Well, Cody doesn't, he can't get in the tub, but the Quads take turns and sometimes there'll be two of them in there.

Diane

want4rain
February 6th, 2008, 05:21 PM
yep, mine use to do this all the time... until he jumped in and there was abotu an inch of water. weirdos.

-ash

Dracko
February 6th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Yup, I had one cat that ALWAYS did it. Now you never know which of the 5 will be in there licking the water up. I make sure to rinse it, too, right after I'm done. Two of mine, especially are prone to jumping in right after I get out.

Frenchy
February 6th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Missy, my late kitty , use to lick my ankles when I got out of the shower :laughing:

Jim Hall
February 7th, 2008, 09:01 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

what else can I say ?

danaekitty
February 7th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Olive's fave room in the house is the bathroom. She plays in the tub all day and night, regardless of whether there was water in it. We can hear her chasing her tail for like an hour, and when it gets quiet, we'll go check on her, only to find her asleep in the tub! She also has recently taken to sleeping curled up in the bathroom sink, which is HILARIOUS!!!:laugh: She's definitely an aqua-kitty.

My cat just prefers to pee in the toilet, rather than his freshly-cleaned litter box. Could be worse, I guess.

Could be worse?!? Are you kidding? Doesn't get any better, as far as I'm concerned!!!:highfive:

Gibbons
February 7th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Haha, my cat started doing the using the toilet thing when my sister's cat moved in for a few months. At first he was definitely doing it out of spite - "you make me share my litter box? Fine! I'll share YOUR "litterbox" with you!" And now I think he just likes it better- no mess, no fuss.

Either he's really smart or just really weird. I haven't figured it out yet :D

My friends just got a cat last week. It lives in the bathtub as well. Definitely a cat thing.

ancientgirl
February 7th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Yep, all of mine do that. Vlad not so much anymore since I started to leave the cold faucet open for him while I shower. But they like to go in there, and play with the drain stopper and walk on the wet tub.

SARAH
February 7th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Lately Bomber has been acting a little strange. Whenever I come out of the shower he runs and jumps in the tub....then he licks all the water up from the bottom of the tub??? Since I have noticed this I make sure I thoroughly rinse the shower so that he is not licking up any soap or shampoo..

Anyone else have a cats that does this? makes me wonder why he is doing it?

Cindy

yep, mine use to do this all the time... until he jumped in and there was abotu an inch of water. weirdos.

-ash

Yup, Misti even looked like she was going to join me in the shower one day, and I've known a blue Persian who did join his owner every morning! She lost a good half hour blow-drying him before she could leave for work :laughing:

Spoutnik on the other hand, wants to climb that curtain too ... but since it's plastic ... :frustrated:

cpietra16
February 7th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Tess waits for me to get out of the shower and then hopes in and drinks the water....I don't question any of my cats behavior anymore...too scary:D

Winston
February 7th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Thanks for all the replies! I was worried about his change in behaviour...he has never really had the nerve to jump in the tub..he is my skittish cat so it is really out of character! But none the less I am glad he sounds like other kitty's!

Longblades
February 7th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Not quite the same but we couldn't figure out why all of a sudden one cat was wet so often. Wet on one whole side with another smaller wet spot on the other side. Turns out he had discovered that after someone had taken a bath the tub remained warm for some time so he was curling up in it, just under the tap, which dripped.