Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dig!!

luckypenny
February 6th, 2008, 09:00 AM
The title says it all! Teaching them the "dig" command has been the easiest thus far, go figure :laughing:.

luckypenny
February 6th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Lucky's turn while Ava prefers to watch this time.

Frenchy
February 6th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Can they dig through ice ? I need them at my place asap :laughing:

clm
February 6th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Mine will dig on command too, as soon as I tell them not to dig, they dig like little badgers :laughing:

Great pics.....you should sneak a treat in one of the areas you want them to dig in.....would be fun to see the look on their faces if they found a goodie.

Cindy

luckypenny
February 6th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Can they dig through ice ? I need them at my place asap :laughing:

Only if there's something interesting buried underneath it. We may be able to convince Penny if there's some poopsicles to be had :rolleyes: :frustrated: :laughing: .

Mine will dig on command too, as soon as I tell them not to dig, they dig like little badgers :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Great pics.....you should sneak a treat in one of the areas you want them to dig in.....would be fun to see the look on their faces if they found a goodie.

Cindy

Only if I have them out one at a time. Otherwise there's a wrestling match as to which greedy one gets the most treats. Cuzes, by far, are their favorite toys to dig up. Hopefully they'll be more rewarding than tree roots :frustrated: for Penny to find when the snow melts.

hazelrunpack
February 6th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Is that their special digging area, LP? Pretty snazzy! :D I never thought about what a great training tool snow can be! :laughing:

They sure look like they're having fun. :dog:

luckypenny
February 6th, 2008, 03:07 PM
That was one of my vegetable gardens :o . We removed all the other flower gardens and were just about to get rid of this one too when I got the idea (from members here at pets.ca including you HRP :thumbs up) to give them their very own digging pit :D .

Yeh, snow is alot of fun to dig into, not like the mud that will be there in the Spring :eek: .

hazelrunpack
February 6th, 2008, 04:29 PM
:laughing: You mean like:

Winter: "Ah, don't clean the snowballs out of their fur--just let it melt! And if it drips off them indoors, well, it's just water..."

vs.

Summer: ":yell:! Bring the towels and the upholstery cleaner!!! Who let the muddy dogs in!?" :cry:

Ya, I hear ya. I'm not looking forward to spring mud season, either. :rolleyes:

clm
February 6th, 2008, 09:28 PM
:laughing: You mean like:

Winter: "Ah, don't clean the snowballs out of their fur--just let it melt! And if it drips off them indoors, well, it's just water..."

vs.

Summer: ":yell:! Bring the towels and the upholstery cleaner!!! Who let the muddy dogs in!?" :cry:

Ya, I hear ya. I'm not looking forward to spring mud season, either. :rolleyes:

My first mud season with the 2 terrors. :eek:

Frenchy
February 6th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Only if there's something interesting buried underneath it. We may be able to convince Penny if there's some poopsicles to be had :rolleyes: :frustrated: :laughing: .

I do I do have poopsicles under the ice !!!! Go look for treasures Penny , go girl :laughing:
My first mud season with the 2 terrors. :eek:

OMG :eek: can't wait to see pictures :laugh:

:sorry:

shredy
February 6th, 2008, 11:55 PM
HI LP, great pictures, they look like they are having fun!

growler~GateKeeper
February 7th, 2008, 04:32 AM
:cloud9: snow diggers :lovestruck: too cute

what great fun :thumbs up

Love the 2nd pic with Pennys' face in the snow :lovestruck:

Lucky's got such great concentration :D I'm gonna find it I swear :dog:

Any of them use there noses to shovel snow out of the way? I love when dogs do that :lovestruck: