Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Potential home for pupsters!

Gibbons
February 5th, 2008, 12:13 PM
In case any one doesn't know, I'm fostering two dogs, Tango and Schroder, who are sister and brother. Both have three legs, Tango is 4 and Schroder is 11.

I put an add on kijji for our two foster dogs saying "check out these two at the rescue webpage and read our blog" and got a reply from a lady who had looked at them previously on the rescue page but didn't know how she felt about getting two dogs.

She said she read the blog, and despite her hesitations about getting an older dog (they just lost their 12 yr old dog to cancer), they're thinking about the fun they could have with him before he goes and how Tango will need a secure home for many years to come, even more so when she's left as the solo dog. She says she read the blog and fell in love with them, and is putting in an application today with the rescue.

She seems like an awesome lady, and all of the things she's been talking about - about how do you pick a dog out of the hundreds that need homes, and not even meeting my two fosters yet and aleady in love with them, about how important it is to get Tango somewhere she'll be loved so she can cope when Schroder isn't around any more - but she sounds exactly like me!

I'm so thrilled that they MIGHT get adopted, and into a family that spends so much time picking their "forever" dog(s) but know right away when they find them - they've thought it through thoroughly, they know what they're in for, but they're so smitten they want them anyway!

I've been fighting tears most of the day... hoping their application is accepted, that they come and visit, and decide these two are definitely the dogs for them! Tango and Schroder so deserve this.

Fingers crossed!

Gibbons
February 5th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Blargh- sorry, double post!

My internet connection messed up.