Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Good news and somewhat bad news

ancientgirl
February 5th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Miguel found Czarina this morning. He found her under his car. That's the good news.

The bad news is she apparently got into some kind of a fight with another animal. He brought her to the complex and she had a gash on her hind leg and she seemed slightly listless.

Rene got in soon after and offered to take her to the vet. I called the vet and they told me to have someone bring her in and they'd take care of her. I told them to do whatever they needed to do for her and to give me a call after she was looked at.

I expect to hear from them soon.

I think she probably lost a good deal of blood, since the gash was pretty big.

My poor girl was so scared.

Miguel wants to keep her, but he doesn't want to take her back to his house. He's afraid she will try to get out again, and if she does whatever attacked her might do so again. Where he lives there are a lot of raccoons and I'm thinking that might be what attacked her.

He wants to keep her back at the complex, he says she's safer there, even though she's outside. There are no other animals there other than the cats she already knows. And he already said he'd make sure to take the food dish away before he leaves for the day, so that old lady won't have anything to complain about.

For now I just want her to get better. If she needs to rest and have time to get better she will stay with me. Then she can decide if she wants to stay inside or if she wants to go back out again. I won't force her to do anything. As long as she's in the complex she's safe.

hazelrunpack
February 5th, 2008, 09:18 AM
What a relief that he found her, though! She's safe now and recovering! What a load off your mind! :grouphug:

:fingerscr and :goodvibes: for a quick recovery for Czarina!

Love4himies
February 5th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Oh I am so glad she has been found, sounds like she didn't wonder too far away.

Poor girl, there are some nasty critters outside:evil:.

I wouldn't give up on trying to get her inside, she is choosing a life that she knows and is comfortable with, not what is necessarily best for her.

A year ago I was trying to get a stray into the house, got her in once and all she wanted to do was go back outside, let her out (she was attacking our ankles) a couple of weeks later she was dead. http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=38338&page=3
I can tell you I cried many a guilt tears over her. I don't mean to scare you, but I just don't want you or Miguel to give up on her. You know how we all get so attached to everyone's pets on this forum;).

clm
February 5th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Thank goodness she's been found.
Hopefully she'll be as right as rain in no time.
Knowing she prefers the great outdoors, do you have outdoor access to your apartment for her? If she could access your apartment to an area where your current cats don't have access to, she'd be more inclined to come in and eat and sleep if she knew she wouldn't have to deal with the other cats.
My big indoor/outdoor guy will back away from the door if I open it and he sees the other cats around. If I put the girls up in the master bedroom for a while and then open the front door, he'll come trucking right in.

Cindy

ancientgirl
February 5th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I'm deeply relieved she's been found.

I just talked to the vet and she told me she'd be okay. She didn't lose too much blood, but enough so that when I asked her to do the wellness exam she told me to lets wait on it.

She didn't need any stitches, so the vet bandaged her leg. Gave her some antibiotics and they'll keep her until I go get her at the end of the day. My vet said they gave her some food and water and she happily ate it so that's a good sign.

Love4himies, I'm going to keep her inside with me for a few days. I know what you are saying, and I will try to see if she will be more comfortable staying indoors with me this time around, but can't keep her inside if she tries to run out again. I know she's better off inside, but if she's happy to be outside, I can't take that away from her. If I believed she was in any danger I'd force her to just deal with it, but I think she's safer being in the complex than any other place outside.

Clm, I live on the 4th floor. If I was on a bottom floor, believe me, I'd have a nice little cozy spot for her for sure.

badger
February 5th, 2008, 10:15 AM
LUCKY Czarina. Let's hope this is her last 'adventure' for awhile.

ancientgirl
February 5th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I think she's had enough adventures to last her for quite a while.

Masha
February 5th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Phew...thank goodness she is found... i was worried for her, poor girl.... she doesn't know whats best for her...

ancientgirl
February 5th, 2008, 10:37 AM
She's in good hands at the vet's office. :D

Lukka'sma
February 5th, 2008, 10:42 AM
If she has to be an indoor cat why not let her recover back at Miguels house. She is obviously comfortable with him and his wife. Miguel will just have to be more diligent when opening the door to make certain the cat isn't ready to dash out. If he puts forth an effort this can work
I had a cat that would have loved to be an outdoor cat, but with a bit of common sense on the humans part when opening a door you can prevent the cat from getting out.
She was never happy at your house, nor were the cats that already lived there, it seems an unlikely place to take her back to, it just didn't work for anyone.

happycats
February 5th, 2008, 10:54 AM
WOOOOO HOOOOOOO Thankfully she's found!!!:thumbs up I am so happy, I worried about her all night.

ancientgirl
February 5th, 2008, 11:17 AM
If she has to be an indoor cat why not let her recover back at Miguels house. She is obviously comfortable with him and his wife. Miguel will just have to be more diligent when opening the door to make certain the cat isn't ready to dash out. If he puts forth an effort this can work
I had a cat that would have loved to be an outdoor cat, but with a bit of common sense on the humans part when opening a door you can prevent the cat from getting out.
She was never happy at your house, nor were the cats that already lived there, it seems an unlikely place to take her back to, it just didn't work for anyone.

She has to stay with me tonight, because Miguel isn't going to have a chance to pick her up. I'll talk with him tomorrow about it again. I know he cares about her and wants to help her, but I can't force him to take her to his home again. He's afraid something she will get out again, he's afraid something will happen to her, I can't change his way of thinking.

I'm trying guys, I really am. Believe me, I can't begin to tell you how badly I wish she would be happy in my apartment, but it didn't work. She wasn't happy and neither were the others.

If all I can do for her is make sure she's fed and provide medical care for her both preventative and needed, that's what I have committed to do for her. I wish I had an apartment downstairs. I wish I had even an extra bedroom, but I just can't do more than what I'm doing.:sad:

Lukka'sma
February 5th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Don't you have any rescues or animal alert type places that could find her a home where she would be the only cat living there?

CearaQC
February 5th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Time to take some time for yourself!

No need for guilt trips, it's not worth it to feel negatively about the situation. I know you have a good heart. :2huggers:

You're an :angel2: and you are doing the very best you can with your resources and no one expects you to do more.

Try to stop beating yourself up over Czarina. No one really knows what the future holds. And who knows - something absolutely wonderful may result from this. I feel this situation with her will be a catalyst for something else... something wonderful that will touch your life.

I'm sure the others here will join me in :grouphug: for you.

ancientgirl
February 5th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Don't you have any rescues or animal alert type places that could find her a home where she would be the only cat living there?

I've tried rescues and they are just as crowded as every other organization around. Before Miguel said he'd take her, I tried to find a foster home for her, nobody would take her because the places I called were over their limits too.

One woman I spoke to told me she had three Torties just like her, and she's been fostering them for over a year. They are all strays, and she has to keep them all in separate rooms.

I've spoken to friends, and they've spoken to friends and no one is interested in taking her.

Rather than take her to a shelter and have her locked in some cage, I'd rather her be where I know she's being fed, getting exercise, playing and living her life happily and being cared for. Even if it is outside.

Jim Hall
February 5th, 2008, 11:42 AM
yah get her patched up and let her decide where she wants to be i have watched over and helped outdoor cats all my life and sometimes, more often than i would like, you just got to let them be.

There are cats and humans also for that matter that cannot be happy in a nice cozy situation Thats just the way it is

Lukka'sma
February 5th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Sorry if any of my posts made you feel like I was putting blame on you for this cats situation, and subsequent injury. Just the opposite as a matter of fact.
This cat seemed fine prior to your intervention. The complex workers were already feeding her and made her somewhat friendly to humans when you first spotted her. They even had her named did they not? Mitsu or something like that.
If anything I think you are trying too hard to make her life what you think it should be. But you have to understand that she is an outdoor cat, she seems to always have been. The outdoor life in your complex doesn't appear to be too harsh for a cat to take. The traffic is low, the weather certainly not drastic, the human contact is present when she wants it, she likes the other outdoor cats in the complex, food is supplied, you have said that outside is where she wants to be, all these things seem not to be a terrible burden for her to cope with.
Yes taking a feral cat and giving it a loving home is a good thing to do, but is it always the right thing to do. Not in every circumstance, this by all accounts would fall into that category. If none of the necessities of life were being provided then rescuing her from the streets would be the right thing to do, but thats not the case here.
Stop beating yourself, she will be just fine going back to the life she knew before all this started.

ancientgirl
February 5th, 2008, 11:47 AM
That's all I want to do. I realize that she was fine before I tried to bring her indoors. I was thinking selfishly and thinking she might be like my resident cats. But there is no comparison. All my resident cats have ever known is indoors, and maybe at one time Czarina was an indoor cat, but she's been outside longer than in.

She's getting medical attention. When she's well, she'll go back to her life the way it was and should have been. All I ever wanted was for her to be happy and safe. She was and will be again.

clm
February 5th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Glad she's going to be OK. :thumbs up
She'll be much happier once she's back on her old stomping grounds with everyone fussing over her. She loves living at your complex so, at least you will still get to see her.
I wouldn't stress her out and keep her in for too long. If the wound didn't need stiches, she should be fine to go out again quickly. Just keep an eye on it for a few days.
My big guy got into it with a new stray that's showed up, his ear was a mess. I cleaned him up and kept an eye on it and he's almost all healed up again. Even tolerates the new guy now. :p
At least she's got a whole lot nicer weather than my outdoor fellow has. Mind you it's nice today, but a far cry from Florida weather. Back into another snow storm tonight and tomorrow. :yell:

Cindy

Lukka'sma
February 5th, 2008, 11:56 AM
That's all I want to do. I realize that she was fine before I tried to bring her indoors. I was thinking selfishly and thinking she might be like my resident cats. But there is no comparison. All my resident cats have ever known is indoors, and maybe at one time Czarina was an indoor cat, but she's been outside longer than in.

She's getting medical attention. When she's well, she'll go back to her life the way it was and should have been. All I ever wanted was for her to be happy and safe. She was and will be again.

Yes, I know.
Think how you would feel if you are walking along your building next week and you see her inside one of the apartment windows looking out and longing for her world. You knock on the door where she is and they tell you she's a stray and if given long enough would adapt to indoor life . You would most likely tell them she is happy with her life outside and is cared for. If they refused to let her out ever again it would probably break your heart because her quality of live would be very compromised.

krdahmer
February 5th, 2008, 12:40 PM
That's great that Miguel found her. http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0060.gif (http://www.allthedates.com)

:2cents:But I have to say the only reason she got out from his house is because he didn't make sure she was secure before opening the door. A simple mistake, and easily made when first dealing with a stray. (I won't call her feral as she has a lot of trust in humans... ferals usually have none.) No reason to give up. If I had done the same after the first few escape attempts, Buddy and Palomine would both be fending for themselves at my old apartment. They got out numerous times, not because they didn't like me or my house or even being indoors but simply out of habit. I agree with whoever mentioned in your other post that cats don't reason on that level... they adapt to any situation, it's their survival instinct. The reason they seem to 'long' for the outdoors is because that is what they have become accustomed to, not because they truly prefer it. You have come so far with her already and I would hate to see her back outdoors in harm's way, because although you may not see any other animals around, or think the car traffic is light enough, out there she is never really as safe as she would be in a loving home. You can only do so much I understand. And you cannot force Miguel to try again. I just am really praying that someone could find her a home... like maybe your vets office..:shrug: I just feel so involved with your struggles with her :o and know how difficult that transition can be, and how many mistakes can be made... but I also know that as long as you learn from every one and are dilligent, the outcome can be so wonderful. It takes time and patience and a heck of a lot of attention to details, but she could adapt to a new home. She has only gotten out twice so far and that is by no means unheard of... maybe if you try that trick with your kitchen door while she is healing from the leg wound... and talk to Miguel or your vet or even see about posting on Petfinder, maybe she still has a chance at a home.:pray: :fingerscr

ancientgirl
February 5th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Yes, I know.
Think how you would feel if you are walking along your building next week and you see her inside one of the apartment windows looking out and longing for her world. You knock on the door where she is and they tell you she's a stray and if given long enough would adapt to indoor life . You would most likely tell them she is happy with her life outside and is cared for. If they refused to let her out ever again it would probably break your heart because her quality of live would be very compromised.

When she was with me, if she wasn't looking out the window, she was laying on the chair sleeping or huddled in her pyramid. There were times when I felt really sorry for her, because she looked like she'd just given up. Looking back, I think perhaps she was just longing to be outside. To have the life she used to have. And when she saw her chance to get away she did.

When I pet her in the mornings, I feel she is "allowing" me that kindness. When she's had enough, she goes eats some food then goes off and lays next to a bush or goes off to look for Miguel. She's social outside. At this point I think I'd feel more guilty bringing her inside.

ancientgirl
February 5th, 2008, 01:12 PM
That's great that Miguel found her. http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0060.gif (http://www.allthedates.com)

:2cents:But I have to say the only reason she got out from his house is because he didn't make sure she was secure before opening the door. A simple mistake, and easily made when first dealing with a stray. (I won't call her feral as she has a lot of trust in humans... ferals usually have none.) No reason to give up. If I had done the same after the first few escape attempts, Buddy and Palomine would both be fending for themselves at my old apartment. They got out numerous times, not because they didn't like me or my house or even being indoors but simply out of habit. I agree with whoever mentioned in your other post that cats don't reason on that level... they adapt to any situation, it's their survival instinct. The reason they seem to 'long' for the outdoors is because that is what they have become accustomed to, not because they truly prefer it. You have come so far with her already and I would hate to see her back outdoors in harm's way, because although you may not see any other animals around, or think the car traffic is light enough, out there she is never really as safe as she would be in a loving home. You can only do so much I understand. And you cannot force Miguel to try again. I just am really praying that someone could find her a home... like maybe your vets office..:shrug: I just feel so involved with your struggles with her :o and know how difficult that transition can be, and how many mistakes can be made... but I also know that as long as you learn from every one and are dilligent, the outcome can be so wonderful. It takes time and patience and a heck of a lot of attention to details, but she could adapt to a new home. She has only gotten out twice so far and that is by no means unheard of... maybe if you try that trick with your kitchen door while she is healing from the leg wound... and talk to Miguel or your vet or even see about posting on Petfinder, maybe she still has a chance at a home.:pray: :fingerscr

I'm going to bring her home and do what ever I need to do for her as far as her leg goes.

Then, if she wants to go back out, I'll allow her that.

At this point, I feel that not only is she safe in the complex, but she's happier than if she were inside. She knows the ins and outs of that complex, and I know for a fact she has several hiding places, one of which I've seen her come out of when she thinks nobody is watching.

I hope to at some point find a place to buy where I live. But only if it's a first floor apartment. I'd like to give her access to my place, but I can only do that if I lived downstairs and had a balcony or patio, which some of the bottom floors have.

rainbow
February 5th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I thought about Czarina all last night and am so glad that Miguel found her this morning. :highfive: Too bad she was hurt though but I know you will do everything you can for her. :angel: Good luck and hugs for Czarina. :grouphug:

ancientgirl
February 5th, 2008, 01:45 PM
I thought about Czarina all last night and am so glad that Miguel found her this morning. :highfive: Too bad she was hurt though but I know you will do everything you can for her. :angel: Good luck and hugs for Czarina. :grouphug:

Thank you for thinking of her. She's at the vet's office. I called during lunch and she's doing fine. Her leg wasn't as bad as it looked to me, and they've given her some antibiotics. I'll be picking her up later and keeping her with me for a few days to make sure she's okay and to give her medicine.

Love4himies
February 5th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I guess allowing Czarina to make her life choices is like allowing a child to make their own choices. I am not telling you what to do, it is your decision, but I just don't want you to regret your decision later, it takes only one car to kill a cat and only one weirdo to poison a cat and only one cat fight to get an infectious disease. I have had indoor and outdoor cats, my outdoor cats have only had a life span of half of my indoor cats. I believe cats like to go outside and should get a chance, but only supervised and on harness if called for.

I know this must be killing you inside to know what to do, very difficult decision.:grouphug: to you.

Winston
February 5th, 2008, 01:59 PM
I am so glad Czarina was found...I thought about her all night! Poor thing must have been scared to death! I didnt think she would venture far from her surroundings..Glad she is in the care of the vet and things are not worse.

You need to stop and take a moment to see how things are going to be if you bring her home. I know you mean well for her but stop and take a step back. IF she comes home with you you need to be strong!! and not feel bad for her about being indoors. We cant think like humans and understand how cats feel we are not at there level. You cant possibly know whether she is really sad when she lays around looking out the window. In a humans mind we think the animal is sad...but how do you know that she is not thinking wow how wonderful to have a warm home, food and I dont have to sleep outside tonight?? I would be willing to bet that if you kept her completely seperate physically from your others and maybe, maybe down the road a very slow intro it can work.....But we as humans give in and think its hard on them...its not hard..its just an adjustment..Dont worry about how the fab 4 are going to be...if they are seperate that is just fine...they will learn the boundaries, and they will figure out that they are safe from her if she is seperated....I beleive all your girl needs is time, patience and love...no worying about how she feels...and that someday all this will be a distant memory!

The other thing is what would it cost to board her at the vets office for awhile..maybe they would give you a break and she could get some exposure to a potential long term home. Sorry for blabbering on..

Cindy

ancientgirl
February 5th, 2008, 02:26 PM
I want what's best for her, like you all do. But I can't do any more than what I'm doing. Maybe another person, someone stronger than me, maybe they could. But I can't. My nerves are frayed to the point where I feel like crying at the mere mention of her name. I've already taken more anxiety medication than I should yesterday and today, and my brain feels like it's floating on water.

I wish I had a magic wand that would allow her to come into my home and get along with the others, and have her feel like she wants to be there.

I wish I had a bigger apartment, where I could keep them all from even seeing each other. I wish so many things right now and not one of them will make up for what I've done.

I love her. I care for her, but I'm beginning to feel like I wish I'd never seen her. Then I wouldn't feel like such :censored: right now.

Please, don't be angry with me and don't take this the wrong way, but I need to step away from here for a couple of days. I'm overwhelmed and I can't talk about this anymore.

Love4himies
February 5th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I wish I had a magic wand that would allow her to come into my home and get along with the others, and have her feel like she wants to be there.

I wish I had one too for Puddles and Sweet Pea. Also I would like to have a crystal ball.;)

We all know you care and love Czarina. She does too!

krdahmer
February 5th, 2008, 02:58 PM
IF she comes home with you you need to be strong!! and not feel bad for her about being indoors. We cant think like humans and understand how cats feel we are not at there level. You cant possibly know whether she is really sad when she lays around looking out the window.
The other thing is what would it cost to board her at the vets office for awhile..maybe they would give you a break and she could get some exposure to a potential long term home. Sorry for blabbering on..

Cindy

I imagine she may have been sleeping so much because she was relieved to be safe and able to. Outside they have to be on alert even when asleep to possible preditors etc. That orange chair must have been heaven to her! :cloud9:

And thats not a bad idea Cindy... Ancient if you are feeling very overwhelmed, maybe you could see if the vet could care for her overnight or a day or two, so that you can relax a bit knowing she's safe and take some time to think about what you want to do, who knows someone might offer to watch her or take her in. And what about your friend from work... would he possibly foster her in a spare room for a while for you? I know he knows cats and she is all vaccined so I'm not sure there is risk for her and his cat if they are seperated?

And please don't think I or any of us are disappointed or trying to pressure you....we know how stressful these situations are, and are trying to give you hope and ideas. Most of all we are here to support you, no matter what you decide, I for one am proud of all you have done for her so far. I just can't help but hope that she ends up indoors... you have us all so attached to her. I can just imagine how emotional it all is for you... so hang in there and I'll send you all my :pray:! :grouphug:

Oh and give that fab 4 some snuggles for us too!! :lovestruck:

Winston
February 5th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Ancientgirl! I am sorry your feeling like this...it is tough when we love animals like this....you will be fine with whatever happens...we can only offer advise but what you decide is just fine....Sending positive thoughts your way !! :cloud9: Dont ever wish you didnt meet her because you have been her Angel!! :angel2:

Cindy

Kristin7
February 5th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Awesome that she's been found, I'm so glad! You must be so relieved (I know I am)! If it makes you feel any better, about the outdoor cat situation, I had a cat growing up, she had been born a barn cat, but taken into the house very young to be our family pet. She was indoor/outdoor her whole life. She totally knew what she was doing and was a survivor. She lived to be 15 years old and actually died of kidney disease. Czarina seems like a survivor too. I know there are more dangers outside, but she's in a somewhat protected environment, and has people watching out for her, more than a lot of them. She's going to be fine. Indoor only cats can die young too... If you want, you can keep looking for a home for her. Who knows, maybe it'll take a year to find the perfect one, but it could happen. Just be patient.

14+kitties
February 5th, 2008, 11:17 PM
ancient - do what your heart tells you is the best for Czarina. :grouphug:

growler~GateKeeper
February 5th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Ancientgirl glad to hear Czarina was found :thumbs up. Her wound will heal & she'll be fine :goodvibes:

:grouphug:

Dracko
February 6th, 2008, 12:21 AM
I am so relieved she was found. I was sick to my stomach when I read she was missing.

I know how you feel ancientgirl about almost feeling like you'd never come across her. The other day there was cat outside and it is cold here. I got out of my car to check it out and it ran away from me. There was a part of me that was almost glad cuz I've been through the feeling of capturing an animal and not being sure what the right thing was to do with it.

I truly believe there are some cats that want to be outside. No I'm not saying it is ideal but what can you do? I was worried when I brought my Smitty home at 4 months as he had lived outside on a farm. Thank gawd he took to the inside just fine. He still loves to roll around in the grass/dirt in the backyard if I bring him out on a leash but he doesn't try to escape.

It's too bad Miguel couldn't put a cat door on the office door but I realize he doesn't have control over that.

Just watch out over her and I'm sure she will be okay around the building.

ancientgirl
February 6th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I left her at the vet last night. There is no A/C in my apartment. They cut it last night because they are working on the roofs. I went to see her and she looked a lot better and was her normal self.

I know she'll be okay. I found out this morning that one of the members of the board often talks to Miguel and he was telling this guy about Czarina and about some people complaining about putting food out for her and the others.

The board member told Miguel not to worry. If anybody complains and the guy at the office starts go give them grief, he'll just tell the guy he can't keep the cat HE has in the office. Yes, there is a cat in the office, the same office Miguel was told he can't keep Czarina. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. This guy will have to put a sock in it, because it's not fair for him to keep his cat in the office and keep people from feeding the couple of strays there are outside.

Dracko
February 6th, 2008, 09:22 PM
A/C!!! It has been so cold here -30C (-22F) to -50 (-58F) at some points that I forget others have it hot.

ancientgirl
February 7th, 2008, 08:56 AM
I lived in Illinois and Michigan until I was 14, so I know what it's like to be COLD. LOL, I can't say either is better than the other. In the winter when I'm complaining about the heat, I forget others are freezing.

It was obscenely hot though in my apartment. I had even called the vet to have them make room for the Fantastic Four, because I was going to take them to spend the night there if my A/C hadn't been connected.

Luckily it was!

I'm picking up Czarina tomorrow. She's doing really well.

krdahmer
February 7th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Aw I'm so glad to hear she's on the mend:grouphug: and that you are getting a bit of a break... we have our paws crossed here that she's lost her affection for the outdoors and after this ordeal will be more than willing to get along with the fab 4, and stay in where it's safe! :fingerscr :pawprint: :o

loopoo
February 7th, 2008, 04:57 PM
glad she is safe and recovering.. i am praying the same.. that she will lose that wanderlust now...:) i cant remember how long ago you spayed her.. sometimes it can take up to a year for a cat to really mellow out after that as well.. best of luck either way, i always look for updates here..

chico2
February 7th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Ancientgirl,I might have sounded harsh at times,but only because I was disappointed,I probably wanted as badly as you that she would eventually be ok with your cats:sad:
I did not mean to come across like I might have,you have done more for this little girl,than many would,you obviously love her.
I don't think a shelter is the right place for her and if she was adopted,who's to say,she won't run again and then what??In a strange place:confused:
At least now,thank's to you,she will not get pregnant,she'll get fed regularly and her health looked after.
Maybe by a miracle,this latest scare,will make her not too eager to go outside:pray:

ancientgirl
February 7th, 2008, 06:40 PM
I do desperatly love her. But I feel like I can't force her and I feel she doesn't want me to.

I actually didn't have her spayed. My vet checked her and saw she had a spay scar. I'm hoping she WAS spayed and it wasn't something else. I'm taking her in again after she's better and I'll have them give her the wellness exam. At that time I'm going to ask the vet to have a better look at her and to please make sure.

I'm not going to give up. She's happy being outside. Miguel tells me how much she loves to run with the other kitties outside. He knows to watch over her and if anything happens that she looks like she's in danger or of the crazy old lady starts making trouble he knows to put her in my apartment.

I'm not done with her, I won't ever be.

Love4himies
February 8th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I
I actually didn't have her spayed. My vet checked her and saw she had a spay scar. I'm hoping she WAS spayed and it wasn't something else. I'm taking her in again after she's better and I'll have them give her the wellness exam. At that time I'm going to ask the vet to have a better look at her and to please make sure.

If the vet found a scar, he/she would be able to recognize it as a spay scare, right place, size and they can tell if a wound has healed with stitches. Also she would have gone into heat by now.

ancientgirl
February 8th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Okay. The reason I was unsure is because Miguel has told me the other kitties around the complex, the ones who won't come near anyone are hers.

Miguel said the big Orange tabby is now coming to eat at the same place Czarina eats, next to the office. Miguel is trying to make him friendly towards him. It he can accomplish that, I will try and have him taken to the vet and checked out as well, like I did Czarina. Just to make sure he's healthy and has no issues that need to be looked into.