Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The puppies just heard thunder for the second time

clm
February 4th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Only the second time we've had thunder since I got them last summer. They weren't impressed. :laughing: I sure hope they get used to it, or it's going to be a long spring and summer when thunderstorms are a lot more common.:rolleyes:

Cindy

Frenchy
February 4th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I have the same problem here. :sad:

luckypenny
February 4th, 2008, 10:13 PM
How did the pups react, clm?

I usually pull out all the special toys and handfuls of treats when there's thunder and turn it into a doggie party. It's pretty rare here so I hope the next time we get a big storm, they'll remember to go running for their toy box :fingerscr .

clm
February 4th, 2008, 10:18 PM
They both jumped up and started barking. :rolleyes: Only one really good clap of it and that was it, so I'm hoping for a quiet night so I can sleep. I'd prefer to have to work on this during the day. :laughing: I'll have to do the treat thing with them and see how that works. Our last dog, Yogi was wonderful, couldn't care a less about thunder. :sleepy: My first dog Freddie, the tough guy, he was horrible with it. I used to have to sleep on the floor in the hallway with him if we had a storm during the night. :laughing:

Cindy

luckypenny
February 4th, 2008, 10:27 PM
My first dog Freddie, the tough guy, he was horrible with it. I used to have to sleep on the floor in the hallway with him if we had a storm during the night. :laughing:

Awwww :lovestruck: . At least Baxter and Bentley would provide you with the furriest pillows :cloud9: .