Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

LOST. does any one follow?

amatazes
February 4th, 2008, 01:24 PM
How incredible is this show? My bubba and I used to sit on the couch and watch it every week. I'm glad it was completely written and filmed before the strike started so I don't have to suffer.

I can't figure out if hurley is insane or not. I also wonder why they killed the other guy off. I'm not mentioning names in case you haven't seen this weeks episode.
Does anyone else want to chat about it?

SARAH
February 4th, 2008, 01:43 PM
The idea was good. I started the first season, managed to finish it. Figured I'd give season 2 a go as well. But it just got more and more unbelievable and silly, so I quit. Just a detail in all of it, but how can that fat guy stay as fat on an island where they had trouble finding food (season 1)? That started bugging me from the start. And this mystical sender, the burried bunker, the other half of the passengers ... and why would they be hostile? ... the unseen monster, the mind tricks ... nah, frankly, NO.

jessi76
February 4th, 2008, 02:15 PM
I'm glad it was completely written and filmed before the strike started so I don't have to suffer.

I watch it too. actually, because of the strike, instead of 16 new episodes, there will only be 8 this season.

dmc123
February 4th, 2008, 06:13 PM
amatazes,

Me and my roomie follow Lost....in fact we watched the replay of last season's ending, as well as the recap prior to watching the premier. I also heard the season was to be shortened 8 weeks.

I just hope that ABC will let the show continue...I would hate for it to end with no "ending", like they did on "The Nine", which I also enjoyed.

As for Hugo, do you think he is insane? They keep going from present to future it is hard to know what will be the in-between stuff, still to come.

Diane

Byrd
February 4th, 2008, 07:21 PM
[QUOTE=dmc123;541967]

Me and my roomie follow Lost....in fact we watched the replay of last season's ending, as well as the recap prior to watching the premier. /QUOTE]

ME TOO!!!! :thumbs up

Been watching since day one! It's such an amazing show.

rainbow
February 4th, 2008, 08:05 PM
I've watched it from Day 1 but have missed quite a few episodes. As far as Hurley not losing weight I thought that the Dharma people were dropping food supplies by air and that he was the one looking after them? :shrug:

Also, whatever happened to Walt and Michael? I thought I seen the dog in the last show. :shrug:

And, what happened to Libby? :confused:

Byrd
February 4th, 2008, 08:15 PM
K, you missed a lot, you maybe should rent the seasons. LOL

Very simple explainations:

Walt and Michael are gone, the Others let them go on the boat when Michael brought them Jack, Kate, and Sawyer.

As for Libby, she walked in on Michael just after he shot Ana and he 'accidentally' shot her too.

dmc123
February 4th, 2008, 08:17 PM
rainbow....

here's what we remember, Walt and Michael are "lost" somewhere in "lost". They have both appeared since they left.

Libby was killed in the bunker with Ana....Michael killed them.

Diane

rainbow
February 4th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Walt and Michael are gone, the Others let them go on the boat when Michael brought them Jack, Kate, and Sawyer.

rainbow....

here's what we remember, Walt and Michael are "lost" somewhere in "lost". They have both appeared since they left.

Now I'm really "LOST". :laughing:

dmc123
February 4th, 2008, 08:25 PM
LOL, they aren't on regularly, we are still waiting to see where they went. The show hasn't told that part yet.

Diane

Kristin7
February 4th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I LOVE this show and would love to chat anytime. I have the first two seasons on dvd but not the third, yet. Looking forward to the short season this year, anything is good for me at this point. Btw, the season is short due to the writers strike in hollywood and nothing else-there are not plans to cancel short of the show's planned ending a few seasons from now. It is one of the few shows with any new episodes right now. It is one of the best shows, if not the best, i've EVER seen on tv, a great story. I have very high expectations for the remaining episodes in the show (not just this year) and believe they will deliver.

To confirm, yes, there were food drops that Hurley was benefiting from. I'm sure there will be more sense made of this later on, as it appears as if things are happening on the island for a reason, everyone has been tempted by their own demons, so to speak. Hurleys' is food. There is a point to all this, if you hang in there to find out. And Libby, yeah, long gone. She was killed off last season. I don't think Hurley is really insane, but more like hiding out.

krdahmer
February 5th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I love Lost. I started watching it during the second season... and there have been so many recap shows I think I am in the loop now. Well as much as the show wants me to be... :rolleyes: I like that it isn't mindless entertainment... you have to pay attention and remember or else you end up lost... yuk yuk. :o

dmc123
February 5th, 2008, 05:53 PM
you have to pay attention and remember or else you end up lost... yuk yuk. :o

LOL LOL LOL - so true!

Diane

Kristin7
February 6th, 2008, 08:24 PM
It's on tomorrow, so excited!!! :)

Byrd
February 6th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Yay! And now that the writer's strike is almost over maybe we'll be getting some more episodes made before the ones they have end. :pray:

rainbow
February 10th, 2008, 11:42 PM
I missed the last episode. :sad: What happened? :o

krdahmer
February 11th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Um ok I am horrible at recaps...so it appears that you can watch the full episode here... http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing?lid=ABCCOMGlobalMenu&lpos=FEP

dmc123
February 11th, 2008, 05:50 PM
rainbow,

I was going to suggest watching online also, as krdahmer already did :) I've done that many times for Lost and other shows I missed and forgot to record.

Diane

rainbow
February 11th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Krdahmer, thanks for posting the link. :thumbs up I'll watch it later when I won't have so many interuptions. :o

Kristin7
February 12th, 2008, 11:50 AM
It was really good, I esp enjoyed the ending!! have fun watching it. and soon, another new episode will be on :)

rainbow
February 12th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Um ok I am horrible at recaps...so it appears that you can watch the full episode here... http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing?lid=ABCCOMGlobalMenu&lpos=FEP

You have to live in the United States to have access to watch missed episodes. :sad:

Anybody else want to recap? :fingerscr :o

Kristin7
February 12th, 2008, 07:43 PM
ok, I probably can, but you may want to check your Thurs night tv lineup. Where I live, they are replaying last week's episode right before the new one. If that's not the case, i'd take a shot at recapping it, though am not that great at it either, and really, it is more fun to watch it.

Byrd
February 12th, 2008, 07:48 PM
After watching that last ep.... I'm LOST!!!! :crazy:

rainbow
February 12th, 2008, 07:53 PM
ok, I probably can, but you may want to check your Thurs night tv lineup. Where I live, they are replaying last week's episode right before the new one. If that's not the case, i'd take a shot at recapping it, though am not that great at it either, and really, it is more fun to watch it.

Thanks Kristin....I'll check the listings. :o

After watching that last ep.... I'm LOST!!!! :crazy:

Oh oh....sounds like I will be too. :D

Byrd
February 12th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Well, some totally weird things happen.

Kristin7
February 13th, 2008, 08:57 AM
I read last night that since the writer's strike is over, we could have up to 5 additional new episodes this season, yay!!

krdahmer
February 13th, 2008, 12:24 PM
You have to live in the United States to have access to watch missed episodes. :sad:

Anybody else want to recap? :fingerscr :o

Oh that stinks Rainbow... sorry. (you could try downloading it from Frostwire or the like- thats how I caught up on this season's Smallville:o)

I read last night that since the writer's strike is over, we could have up to 5 additional new episodes this season, yay!!

:thumbs up WOO!

amatazes
February 15th, 2008, 08:48 AM
amatazes,

Me and my roomie follow Lost....in fact we watched the replay of last season's ending, as well as the recap prior to watching the premier. I also heard the season was to be shortened 8 weeks.

I just hope that ABC will let the show continue...I would hate for it to end with no "ending", like they did on "The Nine", which I also enjoyed.

As for Hugo, do you think he is insane? They keep going from present to future it is hard to know what will be the in-between stuff, still to come.

Diane

The nine was cancelled was it not? along with the greatest show ever, six degrees.

I've watched it from Day 1 but have missed quite a few episodes. As far as Hurley not losing weight I thought that the Dharma people were dropping food supplies by air and that he was the one looking after them? :shrug:

Also, whatever happened to Walt and Michael? I thought I seen the dog in the last show. :shrug:

And, what happened to Libby? :confused:

As everyone else said Walt and Michael are supposed to have found there was off the island. I don't believe that. John Locke mentions Walt's name in last weeks episode. He tells the people that he's getting his orders from Walt. In the second season it is revealed that Walt is somehow a chosen one.

amatazes
February 15th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I'm kicking myself. Oh wait. I can watch them online. woohoo.

Kristin7
February 15th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Last night's episode was great! Finally Sayid's role has gotten more interesting. I want to know more answers though!! there are always more and more questions raised! frustrating but i love it :D I didn't miss it last night, but am going to rewatch it online, I find doing that sometimes I pick up things that were missed the first time.

I don't believe we've seen the last of Walt and Michael...

krdahmer
February 15th, 2008, 01:12 PM
All I have to say about last night's episode is.....

HUH???!!!???

:rolleyes::laughing:

amatazes
February 15th, 2008, 03:57 PM
ok so I just watch the last 2 episodes again and I have so many questions.
Why does saide look like he knew Naomi?
I think the experiment the physicist sis pretty much just summed it for me. I think this island might be a different dimension. Maybe due to the magnetic craziness (like the bermuda triangle) this island has a different time zone/dimension. idk. any other theories?

who do you think is the 6th oceanic survivor? Up to now we have jack, hugo, kate, saide and ben. I'm thinking sawyer maybe juliette.
I really have to get a life.:loser:

Kristin7
February 16th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I am not sure it is in a different dimension but time definitely is 'off' there compared with the rest of the world. Maybe it has something to do with the magnetism under the island, which seems strong. Could be that's what pulled the plane out of the sky too. I found the whole Dharma polar bear in the desert thing interesting, like maybe someone was doing experiments and were able to transport the polar bear there? sort of like Star Trek. also, that anthropologist woman seemed not surprised at all, but more like delighted to find it, and also she didn't believe that plane that was found was flight 815 (nor did the others who helicoptered onto the island, i gathered).

I don't think Ben is one of the Oceanic 6, he wasn't on the plane. We saw him last year watch it go down, and seemed to be waiting for it, or at least was prepared for what to do when a plane went down. So there are 2 others who got off the island, but I am not sure who. I thought I saw a flash-forward last season or the season b4, in which Sun was off the island, so maybe it is her. Or could be Michael and Walt. They left, but really, we don't know if they made it out, and we keep seeing Walt.

I also thought that was interesting that Sayid seemed to recognize Naomi. But maybe it was just her bracelet he recognized... I wonder whose initials those were... R.C. on the bracelet. Any ideas?

Byrd
February 16th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Yeah, Ben, Juliette, Desmond, none of them can be part of the Oceanic 6 due to already being on the island when the plane went down. So far we have Jack, Kate, Hurley, and Sayid, I think perhaps Claire and Sun may be the other two. I also think that maybe their getting off the island is not by choice due to the way Jack acts in the flash forwards.

I'm thinking the bracelet may have been given by mystery man, Naomi's boss, the bald black guy that visited Hurley in the institution in his flash forward. The girl that Sayid was seeing also had on a bracelet like that, perhaps that was her boss and that's who Ben sent Sayid to kill, after all he was after Ben for some reason.

Walt is definitely still on the island and definitely something special, remember Locke got shot and then Walt came along and told him to get up, and now he's walking around fine with a bullet wound in his gut. :confused: Also Desmond had said when he tried to sail away that there's nothing out there, he just kept circling back to the island.

rainbow
February 16th, 2008, 12:55 PM
I really wish they would re-run the episodes on a different day/time. I missed the last one again :yell: and now I'm so out of the loop that I probably won't bother watching it again. :o

Byrd
February 16th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I thought some stations re aired last weeks ep before showing this weeks.

rainbow
February 16th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I thought some stations re aired last weeks ep before showing this weeks.

Really ???? :fingerscr Let me know which ones. :D

Kristin7
February 16th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I know there are episodes online to download, but maybe not in Canada? Did you try abc.com? I haven't looked around otherwise... The episodes are very good, totally worth it to if you can find them. Otherwise, it probably would be fine to wait for the season 4 dvd to come out, however short it is... Byrd - I think you are right about Walt, and my take on Locke, well he did mention, he'd be dead if he still had a kidney in that spot. There are no coincidences on this island. His kidney was stolen by his dad or he'd be dead. What does that mean? :crazy: The bracelet and Naomi, her boss and Sayid (and the woman he was seeing), definitely some kind of connection there... what it is remains to be seen. I feel like Ben totally feels threatened by Locke for some reason. Locke could see Jakob and Ben could not, and Ben really was irritated by that. But there's a greater feeling of animosity there which I can't put my finger on yet... time will tell (I hope).

Byrd
February 16th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Here it's channel 18... WKBW.

Yeah, that's what Locke said, but even still, he has a hole through his body, even without a kidney he'd likely bleed to death.

Kristin7
February 16th, 2008, 09:50 PM
True, I thought it was a little weird... Not sure what is going on with Locke, or Sayid for that matter. I saw a screen shot of what Hurley saw, looking into the cabin, and it was a portrait of a dog (not Vincent, more of a hound dog)! Go figure.

Byrd
February 17th, 2008, 01:58 PM
That's cool. Thought maybe Hurley saw Jacob.

Funny how the numbers can stick in your head after all this time eh. There's a website and it's name is the numbers, here I am typing it in laalaalaa no problem like. It's www.4815162342.com

Kristin7
February 17th, 2008, 05:28 PM
:laughing: that's great, Byrd! There are so many Lost fan sites and forums, I feel overwhelmed so rarely check them out but probably am missing a lot of interesting stuff - however, there's only so much time in one day. Here is a wikipedia (ok, it is actually 'Lostpedia') article about the dog painting... apparently this is a real dog, rescued from Honolulu HS. Cool! http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Jacob's_painting Hurley saw someone in the chair, but not Jacob, it was Jacks dad!

Incidentally, that Lostpedia site has recaps of all the episodes, for those of you who missed them. http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Byrd
February 17th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I remembered that particular website because they used to have an ongoing screen capture thread, but I can't find it now.

Kristin7
February 17th, 2008, 07:29 PM
I don't see it either, but if you search on that site, they will refer you to others that do have screenshots.

Did anyone pick up on the meaning of the name 'Faraday'? The physicist guy who landed, it is his last name - Faraday's constant, etc, quite famous in his field back in the day, he studied electromagnetic fields... http://chem.ch.huji.ac.il/history/faraday.htm

Kristin7
February 21st, 2008, 05:54 PM
Don't forget to watch tonight!!!!!!!

Byrd
February 21st, 2008, 07:40 PM
Never!!!!!

Byrd
February 21st, 2008, 10:00 PM
:eek:

NO WAY!!!!

Well, obviously Claire isn't one of the Oceanic 6.

Kristin7
February 22nd, 2008, 05:10 AM
No... does he count as one of the six? I mean, he wasn't actually a registered passenger. I can't wait to find out what happens with those who got on the helicopter!

krdahmer
February 22nd, 2008, 08:04 AM
I'm kind of hoping the dog is one of the six... :o With Aaron we are up to 5, if he counts... :shrug:

Byrd
February 23rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
We will find out about the helicopter next week.

I doubt he counts. According to Jack's story there were 8 survivors but 2 died. So, whoever the 6 are they were part of the group that "Kate rescued". However, why does Kate have Aaron, did the two parties on the island go to 'war' and Claire got killed, did Claire give him to Kate for some reason? She would have to say he's hers because he'd be taken from her otherwise, but I'm supposing they are having to lie about his age then, because obviously Kate wouldn't be that pregnant when they crashed. hhhmmm so many questions.

Byrd
March 13th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Huh, a flash forward and a flashback in the same episode. :confused: Man oh man I'm getting more lost by the week. :laughing:

dmc123
March 13th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Byrd, I am glad you brought this topic/post up again. I have been meaning to search for it again.

I have watched this show since the first episode, have not watched tonight's yet, will on Saturday, but I am so LOST. Me and roomie just look at each other with dumb looks - waiting for the meaning to it all.

How many more episodes?

Diane

Byrd
March 13th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Tonight's was good... you have to watch it asap!!!

We're almost done this season I think. I had heard at the beginning that they were banking on seven seasons.