Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A couple of pictures to cheer myself up.

ancientgirl
February 4th, 2008, 01:22 PM
I wanted to post these this morning, but I've been too worried about Czarina. But they were so cute and I wanted to let you all see them.

I couldn't believe this one. Maks is always trying to be bossy with Oksana. Last night he was being a real pain, LOL, but after she hissed at him he froze and ran the other way. But later on, I got this picture. At first I thought "Uh oh!" But no, they sat happily together.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/Picture018-1.jpg

Here's Vlad and little Kiska. I took this one this morning before I left for work. I thought it looked so cute.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/Picture026-2.jpg

JanM
February 4th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Love the pix of Vlad and Kiska! They look so intent on something...

Very nice pictures :D

SARAH
February 4th, 2008, 01:34 PM
What's the criss-cross pattern on your window?

Nice pics, I especially like the second one.

14+kitties
February 4th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Very nice pics ancient. They are such cutie pies. :cloud9:

ancientgirl
February 4th, 2008, 02:10 PM
What's the criss-cross pattern on your window?

Nice pics, I especially like the second one.

Ugh, the moron who lived there before me put duct tape on the window during the year we had a few hurricanes. I've been looking for something to melt the stuff off because I've tried scraping with a razor blade, but it's not working.

happycats
February 4th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Ugh, the moron who lived there before me put duct tape on the window during the year we had a few hurricanes. I've been looking for something to melt the stuff off because I've tried scraping with a razor blade, but it's not working.

Sorry :offtopic: but try rubbing alcohol.

As for the pic's they are so nice! And I love the greenery........Boy would I love to garden in Florida.....I could do it ALL year long!!

CearaQC
February 4th, 2008, 02:25 PM

There are several things you can try

Sweet Orange Essential oil - in this form it's pretty potent and should work well in conjunction with a razor blade. Plus it smells good and will make you feel alert.

Rubbing alcohol, WD40, Windex, nail polish remover, vinegar - with razor blade or credit card edge.

A product called Goo Gone sometimes works too.

ancientgirl
February 4th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Sorry :offtopic: but try rubbing alcohol.

As for the pic's they are so nice! And I love the greenery........Boy would I love to garden in Florida.....I could do it ALL year long!!

I have to say the weather has been very nice. But, you don't want to live here with the humidity is in town.

ancientgirl
February 4th, 2008, 02:37 PM
There are several things you can try

Sweet Orange Essential oil - in this form it's pretty potent and should work well in conjunction with a razor blade. Plus it smells good and will make you feel alert.

Rubbing alcohol, WD40, Windex, nail polish remover, vinegar - with razor blade or credit card edge.

A product called Goo Gone sometimes works too.

I'll look for that essential oil and the goo gone. I can probably find the Goo Gone at Home Depot.

hazelrunpack
February 4th, 2008, 05:01 PM
What cute pictures! That one of Vlad and Kiska is a classic! She looks so teeny compared to her big brother! :lovestruck:

Dracko
February 4th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I've used Rubbing Alcohol, Goo Gone, etc. NOTHING beats TKO. It's an orange cleaner. I couldn't live w/o it. When I worked retail we used it all the time to remove the tape from walls, windows.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5360/tkoorangecleanerhx5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I usually buy it in my local health food store but other stores like Canadian Tire and I think Wal-Mart carry it, too.

chico2
February 4th, 2008, 05:21 PM
The pic of Vlad and Kiska is priceless,absolutely adorable:lovestruck:
Why are you worried about Czarina,what's up???
Is she missing??

ancientgirl
February 4th, 2008, 06:35 PM
What cute pictures! That one of Vlad and Kiska is a classic! She looks so teeny compared to her big brother! :lovestruck:

She's such a tiny little thing, and he's such a big boy. LOL, they do get along so well, he's very gentle with her when they play too.

ancientgirl
February 4th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I've used Rubbing Alcohol, Goo Gone, etc. NOTHING beats TKO. It's an orange cleaner. I couldn't live w/o it. When I worked retail we used it all the time to remove the tape from walls, windows.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5360/tkoorangecleanerhx5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I usually buy it in my local health food store but other stores like Canadian Tire and I think Wal-Mart carry it, too.

I'm going to see if they have it at the health food store near where I live. I need to get that gunk off the window. It's obstructing the view.

ancientgirl
February 4th, 2008, 06:38 PM
The pic of Vlad and Kiska is priceless,absolutely adorable:lovestruck:
Why are you worried about Czarina,what's up???
Is she missing??

Chico, yes she's missing. Miguel needed to get something from his car this morning and she bolted out the door. She's been missing all day. I told him to call me tonight after he went out looking for her. I just hope he has some good news when I see him in the morning.

JamesO
February 4th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Hi:

Some time ago I accidentally sprayed deck spray on the glass in my storm window. Nothing I tried would remove it including GooGone. We had purchased a product called "Greased Lightning" from the Family Dollar Store in Maine so I decided to try it because it is a fantastic product. It totally removed the gummy deposit without any effort. I think the bottle cost us about 3.00.

If you can get your hands on this product, you will wonder how you lived without it.

Smiley14
February 4th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Just wanted to say how ADORABLE these pictures are!!!! They are such pretty kitties! :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
February 4th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Hi:

Some time ago I accidentally sprayed deck spray on the glass in my storm window. Nothing I tried would remove it including GooGone. We had purchased a product called "Greased Lightning" from the Family Dollar Store in Maine so I decided to try it because it is a fantastic product. It totally removed the gummy deposit without any effort. I think the bottle cost us about 3.00.

If you can get your hands on this product, you will wonder how you lived without it.

Another thing I'll look for. Thanks for the suggestion. I want to get that stuff off, but I don't want my arm to fall off in the process!

ancientgirl
February 4th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Just wanted to say how ADORABLE these pictures are!!!! They are such pretty kitties! :lovestruck:

Thank you! :D

clm
February 4th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Wonderful pics. You can really see the size difference between them in the second one. I can't get mine to stay beside each other long enough to get a shot like that. :frustrated:

Cindy

growler~GateKeeper
February 4th, 2008, 11:42 PM
So cute how they're in opposite pairs from when you got them :laughing:

Love how Kiska & Vlad both have their tails hanging off the edge kinda like opposing mirror images

great pics :thumbs up

ancientgirl
February 5th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Clm, the size difference between Vlad and Kiska is the most visible. Oksana and Maks are pretty equal in height, but Kiska is proving, so far, to be the smallest of the bunch.

What I really need now is to get a picture of Vlad and Oksana together. I want to make up some cards for them for their upcoming birthdays and I'd love to get a picture of them side by side. But THAT might not be as easy as it sounds.

Growler, Kiska loves hanging out with everybody. She'd really quite a social little girl. But she especially likes to hang with Vlad, and unfortunately, he's teaching her some of his bad habits:frustrated:

growler~GateKeeper
February 6th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Growler, Kiska loves hanging out with everybody. She'd really quite a social little girl. But she especially likes to hang with Vlad, and unfortunately, he's teaching her some of his bad habits:frustrated:

But that's what big brothers are for :shrug: :laughing: :rolleyes: :D

chico2
February 6th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Ancient,I am sorry Czarina is missing,hopefully she'll come back:pray:
I just cannot get that pretty little girl out of my head:sad:
Hopefully she is still getting fed by someone,wherever she is..

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I wanted to post these this morning, but I've been too worried about Czarina. But they were so cute and I wanted to let you all see them.

I couldn't believe this one. Maks is always trying to be bossy with Oksana. Last night he was being a real pain, LOL, but after she hissed at him he froze and ran the other way. But later on, I got this picture. At first I thought "Uh oh!" But no, they sat happily together.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/Picture018-1.jpg

Here's Vlad and little Kiska. I took this one this morning before I left for work. I thought it looked so cute.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/Picture026-2.jpg

These are very cute pictures. I can see them on the front of "Friends" Hallmark cards! :grouphug:

ancientgirl
February 9th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks! I thought the same thing. They should make kitty cards.

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks! I thought the same thing. They should make kitty cards.

Seriously, why don't you send a copy to Hallmark and see what happens?

ancientgirl
February 9th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Seriously, why don't you send a copy to Hallmark and see what happens?

You think? I should look on their site. I mean, the worst they can say is they don't accept pictures.

Hey, thanks! I think I'm going to do that!

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 09:10 PM
You think? I should look on their site. I mean, the worst they can say is they don't accept pictures.

Hey, thanks! I think I'm going to do that!

I think you should definitely do that. Why don't you send them to Carlton Cards, American Greeting Cards and others as well. The worst they can say is "no thanks" or "we don't accept private photos". No harm in trying. Who knows, maybe they'll be the next Garfield's!! :D

You could also send them to: The Postcard Factory which is located in Markham, Ontario. I know they have a website as well. And, also to Travelpic Publications which are located at 30 Paisley Street, London, Ontario. Lots of people love and ASK FOR pet photos on their postcards. I know this for a fact because I'm a postcard collector and have over 1,000 postcards. I also belong to a postcard trading website!

Just giving you some ideas!

Please be sure to let me know, okay?

Cheers :crazy:

ancientgirl
February 9th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Wow, thanks! I'm going to give all of those a try. You never know!

LOL, I only wish that stupid duct tape residue wasn't on my window!

pbpatti
February 9th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I would definately go to Carlton, they make the best puppy/kitten/cat/dog cards, for birthdays, aniversarys, sympathy etc. I bet they would love it. pbp

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Wow, thanks! I'm going to give all of those a try. You never know!

LOL, I only wish that stupid duct tape residue wasn't on my window!

Wish I could help with the residue, but I have no other ideas to give you. :sorry:

For sure let me know what happens with the photos. GOOD LUCK!!:thumbs up:thumbs up

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I would definately go to Carlton, they make the best puppy/kitten/cat/dog cards, for birthdays, aniversarys, sympathy etc. I bet they would love it. pbp

Yep, you're right. I have alot of Carlton cards here at home. I always have tons on hand to send when I need them. Carlton does make the BEST animal cards for sure.

ancientgirl
February 10th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I sent an email to them last night. We'll see if they contact me. I'll certainly let you guys know.:D

Shabby
February 10th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I sent an email to them last night. We'll see if they contact me. I'll certainly let you guys know.:D

Hope you attached a couple of photos as examples? Be sure, for sure, to let us know. Hmmm....did that make sense! lol

ancientgirl
February 10th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Yes, I was able to attach some pictures. Hopefully I'll hear something this week. I figured, it's the weekend so nobody will get my email until next week. I'll let you all now though what they send me.

Shabby
February 10th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Yes, I was able to attach some pictures. Hopefully I'll hear something this week. I figured, it's the weekend so nobody will get my email until next week. I'll let you all now though what they send me.

I so hope they say YES!!!

ancientgirl
February 10th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I do too! :D

rainbow
February 11th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Doesn't Purina also have one of those 365 day pet calendars they're always looking for photos for?

I love the one of Vlad and Kiska too. :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
February 11th, 2008, 08:57 AM
I didn't know they had that. I'm going to stroll over there too.

Shabby
February 11th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Doesn't Purina also have one of those 365 day pet calendars they're always looking for photos for?

I love the one of Vlad and Kiska too. :lovestruck:

Good suggestion Rainbow!!! I never even thought to suggest those. Also, what the folks who make JUST Pet Calendars. Every year I get a 'German Shepherd' one. They have them for every breed of dog and CATS!

ancientgirl
February 11th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I'd sent an email to Carlton Cards, and boy were they rude!

But the Hallmark people were pretty nice and gave me a few suggestions.

Maybe we should all get together and make a Pets.ca calendar!

Shabby
February 11th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I'd sent an email to Carlton Cards, and boy were they rude!

But the Hallmark people were pretty nice and gave me a few suggestions.

Maybe we should all get together and make a Pets.ca calendar!

:sorry: that Carlton Cards was so rude to you! What did they say, or should I ask? They don't deserve a photo of your beauties!!

Is Hallmark interested at all?

Your idea of making our own pet calendar is fantastic!! I'll help, for sure if you want to do it. :D

rainbow
February 11th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Boo Hallmark. :sad:

This place publishes pet calendars and has contests...

http://www.workman.com/etcetera/contests-giveaways/

Couldn't find the one for Purina but they let you make your own...

http://www.purinaone.com.au/FunTakeAway/makecalendar.aspx

rainbow
February 11th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Here's a contest but you don't have much time....

http://www.petsource.org/Contest.aspx?contest_id={BFACEDE8-68F9-44A4-A92A-61875C0132A8}

ancientgirl
February 12th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks! I entered Vlad and Kiska's and the one of Oksana and Maks. :fingerscr

Shabby
February 12th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks! I entered Vlad and Kiska's and the one of Oksana and Maks. :fingerscr

Oh, great! Good luck and let us know!:thumbs up

rainbow
February 12th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I just voted for "friends don't let friends cuddle alone". :D

ancientgirl
February 12th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks!

There doesn't seem to be much voting there though. LOL.

rainbow
February 12th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks!

There doesn't seem to be much voting there though. LOL.

Yeh, I noticed that. :shrug: Too bad we didn't know about it sooner. :sad:

:lightbulb: ....unless we can get everyone here to start voting now. :goodvibes:

rainbow
February 12th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Here's a contest but you don't have much time....

http://www.petsource.org/Contest.aspx?contest_id={BFACEDE8-68F9-44A4-A92A-61875C0132A8}

I just noticed the link didn't post properly. If you go to www.petsource.org and click on "Contest" you'll find the pics but you have to register to vote.

loopoo
February 12th, 2008, 08:23 PM
i voted :)

if you really want to just spread the joy of your beautiful pets around... just set up a profile on myspace... and dedicate it, the pictures, any comments all to them.. best of luck:D

ancientgirl
February 12th, 2008, 09:28 PM
I've actually got them on most of MySpace page already. LOL, I've got more stuff up there about them than myself.

I also have profiles for all of them on Catster.com, which is a fun way of having them meet other kitties. Kiska and Maks already have their Valentines! LOL.