Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

More pictures

JamesO
February 4th, 2008, 09:23 AM
We get a few Ruby-Throated hummers in the summer but they don't get along well.

The squirrel make a habit of terrorizing our birds and generally makes a mess of things. The only thing he has going for himself is that he's cute.

hazelrunpack
February 4th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Aw, c'mon....admit it....how could you hate that furry little face? Such an innocent look! ("Who?! ME?!? Nah...it was that little red blighter over there!" :laughing:)

We get lots of hummers--especially during the migration. I just love hummingbirds. The sound effects are amazing!

Nice pics, James!

14+kitties
February 4th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Beautiful!!! :cloud9:
My ex hubby picked up a baby squirrel when he was a kid (a million years ago) and found out why you don't! He still has a deformed fingernail where the little bugger bit right through his finger. They are cute to look at though.

happycats
February 4th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Those are beautiful pics JamesO :) I just love the little red squirrel:lovestruck:

JanM
February 4th, 2008, 10:14 AM
You're right - the little red guy is cute - but isn't it amazing the antics they get up to? We seem to have only the big grays our here - except most of them are black :D

Speaking of hummers - ours will be back in about 4 or 5 weeks - yahoooo...

hazelrunpack
February 4th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Speaking of hummers - ours will be back in about 4 or 5 weeks - yahoooo...

It's that great maritime climate of yours! Our hummers won't be back till early May... :sad:

SARAH
February 4th, 2008, 12:39 PM
I hope I even see hummers this year! No luck last year, in the city (well, we're outside and have quite a few bird breeds around) nor the country (St Donat).

Squirrels ... we have mostly the grey, and a few black. Last year I saw a pale tan one as well (is he still around, Bree? and the one without a tail, he was so cute!) but not out here. They're obviously being fed at almost every house, because they are so nice and plump-looking (not like the ones last winter where we were renting, they were so skinny poor things). I see them regularly on my railings, running with peanuts in their mouths, so they get fed!

Cute little rascals. But one Spoutnik is enough!