Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bird Pictures

JamesO
February 4th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Here are some bird pictures I took in my back yard. They include 2 different Pine Siskins and a Boreal Chickadee.

For information all were shot using a 200mm lens and a fill flash.

Lukka'sma
February 4th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Very nice, we love bird photo's.

hazelrunpack
February 4th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Nice shots, James! I never knew boreal chickadees had such short beaks! Is it just the angle, or are they shorter than the black-capped's beak?

14+kitties
February 4th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Nice shots! Wish I could take shots like that. :sad:
Keep them coming!!

happycats
February 4th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Very nice pics:thumbs up

JanM
February 4th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Great pictures!

JamesO
February 4th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Nice shots, James! I never knew boreal chickadees had such short beaks! Is it just the angle, or are they shorter than the black-capped's beak?

Hi Hazel:

Good point about the Boreal as it might be the angle. Have a look at this Black-Capped for comparison.

JamesO
February 4th, 2008, 10:20 AM

Hi again Hazel:

I checked my bird book and it does appear that the Boreal has a somewhat shorter and narrower beak than the Black-Capped. I never knew this before.

We have not seen a Boreal this year, but in past years they would only appear when we crumbled up plain donuts on the ground. They don't appear to touch sunflower seeds as do the Black-Capped.

hazelrunpack
February 4th, 2008, 10:59 AM
It might be accentuated in that shot of the boreal because it appears to be slightly fluffed, too.

They're into the junk food, eh? :D