Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Snowbears from this morning

clm
February 3rd, 2008, 11:29 PM
A little dark out when I took these this morning, but they were having fun.
One day I might even be able to get them to pose together. For now, Baxter first, then Bentley, then the 2 together.

Cindy

growler~GateKeeper
February 3rd, 2008, 11:38 PM
Baxter looks fluffier in the legs than Bentley, is their coat volume about the same or not yet?
Bentley looks like he's got his full mane in now :cloud9:
Adorable as always :lovestruck:
But they are posing together - in the last one, showing off their fluffy tails :laughing:

clm
February 3rd, 2008, 11:42 PM
I can get lots of the two of them together if all I want to see is their behinds. :laughing: They were busy looking for squirrels in that shot.
Baxter has most of his adult coat now, Bentley still has a lot more to come in.

Cindy

hazelrunpack
February 3rd, 2008, 11:45 PM
Baxter is smiling so nicely in that first shot! :lovestruck: They look very handsome working as a team like that. I'll bet all the squirrels in the neighborhood run in terror when the Dynamic Duo are out! :dog: :dog: (we need a squirrel icon! :D)

growler~GateKeeper
February 3rd, 2008, 11:47 PM
Baxter has most of his adult coat now, Bentley still has a lot more to come in.

:eek: it looks like Bentley has way more coat already than Baxter, he might just surpass Baxter in fluffiness :cloud9:

clm
February 4th, 2008, 12:04 AM
The squirrels take off as soon as they hear the back door open. :laughing: It's Bentley more than Baxter that chases them. Bentley really goes nuts when it comes to squirrels.
Bentley is going to surpass Baxter in coat. He is going to have a longer coat and a lot more of it I think. His coat is softer too, not the true harsh kees coat, so he's going to be a lot more of a problem when it comes to matting as well. Of course, he's the one that doesn't like to be brushed as much. :laughing:

Cindy

TeriM
February 4th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Your dogs are so stunning and I just want to cuddle them when I see them but ....... everytime I look at all that coat I cringe thinking of them covered in mud :laughing:.

SARAH
February 4th, 2008, 06:07 AM
They are beautiful, both of them. I guess the best thing to do with mud is to let it dry before attempting to brush it out :D my husky was even self-cleaning in that respect - as soon as the mud dried, it just fell off! Yayy huskies! If only they wouldn't run away exploring (and getting into trouble) they'd be perfect!

allymack
February 4th, 2008, 06:44 AM
they look so cuddly! they look like mini lion, just a different color, and a whole lot nicer:D

cutee!:cloud9::lovestruck:

CearaQC
February 4th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Those are super cute doggies!

Do they eat your shrubs? I ask because Sheeba thinks Lilac shrub shoots are the best snack and as a result a more expensive colored Lilac (bluish-gray) no longer has any buds to make leaves this spring. :mad:

I hope it survives the puppy for I know winter won't kill it. :laughing:

14+kitties
February 4th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Nice pics of 2 very handsome boys!!! :cloud9:
The brushing is what would get to me I think. But they are striking looking for sure.

happycats
February 4th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Awwwww such cute fluffy winter pups!!:cloud9:

clm
February 4th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Those are super cute doggies!

Do they eat your shrubs? I ask because Sheeba thinks Lilac shrub shoots are the best snack and as a result a more expensive colored Lilac (bluish-gray) no longer has any buds to make leaves this spring. :mad:

I hope it survives the puppy for I know winter won't kill it. :laughing:

They have been very hard on the garden plants. The boxwoods have been destroyed, they gnaw on the rose canes and my tri-coloured willows are nubs sticking out of the ground. 2 clematis vines have also been gnawed down to the ground. :laughing:

Typical puppy stuff, they'll grow out of it. I'm not replacing anything this spring. I'll wait one more year.

Cindy

ancientgirl
February 4th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I love your boys. They are so beautiful and fluffy. But I don't envy you having to brush those coats.:D

dmc123
February 4th, 2008, 12:01 PM
They are such beautiful - er handsome dogs!

Diane

Ford Girl
February 4th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Your dogs are so stunning and I just want to cuddle them when I see them but ....... everytime I look at all that coat I cringe thinking of them covered in mud :laughing:.

Mud - if left alone will dry up and dust off easier then giving a bath! Don't fear mud...thisles and burrs would be worse! :laughing:

I have such a hard time telling these two guys apart, so cute tho!!! :cloud9:

Smiley14
February 4th, 2008, 07:18 PM
OH, they are GORGEOUS! I have trouble telling them apart now too. :o LOL about the squirrels! :laughing:

Frenchy
February 4th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Baxter is smiling so nicely in that first shot! :lovestruck:

Yes he is ! They are both stunning (omg the grooming :eek: ) :cloud9:

clm
February 4th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Baxter always smiles for pictures. Bentley gets all serious, yet he's the clown of the 2. :rolleyes:
Hubby is giving them their before bed cheese treat right now, sounds like I have seals in the kitchen. :laughing:

Cindy

SnowDancer
February 5th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Adorable pups - and yes, the Spitz do love to have pictures taken of their sexy butts. My Eskimo always has his butt in the air, but if you try to take a picture of his face he flattens his fur and his features so that he no longer looks like a pretty "girl". Ford Girl is so right about the burrs - I have told my husband a million times NOT to wet Eskie before trying to remove them - but does his listen - NO. I usually put him on a sheets and then start to work rubbing them dry, usually resulting in me ending up with burr slivers. How I envy the Keeshond colouring - although I have been told that grooming is much harder than with the Eskie since the Eskie fur is sort of like Persian cat hair. But being white is a pain. But Eskies and Keeshonds sure think alike based on the one my guy has met at his weekly socialization.

clm
February 5th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Burrs are baaaaad news. :laughing: Wetting the fur before trying to remove. :eek:
If there's a burr in my yard, my guys will find it every time. Sometimes they run through the junipers, then they get those nasty prickly juniper leaves stuck all over them.
Then there's the times they go into the rose beds and get hung up on the rose bushes. You try pulling a rose cane or 10 off of one of these guys. :laughing: I gotta get a pic of one of them when they go in and can't get back out, it looks like the rose bushes have wrapped their arms around them and won't let them go. The dogs just stay still and wait to be rescued. I get torn to shreds by all the thorns trying to get them out of there.

They're supposed to have a soft dense undercoat with a coarse feeling top coat. Baxter has the perfect kees coat. Bentley's top coat is softer and silkier than it should be.

Cindy