Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Good Vibes Needed for Misty

Shaykeija
February 3rd, 2008, 09:56 PM
I could not get her picture to post but you can see her here.

http://www.furbabyrescue.com/3-1.html

"Hi, my name is Misty. I do not usually look this sad. I am a happy girl who loves everyone and dances when I see my friends. I love to play with my doggie friends and even with my cat friend. I am an avid walker and stop to greet everyone I meet on the street. If you stop long enough to pet me I love to roll over for belly rubs. I am just a little confused right now about all the changes that have been going on.

Misty came into our rescue a couple of months ago, she had a huge tumor growing in front part of her lower right jaw. Our vet removed the tumor and biopsied it. The good news was that it was a benign tumor and chances were good that it would not grow back.

Misty went to a new home but after Christmas some of her teeth seemed loose and her new Mom took her to the vet. The tumor was not only back but it had grown and spread through the bone and erupted by both of her lower canine teeth. Her Mom was not able to afford the cost of the surgery the vet told her Misty needed and sadly her she returned Misty to Furbaby.

Misty has a nasty epulis tumor, which is benign. These tumors if caught early can be removed and there is success. In Misty's case, when we got her, we were not fortunate. Our vet has looked at the new x-rays, and there is a significant change. He is planning to do the surgery on Misty and she will lose much of her lower jaw. Hopefully after her recovery she can find a home with a family who can not only help this loving brave little girl live a normal life but can afford any other vet care that she may need.

Misty had her surgury on Feb 1st. :pray: For this poor baby.....I will keep you updated..

growler~GateKeeper
February 3rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
awww poor thing :sad:

:goodvibes::fingerscr:pray: Misty :goodvibes::goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
February 3rd, 2008, 11:03 PM
:fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes: for Misty! Poor little thing! I hope she finds an :angel: to give her a forever home soon!

Shaykeija
February 3rd, 2008, 11:16 PM
Just received an update.... Copy from a email I just got...

I talked to my vet tonight, he is so great, he will talk to me at any time day or night, if I need him. He said Misty is a trouper, she ate almost right away, she has more swelling today, but again he is not worried, as it is to be expected. She has a pain patch on, and it will be good till Tuesday, and start her on metacam. He will want to reevaluate how things go, and radiation is a consideration at this time...we are hoping not, but see if anything tries to come back...even though this is not cancer, it acts and spreads like it
He said except for the fact her tongue hangs out a bit, with her shape of her face, you cannot tell...he kind of laughed saying, that almost 90% of ST he sees, have a bad bite, teeth never straight etc. and Misty had one of the most perfect bites he has ever seen, and now he had to go a mess that up...
The only time anyone heard Misty whine or cry, was when she decided she needed company, and wanted attention...just a dollbaby.
v

hazelrunpack
February 3rd, 2008, 11:44 PM
She's doing well, then. :thumbs up That poor dear!

And I love your vet!

Shaykeija
February 4th, 2008, 01:02 AM
LOL I wish I had Eleni's vet That was just a copy of the email she sent me tonight. I will pass on the vibes though...

Love4himies
February 4th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Aww poor Misty, sending some :goodvibes: that she will recover and be tumor free. Hopefully she will find her forever home soon.

Shaykeija
February 4th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Well Misty is home. I called Furbaby in Washington to see how she is. Still pretty swollen but glad to be home. As for the hubby's Valentine gift... LOL I donated $100 in his name for Misty. Men are so easy to shop for....

loopoo
February 4th, 2008, 11:06 PM
what a sweetie hope she recovers and those growths slow down.. and stop all together and hope she finds a loving home..

Shaykeija
February 6th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Furbaby just did an update for Misty on their web site. You should check her out after the surgery. She doesn't look too bad still cute as a bug..

hazelrunpack
February 6th, 2008, 06:58 AM
I'm so glad it's going well for Misty. :fingerscr and :pray:s that the tumor doesn't return. :goodvibes:

chico2
February 6th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Aww.little Misty is a trooper for sure,such a brave little girl:pray:for no more tumors and a new wonderful home:goodvibes::goodvibes:

Frenchy
February 6th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Hoping she recovers 100% and will never have any problems with this. It's so nice of your ... hubby ....:p for the donation ! :thumbs up

chrystal
February 6th, 2008, 01:39 PM
:goodvibes: and :pray:ers for little Misty, she is a trooper! Here's hoping she finds a wonderful home soon along with a speedy recovery!