Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Stick a fork in my, I'm done

ancientgirl
February 3rd, 2008, 03:41 PM
Today I completed the two weekend insurance course I had started last week. I'm so tired and my brain has ceased to function properly.

I think I passed the final exam, since it seemed easier than it did when I took the exam for the online course. All I need is 70% to pass the class and I'm hoping to god I got at least that, because I think if I have to do this again I'll kill myself.

I came home, changed the litter because I just haven't had time to change it and it was starting to smell REALLY bad. So the litter is all nice and new. I then gave everybody their monthly bath. I'm incredibly proud of all of my babies. Maks and Kiska are the ones who have the least experience with baths and they were very good. Vlad who fussed last time was incredibly patient and seemed to almost enjoy it. Oksana fussed a bit but she also was very patient and managed to get through it. I'm also extremely happy to report no major damage to myself LOL. And that's always good.

I'm now washing my sheets and their towels. Everybody is sitting in front of the window enjoying the swaying palm leaves directly outside my window and enjoying a bit of bird watching.

Me, I'm tired. I'll make them a special treat for dinner, some chicken and eggs, and spend some time with them. That's the one thing I really hated about taking this class. I've not been able to spend much time with my babies for two weekends.

Did I tell you I'm tired?

hazelrunpack
February 3rd, 2008, 04:17 PM
Tired, yes, but now you're finished! :highfive: So is this for your job, or is this a new line of work you're exploring?

Enjoy the kitty-cuddling! :cloud9:

ancientgirl
February 3rd, 2008, 04:36 PM
Tired, yes, but now you're finished! :highfive: So is this for your job, or is this a new line of work you're exploring?

Enjoy the kitty-cuddling! :cloud9:

It's for my work. In Florida you can no longer work in an insurance office and actually talk to the clients for any kind of servicing unless you are licensed as an agent. If the Department of insurance finds out the office can be fined and they can suspend all of your commissions with the carriers you are licensed to sell with. I mean, you can be a receptionist and not have a license, but I do everything, proposals, servicing, talking to clients about their insurance benefits, so I really need to have it.

Before it wasn't an issue, but apparently some wonky stuff has been going on with some agents so now it's mandatory. Once I have a certificate that I passed the class, I can then take the state exam and the will issue me a license and I can stop worrying about this.

One kitty on my lap already.:cloud9:

hazelrunpack
February 3rd, 2008, 05:23 PM
Before it wasn't an issue, but apparently some wonky stuff has been going on with some agents so now it's mandatory. Once I have a certificate that I passed the class, I can then take the state exam and the will issue me a license and I can stop worrying about this.

Sigh...so you still need another exam? When can you get that scheduled? And is it just on the same stuff? Trust government to require duplicate and sometimes triplicate testing...:rolleyes:

The kitties make up for it, though, don't they? :cloud9: :D

ancientgirl
February 3rd, 2008, 06:40 PM
OMG yes! See, you can't sit in on the state exam until you've sat in on a 40 hour course! So you have to take a 40 hour course, pass that with at least 70%, THEN fill out an application online, get yourself finger printed, have them investigate you (all of which costs you money), and once all that is done, you schedule yourself for the exam. I have two years to take it in which I can take it, but I'm going to take it as soon as possible so that it's all fresh in my head. Because my boss only deals with health insurance, I only really need to worry about passing that on the state exam.

It's dumb. I mean, I thought when I started all of this that once I took the 40 hour course, that was it, I'd fill out the application online and I'd be done. But NOOOOOO

Let me tell you, I'm going to stay up for another hour or so, then I'm looking forward to going upstairs and getting into bed with my babies. I'm especially looking forward to next weekend, when I can spend more time with all of them.

hazelrunpack
February 3rd, 2008, 07:33 PM
Ooooooo! You wild and crazy partyin' girl, ancientgirl! :laughing: You go to bed as early as we old fogies do! :o

ancientgirl
February 3rd, 2008, 07:36 PM
:laughing:what can I say, I'd rather sleep than party.

I did my partying a long time ago. I find a good night sleep is so much more fulfilling, especially when surrounded by furry little pillows.:cat::cat::cat::cat:

hazelrunpack
February 3rd, 2008, 07:52 PM
I have to agree with you there! :thumbs up Except hazel's furry pillows are little bit bigger. :D

krdahmer
February 3rd, 2008, 11:13 PM
:highfive: way to go! Finito! I bet the kitties will be happy to have you back... despite the baths! ;)

Hey did Miguel manage to take Czarina home Friday? or do you have to wait for the Monday mornin update?

And I cannot believe you are able to bathe all of them... Windy didn't mind it when she was a kitten, but now anything involving water turns any of mine into little kung fu masters!:rolleyes::laughing:

ancientgirl
February 4th, 2008, 05:20 AM
I have to agree with you there! :thumbs up Except hazel's furry pillows are little bit bigger. :D

I just hope you have a bigger bed!:laughing:

ancientgirl
February 4th, 2008, 05:23 AM
:highfive: way to go! Finito! I bet the kitties will be happy to have you back... despite the baths! ;)

Hey did Miguel manage to take Czarina home Friday? or do you have to wait for the Monday mornin update?

And I cannot believe you are able to bathe all of them... Windy didn't mind it when she was a kitten, but now anything involving water turns any of mine into little kung fu masters!:rolleyes::laughing:

They are all somewhat interested in water anyway. They often come into the bathroom while I'm taking a shower and then jump in the tub when I'm done. So maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway, I'm not complaining. The monthly baths help keep their dander down and as long as they sit still for a couple of minutes it's okay.

I didn't see Czarina all weekend, so I'm guessing he was able to managed to grab her before he left and take her home. I'll have to get a report from him today.

Love4himies
February 4th, 2008, 08:14 AM
All that and rescuing too?? Wow that would take up all your waking time.:eek:

ancientgirl
February 7th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I got my certificate at lunch time. I passed the final exam with an 86%, which is a lot better than how I did the first time I took it, which was 50%.

At least that's one less thing I have to worry about. Now I can just concentrate on the state exam. But at least I won't have to take any more classes on my weekend time.

krdahmer
February 7th, 2008, 02:58 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/4.gifhttp://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0098.gif (http://www.squidoo.com/wymondham-college)

hazelrunpack
February 7th, 2008, 03:26 PM
WoooHooooo! :highfive: Wow! 86%! Good job, ancientgirl!

ancientgirl
February 8th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Thanks guys. I'd just failed so miserably the first time I was nervous.

Jim Hall
February 8th, 2008, 08:05 AM
congrats on to the states !!!

ancientgirl
February 8th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Thanks! That will be another worry, but at least I can take my time studying.