Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dropping kibble in the drinking water?

Stacer
February 3rd, 2008, 09:37 AM
On many occasions I've noticed kibble in Angus and Finn's drinking water, I always just figured they got in there by accident. This morning as I was making my tea, Angus was at his dish eating and then he picked up several kibbles and dropped them in the water. He watched the kibbles for a while then he started to pick them out and eat them one by one.

I'm now wondering if the kibbles are too hard for him and he's softening them up, or is he just playing with his food. It's not like kibbles in the drinking water are a daily occurence, maybe once or twice I week fish a few out of their water.

In any case I thought it was funny, I hope he was doing it for his own amusement.

krdahmer
February 3rd, 2008, 11:24 AM
I often find the kibble in the water, but I think it's cause mine are messpots because it is all over the floor for me to step on as well...:rolleyes::laughing:

SARAH
February 3rd, 2008, 01:10 PM
I've started to pour a little water on the kibble actually. If it happens to be water in which I've cooked some human food, it's even better :D

jiorji
February 3rd, 2008, 01:11 PM
it means they're too dry and he'd like something wetter to eat

SARAH
February 3rd, 2008, 01:14 PM
it means they're too dry and he'd like something wetter to eat

You're so smart jiorji, lol :D (no offense!! )

Stacer
February 3rd, 2008, 01:16 PM
They do get wet food as well. The kibble is out just to supplement their wet food, something for them to nibble on throughout the day. Maybe he prefers soggy kibble once in a while, or he likes to go fishing.

jiorji
February 3rd, 2008, 01:17 PM
You're so smart jiorji, lol :D (no offense!! )

sometimes pointing out the obvious is neccessary :laughing:

jiorji
February 3rd, 2008, 01:18 PM
They do get wet food as well. The kibble is out just to supplement their wet food, something for them to nibble on throughout the day. Maybe he prefers soggy kibble once in a while, or he likes to go fishing.

well in that case...i don't know what he wants. wouldn't it be so much easier if they could talk??:yell:

SARAH
February 3rd, 2008, 01:20 PM
"Calling Dr. Dolittle to the Pets.ca, Dr. Dolittle STAT" :D

rainbow
February 3rd, 2008, 02:01 PM
I think he's just trying to amuse himself. :shrug:

You could put some moistened kibble in one bowl and some dry in another and see what one he prefers though. :D

want4rain
February 3rd, 2008, 02:18 PM
thanks.

thanks a whole bunch for making this post. you suck.

if i see the time correctly, Frances my foster kitty, must have been surfing the web when you posted this cause honest to dog, within moments of you posting this she decided to take her mice for a dunk... which turned into a bath.... which turned into an over turned water bowl.

i was going to post about it when i saw the title to your thread but never even for a chance to look at it until now. i WAS going to tell you that you SHOULD be thankful its food and not toys but instead im just going to scowl at you.

so thanks. tell your dogs thanks. Frances appreciates the idea. she is *sigh* at the moment, dunking her beloved panda into her bowl. she isnt even the least bit offended she is getting her paws wet.

-ash

jiorji
February 3rd, 2008, 02:24 PM
so thanks. tell your dogs thanks. Frances appreciates the idea. she is *sigh* at the moment, dunking her beloved panda into her bowl. she isnt even the least bit offended she is getting her paws wet.

-ash

HAHAHAHAH such bitterness!!:laughing:
maybe the panda was thirsty?:shrug:

why don't MY cats do silly cute things like that??:yell: i'm jealous:sad:

Stacer has kitties though :D cat telepathy maybe??:o

want4rain
February 3rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
telepathy for sure!! we had to take the bowl up. ill put it back out later lol!! until then... its the TOILET FOR WATER!!

-ash

jiorji
February 3rd, 2008, 05:31 PM
telepathy for sure!! we had to take the bowl up. ill put it back out later lol!! until then... its the TOILET FOR WATER!!

-ash

oh Ash,..you're so innocent:laughing: They're going to dunk the poor panda in the toilet now :yell: :laughing::laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
February 3rd, 2008, 06:12 PM
I've started to pour a little water on the kibble actually. If it happens to be water in which I've cooked some human food, it's even better :D

just as long as the water wet krunchies are all eaten that day & not left out for the next day, and the day after. Krunchies & Kibble that are watered down are a breeding ground for mold - & it doesn't take very long for the mold to appear (especially with the chemical preservatives in dry food:yuck:)

clm
February 3rd, 2008, 09:34 PM
All of my cats and both dogs have dropped kibble in water. More often when they were young puppies and kittens than now. Liked to play with the kibble in the water. One of my cats, Gabby, still likes to do it once in a while. Not with the cat food though, she likes to play with the dog kibble in their water dish. :laughing:

Cindy

rainbow
February 3rd, 2008, 09:49 PM
just as long as the water wet krunchies are all eaten that day & not left out for the next day, and the day after. Krunchies & Kibble that are watered down are a breeding ground for mold - & it doesn't take very long for the mold to appear (especially with the chemical preservatives in dry food:yuck:)

Good point :thumbs up ....I agree. :)

Stacer
February 3rd, 2008, 09:52 PM
Sorry W4R, the power of suggestion is powerful, even over the internet, lol.

There's always the possiblity that the cats and dogs like flavoured water, so they drop a few choice kibbles in to make the water more palatable.

jiorji
February 3rd, 2008, 09:59 PM
Srry W4R, the power of suggestion is powerful, even over the internet, lol.

There's always the possiblity that the cats and dogs like flavoured water, so they drop a few choice kibbles in to make the water more palatable.

that's a good point actually:thumbs up