Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Green Tripe info thread

Myka
February 2nd, 2008, 01:26 PM
Well, it has taken a whole lot of searching on this forum to find minimal information on green tripe, so I want to make this thread the "go to" place for green tripe information, so it's easier to find, and all the information is in one place! :D

Please help by answering these REVISED questions:

1. Do you feed canned, fresh, or frozen?

2. What do pay per can? What do you pay per lb for fresh? What brand do you feed?

3. Why do you feed it? What do you think the nutritional value of green tripe is? What do you think the physical benefits are (visible or not)?

4. How much green tripe do you feed your dog per meal? How often do you feed it? What size is dog?

5. Do you feed store-prepared raw, home-prepared raw, or kibble (name the brand(s)?

Cheers! :)

These were the original questions - (kept in by admin since many people provided answers already)

2. What brand do you feed (of canned)?
3. What do pay per can (what size of can)?
4. What do you pay per lb for fresh?
5. Why do you feed it?
6. What is the nutritional value of green tripe?
7. How much green tripe do you feed your dog? What size is dog...
8. How often do you feed green tripe?

Ripsnorter
February 2nd, 2008, 04:21 PM
Frozen
N/A
N/A
About 40p per lb [Cdn$ 0.80]. Although bare in mind mine is frozen on delivery.
5. Why do you feed it?
Because I've heard it's very nutritious and many people I know have sung it's praises.
No idea really, just a cows stomach with it's digested contents. Usually means you can feed raw without feeding veggies as the green part is techincally vege matter.
Isla weighs approx 40lbs, she gets approx 10lbs per week of tripe.
Usually twice a week, sometimes more.

Myka
February 2nd, 2008, 06:39 PM
Thanks for your contribution Ripsnorter! Just to double check, your dog gets 10lb of tripe in 2 feedings a week, so she's getting 5 lbs per feeding?

I just went shopping and had little success finding raw meats for my dog, but I did find canned green tripe (I couldn't find fresh/frozen). I bought just one can of Tripett (www.tripett.com) Green Beef Tripe to try it out. It was $1.89 and they carry the complete line of Tripett products. Check out the website. Anyone else use this brand? Did I pay a reasonable price?

Purpledomino
February 2nd, 2008, 07:54 PM
I feed the Tripett brand canned green tripe and pay $1.89 a can as well here in Alberta. I add about a teaspoon to each of my Minpins meals, and the big dogs get approximately a quarter can or sometimes more per meal. Sometimes once a day, sometimes more. I probably go through a can a day most days. I add it to soaked kibble and top dress the Orijen I feed with other fresh foods as well. I believe the tripe aids in digestion and my dogs absolutely love it. :thumbs up

Kinguni
February 2nd, 2008, 07:57 PM
I bought just one can of Tripett (www.tripett.com) Green Beef Tripe to try it out. It was $1.89 and they carry the complete line of Tripett products. Check out the website. Anyone else use this brand? Did I pay a reasonable price?

Sounds about right. We bought a couple of cans for Shabba after reading about Tripett on another forum. There have been a few issues with bad cans last year however (can sprays all over on opening). Most seem just to give a tablespoon with a meal though. She devoured it of course. I think the frozen is probably better.

MerlinsHope
February 4th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Both, all of the above. - depending on availability

Tripette or Solid gold, or frozen from butcher

approximately 50 - 99 cents/ lb

5. Why do you feed it?
to make up for any missing vitamins/nutrients that could be found in vegetable matter.
To help maintain the nice, low pH in the stomach and to help prime healthy flora in the intestines.

Green tripe is the enzyme, pro-biotic of caninehood

Well that depends. What did you dog catch today? If your dog caught a squirrel he would have about half a teaspoon of tripe. If your dog caught a deer, he would have about a cup of green tripe. What did your dog catch today - remember?

About one tablespoon, once a day or every second day.

OxyMK
February 26th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I've never heard of green tripe until I went to this raw forum. Where can I find Green Tripe and is there a better brand that I should look into?

MerlinsHope
February 26th, 2008, 01:05 PM
If you're in farm country you can get it from a local farmer perhaps. They usually consider that waste.

Most upscale pet food stores carry the frozen variety which you have to store in your freezer (it's the best type).

Second best is canned. Solid Gold company or the Tripette company both have canned versions that you can purchase in pet stores.

JulesMichy
February 27th, 2008, 11:04 PM
I've never heard of green tripe until I went to this raw forum. Where can I find Green Tripe and is there a better brand that I should look into?

There are not really brands. Tripe is the abomasum, or 4th stomach of a cow. By the time food reaches the abomasum, it's been completely digested and is ready to move on to the intestines for nutrient absorption. Only ruminants with these specialized stomachs can digest the cellulose found in grasses due to bacterial enzyme activity in their stomachs.

Green tripe still contains the cow's last meal, so it is healthy on two levels: 1. By providing the carnivore with nutrients found in offal (protein, vitamins), and 2.) By allowing the dog to utilize the pre-digested nutrients of the grass.

Myka
February 28th, 2008, 11:10 PM
There are not really brands.

You can get different brands of the canned version. I use Tripett. www.tripett.com

JulesMichy
February 29th, 2008, 07:15 AM
You can get different brands of the canned version. I use Tripett. www.tripett.com

Yes, I know. I actually edited that part out of my comment because I felt it wasn't relevant, due to the fact that the canned versions usually have additives and are not pure tripe. I know Solid Gold's canned tripe has potato in it.

Myka
March 1st, 2008, 11:39 AM
Yes, I know. I actually edited that part out of my comment because I felt it wasn't relevant, due to the fact that the canned versions usually have additives and are not pure tripe. I know Solid Gold's canned tripe has potato in it.

Tripett has four different varieties using different meat animals. Some have additives like glucosamine, garlic, etc. The website shows the ingredients.

tiOurs
March 1st, 2008, 01:37 PM
good lord I just proudly bought and fed my first bit of green tripe. :dog: turns out they've got frozen at our health food pet store.. but I'm pretty sure I paid 8.99/pound for it. You guys are getting it for under a dollar a pound????

Myka
March 1st, 2008, 07:00 PM
good lord I just proudly bought and fed my first bit of green tripe. :dog: turns out they've got frozen at our health food pet store.. but I'm pretty sure I paid 8.99/pound for it. You guys are getting it for under a dollar a pound????

Holy wowzers!!! I haven't found any fresh green tripe. I can only find white tripe (bleached), so I'm not sure about price. If you can't find anything cheaper, try the canned stuff.

tiOurs
March 2nd, 2008, 10:35 PM
I was confused, it wasn't that expensive. It was still more than most of you guys are paying. I found an organic ranch and am hoping to find their butcher and buy the pieces and parts off him. Yesterday I bought a whole frozen beef tongue, liver, tripe and a wee bit for me. That's lacking in bones which I'll remedy tomorrow. My pups are happy.

OxyMK
March 3rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
I guess green tripe isnt that popular here in N. Florida! I've been to 3 pet stores and checked out 3 grocery stores. The pet stores have never heard of canned green tripe (I went to places that sold Solid Gold products) and the grocery stores are all bleached tripe. Someone said the asian stores may help? Any particular type of Asian store? Im Philipino and do not ever recall seeing green tripe at a Philipino store (although, I've never really looked for it either). Suggestions?

Myka
March 3rd, 2008, 11:05 PM
Send an email to www.tripett.com and they'll tell you a local dealer. :)

rainbow
March 3rd, 2008, 11:49 PM
I guess green tripe isnt that popular here in N. Florida! I've been to 3 pet stores and checked out 3 grocery stores. The pet stores have never heard of canned green tripe (I went to places that sold Solid Gold products) and the grocery stores are all bleached tripe. Suggestions?

If the pet stores that you went to carry Solid Gold then they can get you Solid Gold's Green Tripe.

Send an email to www.tripett.com and they'll tell you a local dealer. :)

Here is the store locator for Florida.....

http://www.tripett.com/Locations/Florida.pdf

MerlinsHope
March 4th, 2008, 06:09 AM
I guess green tripe isnt that popular here in N. Florida! I've been to 3 pet stores and checked out 3 grocery stores. The pet stores have never heard of canned green tripe (I went to places that sold Solid Gold products) and the grocery stores are all bleached tripe. Someone said the asian stores may help? Any particular type of Asian store? Im Philipino and do not ever recall seeing green tripe at a Philipino store (although, I've never really looked for it either). Suggestions?

I find it hard to believe you can't find green tripe in Florida. I lived in Wellington several years ago, and even several years ago I was able to find it.

The others are correct. The company can tell you where to order it.
You can also order it online from http://greentripe.com/ it's shipped the same day.

Please don't use white tripe. It is NOT at all the same thing.

Merlin

OxyMK
March 4th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Thanks for that!

Please don't use white tripe. It is NOT at all the same thing.

Don't worry, I definately wont ever use white tripe. Thanks again!

Elizabeth Ann
March 21st, 2008, 12:33 PM
It's a frozen stew
Paws-itivley Raw. A family owned and run company out of St. Catherines Ontario
N/A
5.99 (I think) per 2lb container
5. Why do you feed it?
We feed it once a week. Spoke to my breeder and the owners of the company that makes the food and they said it's like a detox
It's horrible to say but I feed it because I was told to.
Shih Tzu @ 9 lbs gets 1/4 of a lb
Cocker at around 15lbs gets 3/4 of a lb
Cocker at around 18 lbs gets 1 lbs
Once a week (on Sundays)

cassblonde
March 31st, 2008, 08:17 PM
I add it to soaked kibble and top dress the Orijen I feed with other fresh foods as well. I believe the tripe aids in digestion and my dogs absolutely love it. :thumbs up

Hey Purple! We feed the same dog food - I have a 4 month old lab/shep/husky that I am feeding Orijen large puppy. I have only very recently started a RMB in the morning(turkey wing or turkey neck) and will be adding more raw later(I am splitting raw and kibble) are you having any trouble mixing your raw and kibble together like that? I had heard it's a no no so currently feed RMB at 5am and kibble at 1pm.

I have also recently found a local green tripe source :thumbs up so I know where to look once I've added more variety to the raw 1/2 of her diet.

Cass :)

shane 123
March 31st, 2008, 09:07 PM
I have been feeding raw for years but never been able to get tripe anywhere. All I can buy is the white bleached so I haven't been able to feed it. Even the butchers don't seem to have it or maybe they use it for something else.

Pepper's Paws
April 19th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Thanks for your contribution Ripsnorter! Just to double check, your dog gets 10lb of tripe in 2 feedings a week, so she's getting 5 lbs per feeding?

I just went shopping and had little success finding raw meats for my dog, but I did find canned green tripe (I couldn't find fresh/frozen). I bought just one can of Tripett (www.tripett.com) Green Beef Tripe to try it out. It was $1.89 and they carry the complete line of Tripett products. Check out the website. Anyone else use this brand? Did I pay a reasonable price?

My dog practically grew up on green tripe. It stinks to high heaven, but it is a heavenly food to the dogs. It contains lots vitamins and tons of digestive enzymes.:thumbs up I feed canned Tripett to my standard poodle only because it is so difficult to find frozen green tripe. The product is made in B.C. and is of a good quality. The price you've paid is also good.

Pepper's Paws
April 19th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Hey Purple! We feed the same dog food - I have a 4 month old lab/shep/husky that I am feeding Orijen large puppy. I have only very recently started a RMB in the morning(turkey wing or turkey neck) and will be adding more raw later(I am splitting raw and kibble) are you having any trouble mixing your raw and kibble together like that? I had heard it's a no no so currently feed RMB at 5am and kibble at 1pm.

I have also recently found a local green tripe source :thumbs up so I know where to look once I've added more variety to the raw 1/2 of her diet.

I live in British Columbia. If relevant, can you please reveal your source for the green tripe? :pray:
many thanks

cassblonde
April 19th, 2008, 08:02 PM
I actually got my Tripe this time from my local Global Pet Foods - they carry some frozen raw stuff. My other local source is a place called Heronview here is their site (http://www.heronviewrawandnatural.com/).

I don't think Heronveiw will do you any good but you could check your local pet food only stores for canned or frozen green tripe.

Huh, looks like you don't have any Global Pet Foods in BC here (http://www.globalpetfoods.com/home/home.htm) is their main site - there are some in Alberta.

Myka
July 26th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Anyone else care to share? :)

Myka
August 14th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Note that I asked a mod to change the questions so that they will provide clearer and better answers!! :) Hasn't been updated yet, but hopefully they will be changed soon. ;)

I guess now that I've been feeding it for awhile now, I can add my info. :)

Canned.

2. What do pay per can? What do you pay per lb for fresh? What brand do you feed?
$1.89-2.09 depending on which variety. I feed all four of the Tripett varieties, but more of the Beef one because it is the purest.

3. Why do you feed it? What do you think the nutritional value of green tripe is? What do you think the physical benefits are (visible or not)?
For the digestive enzymes, and pro-biotics. I don't see any differences, but I know my dog DEFINATELY doesn't fart as much!!! :D

4. How much green tripe do you feed your dog per meal? How often do you feed it? What size is dog?
Dog is 80-82 lbs. 1/3 of a can replaces half of her normal meal every 2-3 days.

5. Do you feed store-prepared raw, home-prepared raw, or kibble (name the brand(s)?
Kibble. Half Wellness Core Chick&Turk, and half California Naturals L&R.

Elizabeth Ann
August 14th, 2008, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=Myka;640261
I feed all four of the Tripett [/QUOTE]

I just picked up a couple cans of this yesterday, but now I have a quetions - is it OK to feed the canned type when I am feed a raw diet?

Myka
August 14th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I just picked up a couple cans of this yesterday, but now I have a quetions - is it OK to feed the canned type when I am feed a raw diet?

Yes it is. It can be fed alongside the raw, in the same meal. :)

Laylapet
September 20th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Does anyone have an opinion on Tripett vs Before Grain for canned tripe? I'm thinking of starting my puppy on some of this but can't decide which brand to buy. I'm trying to find it fresh locally because shipping costs from most online places are prohibitive, but no luck so far.

RaYne
September 21st, 2008, 08:49 AM
I feed the Before Grain Tripe. My dogs LOVE it but I can only stomach feeding it occasionally. To me it smells like cow manure, but they go gaga over it. LOL

rainbow
September 22nd, 2008, 02:15 AM
Trippett is the only brand we have around here so that's what I've used.

Laylapet
September 22nd, 2008, 10:24 PM
I decided to try the Trippett. I ordered it from National Pet Pharmacy for about $2.20 a can including shipping.

rainbow
September 23rd, 2008, 01:16 AM
I paid $2.29 a can the last time I bought it at the pet store. :)

Laylapet
September 24th, 2008, 10:51 AM
There's a coupon code that you can use right now to get a $5 discount. It's CABIN5.

Myka
March 31st, 2009, 12:45 PM
Bumping up for more input! =]

Stacer
March 31st, 2009, 04:45 PM
We bought our first can of tripe a few weeks ago. We bought the Before Grain tripe. I'm now wondering if it's white tripe. It was pretty much colourless (defintely not green).

Does anyone know for sure if Before Grain's tripe is white or green?

We've been adding about a tablespoon to one of Skylar's meals every few days or so.

Blackdog22
March 31st, 2009, 06:03 PM
This is from the website where we buy our bones and tripe. I haven't really looked into it so you will have to verify through research whether it is valid or not(I'm sure a google search will vield fast results).

"Green" means that the tripe has not been cleaned, bleached nor scalded. The actual color of the tripe can be brown, green or even almost black in color. It should never be white or almost white as the color is where all of the nutrients are.

http://www.k9choicefoods.com/tripe.html

We are very happy with k-9 choice so far. They seem to have good quality foods at more then reasonable prices. You can buy their product at some global pet foods, I do believe.

rainbow
March 31st, 2009, 06:16 PM

I bought it the last time as I went to a new pet store and they didn't have the Tripett brand. It is green tripe but I much prefer the Tripett brand ....it just "looks better" to me. :shrug:

http://www.tripett.com/

pattymac
March 31st, 2009, 08:54 PM
Bayley loves her tripe, raw is hard to get around here so I usually buy Tripett. I remember reading somewhere that when wolves or whatever predator makes a kill of a ruminant (cud chewing) animals that's usually one of the first things they go for.

I prefer the raw though, it's less stinky than the canned...although watch out if you're thawing it in the micro..you don't want it to start cooking!!:yuck:

Chris21711
April 1st, 2009, 10:14 AM
I bought it the last time as I went to a new pet store and they didn't have the Tripett brand. It is green tripe but I much prefer the Tripett brand ....it just "looks better" to me. :shrug:

http://www.tripett.com/

Does it taste better :D

I've yet been able to bring myself to be able to buy any. Just the thought of it :yuck:

rainbow
April 1st, 2009, 02:27 PM
Does it taste better :D

I've yet been able to bring myself to be able to buy any. Just the thought of it :yuck:

LOL ....well I'm actually getting used to the smell but there is no way I could force myself to taste it. :eek:

The first time I opened a can for the dogs hubby was in the living room watching tv and I noticed him get up out of the chair and start looking around under the end tables and behind the loveseat. He was just about to pull the couch away from the wall when I asked him wth he was doing. He replied "it smells like someone took a crap in here". :rolleyes:

Blackdog22
April 1st, 2009, 02:33 PM
That's the beauty of frozen cubes.....absolutely no smell.

SuperWanda
April 1st, 2009, 02:38 PM
I have always given the canned green Tripett brand ($2.25 per can) but lately my dogs seem to be getting diarrhea from it. When I stop giving it, their diarrhea disappears and when I start giving it - diarrhea again??? I only give a small amount mixed with their Orijen dog food.

I also wonder how it could contain digestive enzymes if it has been cooked? I know they say on their website that lab tests determine the nutrients are retained.

MerlinsHope
April 1st, 2009, 04:39 PM
Superwanda
Green tripe ( loaded with greens and fiber), well, is fiber, so it stands to reason that it would make for loose stools.

Sometimes, this is where our common sense should prevail over what the manufacturer doles out in marketing. Under natural circumstances a dog would not eat tripe as a meal, but would eat it as a portion of the overall meal, so feeding your dog smaller amounts is a very sound decision on your part, especially with the Tripette brand as it contains glucosamine (sugar), and eating hoards of that can't be good.

Actually the Solid Gold version has less sugar, more salt however, and other ingredients which make it more suitable as a 'meal'. Tripette to me anyways, does not.
And naturally, if you can get the fresh frozen, well, it has no unwanted additives at all, and again, only a tablespoon is needed with a meal.

Cheers
MM

MerlinsHope
April 1st, 2009, 04:44 PM

What does the label say?

Cheers
MM

rainbow
April 2nd, 2009, 02:12 PM
What does the label say?

Cheers
MM

They don't specify. :confused:

http://www.merrickpetcare.com/store/detail.php?c=115&s=20487

rainbow
April 2nd, 2009, 02:16 PM
I certainly hope it is but now you have me wondering since it doesn't specify so I have sent them an email for clarification. Will post when I get a reply. :)

luckypenny
April 2nd, 2009, 02:26 PM
It would seem to me that either the recipe or the processing for BG tripe (no, it doesn't specify on the cans I have here either) has recently changed....when I first started buying it, it was very dark in color, similar to the Tripett brand. All the cans I've opened so far from our last case is very pale in color and the tripe itself does indeed look bleached. It also has the consistency of tapioca which is very different from the past cans I've bought. I still have a case and a half of unopened cans....heading back to the store with it this weekend :shrug:.

I'm looking forward to the response you get Rainbow.

totallyhip
April 2nd, 2009, 09:31 PM
1. Do you feed canned, fresh, or frozen? Canned mostly but sometimes frozen

2. What do pay per can? What do you pay per lb for fresh? What brand do you feed? We buy it in bulk and pay about $1.50 per can

3. Why do you feed it? What do you think the nutritional value of green tripe is? What do you think the physical benefits are (visible or not)? Its very beneficial. It has Omega 3, 6, acids and aids in the dogs digestive system. Diets that do not contain live enzymes put a greater stress on the pancreas and other organs to help to breakdown food

4. How much green tripe do you feed your dog per meal? How often do you feed it? What size is dog? We feed it once a week. They get about 1 tblspoon along with their regular food.

5. Do you feed store-prepared raw, home-prepared raw, or kibble (name the brand(s)? homemade raw

MerlinsHope
April 3rd, 2009, 11:51 AM
They don't specify. :confused:

http://www.merrickpetcare.com/store/detail.php?c=115&s=20487

The fact that the contents are not mentioned on the can is probably a good reason to steer clear. It might be a concoction of pieces of tripe with 'some' green tripe added, and that's probably just as bad as purchaseing no name brand kibble.

If you can get your hands on raw, it's always better, and really, you only need to feed small amounts.

Cheers
MM

rainbow
April 4th, 2009, 03:25 PM
It would seem to me that either the recipe or the processing for BG tripe (no, it doesn't specify on the cans I have here either) has recently changed....when I first started buying it, it was very dark in color, similar to the Tripett brand. All the cans I've opened so far from our last case is very pale in color and the tripe itself does indeed look bleached. It also has the consistency of tapioca which is very different from the past cans I've bought. I still have a case and a half of unopened cans....heading back to the store with it this weekend :shrug:.

I'm looking forward to the response you get Rainbow.

Here is the reply from Merrick ....

Hello *****,

Thanks for taking the time to e-mail us. The tripe is beef green tripe.

Thanks,

Cyndi

Merrick Pet Care

As they did not say that it's 100% green tripe I have emailed them back for clarification and also asked if they have changed their recipe in any way. Will update again when I get their reply.

Etown_Chick
April 4th, 2009, 05:35 PM
After reading this thread, I picked up a couple small cans of green tripe (Tripett) today...I'm thinking to give it with his raw rather than with kibble. I'm almost afraid to open the can tho..does it smell as bad as I think it does?? maybe this will be a fun outoor food, kinda like a doggie barbecue! lol

rainbow
April 4th, 2009, 06:54 PM
After reading this thread, I picked up a couple small cans of green tripe (Tripett) today...I'm thinking to give it with his raw rather than with kibble. I'm almost afraid to open the can tho..does it smell as bad as I think it does?? maybe this will be a fun outoor food, kinda like a doggie barbecue! lol

Ummmm, yes it does :yuck: .....it doesn't linger though. :laughing:

rainbow
April 4th, 2009, 06:57 PM
As they did not say that it's 100% green tripe I have emailed them back for clarification and also asked if they have changed their recipe in any way. Will update again when I get their reply.

I have emailed them four times and it keeps getting returned with this message ....

The following message to <customerservice@merrickpetcare.com> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'This message is spam and is rejected.'

:confused: :confused: :confused: .....did they put me on their spam list? :eek:

I just emailed them again with a different email addy so we'll see what happens. :frustrated:

Blackdog22
April 4th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Is it possible to just phone them?
It's alot harder to blow people off when you are having a verbal conversation with them.

Etown_Chick
April 5th, 2009, 01:29 PM
rainbow, thanks! I'm going to give him his first taste of it tonight..can't wait! (looks outside, sunny...warm.....mmm.....pup-b-cue it is!) lol.

rainbow
April 5th, 2009, 02:26 PM
rainbow, thanks! I'm going to give him his first taste of it tonight..can't wait! (looks outside, sunny...warm.....mmm.....pup-b-cue it is!) lol.

LOL ....keep an eye out for any stray dogs as they all love the smell so it works like a magnet. :D

rainbow
April 5th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Is it possible to just phone them?
It's alot harder to blow people off when you are having a verbal conversation with them.

They do have a toll free number but don't know if it works from Canada. :shrug:

The email from my other addy has not been returned but since it is the weekend then I would not expect to hear from them before Monday. Will update again as soon as I hopefully get a reply. :fingerscr

Etown_Chick
April 6th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Gave scruffy his first tripe yesterday (canned Tripett kind). He sniffed it, circled his bowl a couple times then dug into it like he was eating fresh cat! (No offense to cat owners lol)
Apparently it's a hit. Didnt' smell nearly as bad as I thought. Thanks for the info, all.

rainbow
April 9th, 2009, 03:59 AM
Gave scruffy his first tripe yesterday (canned Tripett kind). He sniffed it, circled his bowl a couple times then dug into it like he was eating fresh cat! (No offense to cat owners lol)
Apparently it's a hit. Didnt' smell nearly as bad as I thought. Thanks for the info, all.

LOL ...Scruffy is hooked on it now. :thumbs up

rainbow
April 9th, 2009, 04:11 AM
I had to email a couple of times to get all the answers so here are my replies from Merrick ....

Hello *****

Thank you for inquiring. I do apologize that you are not satisfied with the Before Grain Tripe. We began using blanched tripe mixed with green tripe in October. This still continues to provide the high levels of protein and enzymes as it did with the Green Tripe alone.

If you could provide me with the Lot # and Best Buy Date from the bottom of the can I can see if these are the different product. I will be happy to send you a coupon for replacement of the products, please forward your mailing information and I will have one sent to you.

If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

Thank you,

Merrick Pet Care

Hello *****

Thank you for providing the information. The Tripe that you received should have been the mixture of the blanced and green mixture. Blanched is to place in boiling water for a few seconds or minutes and then to place in ice water. This process sets the color and does not cook the food. I can certainly send you a coupon for any flavor of Before Grain products or a coupon for our 5-Star Gourmet entrees. Let me know which you would prefer and I will have this sent out today.

If there is anything else I can do, please let me know.

Thank you,

Merrick Pet Care

So, the Merrick Before Grains 100% Tripe is not 100% green tripe. :sad: :frustrated:

At least I am getting my cans replaced with another Before Grains formula :thumbs up but I will no longer purchase any of their products. :rolleyes: