Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

N.F.L. Starís Dogs Find Kindness

badger
February 2nd, 2008, 11:59 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/02/sports/football/02vickdogs.html?hp

Rottielover
February 2nd, 2008, 12:46 PM
Tears are strolling down my cheeks, these poor dogs never asked to be treated so horribly.
I support these rescue groups 100% for not giving up on them,. John Garcia seems to know what he is talking about.
Georgia has won my heart that poor poor girl

want4rain
February 2nd, 2008, 03:43 PM
The government agreed to give them a second chance after Mr. Vick agreed to pay $928,073 for evaluation and care of all the dogs.

freeking brilliant. the life time care of all of those dogs, evaluation, training, rehab, random vet bills etc would never cost that much. kudos to whoever weaseled him out of that sum. while its more than it would ever cost to CARE for these dogs, it isnt enough compensation to pay for their emotional/mental/physical trauma, it isnt enough for the people who will forever have nightmares from having to rehabilitate their nightmares. it *may* make him think twice about cruelty. i hope some real research comes out of this too.

if we had been in ANY position to help.... :sad:

:candle: for each of you lovies. pray to each of your gods to let this be the end of the terrible road for each of them.

-ashley

chico2
February 2nd, 2008, 05:06 PM
OMG,that poor girl Georgia,Thank Dog she's at Best Friends,heaven on earth for misstreated lost animals:dog:

Frenchy
February 2nd, 2008, 09:35 PM
Georgia has won my heart that poor poor girl

:sad: me too :sad:

Love4himies
February 4th, 2008, 06:36 PM
:cry: Those poor dogs, thank goodness for these wonderful people trying so hard to provide these dogs with the love they should have had. I hope they keep feeding the media these stories so what Vick did will not be forgotten. He is forever evil.

happycats
February 4th, 2008, 06:47 PM
:cry: It's amazing, that no matter what and how much these poor creatures have endured, they can still love and trust humans again!! They truly are mans best (and only) friend!

I am so elated that the judge ordered the $$$$ amount for the lifetime care of all these dogs. :thumbs up

Vick should be made to do part of his community service with an animal shelter/rescue, becuase I really don't think he will ever undersand or have remorse until he sees dogs as living, breathing, loving,loyal creatures, that should be loved and nurtured, and not abused and made to fight.

chico2
February 5th, 2008, 07:39 AM
I just read this morning,a judge decided Vick will not have to pay pack the $20 million bonus to the NFL.

Brooster
February 5th, 2008, 09:35 AM
It's great to be sentimental but let me toss this out.
These pooches have been brutalized into fighters. Can they be turned back into the loyal, loving pets we believe the untouched dogs are?
And if we all agree that there is a future life for them, how is it that our draconian laws will allow the killing of a purely innocent 10 month old puppy.:wall:

Love4himies
February 5th, 2008, 10:27 AM
I just read this morning,a judge decided Vick will not have to pay pack the $20 million bonus to the NFL.

I read that last night, but if he earned it before he was found guilty then the NFL doesn't really have any right to get it back. If the NFL gave him the bonus before he earned it, then the NFL should maybe rethink how they are paying their players. Sorry, just the accountant in me talking.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=49181

Love4himies
February 5th, 2008, 10:29 AM
These pooches have been brutalized into fighters. Can they be turned back into the loyal, loving pets we believe the untouched dogs are?
And if we all agree that there is a future life for them, how is it that our draconian laws will allow the killing of a purely innocent 10 month old puppy.:wall:

It would be interesting to follow the lives of these poor dogs to find out if they can be rehabilitated for life, then we can send the proof to :evil:McGuinty:evil:.

happycats
February 5th, 2008, 11:05 AM

Yes I for one do believe they can be rehabilitated. They were trained to hate/kill other "dogs" , not people, if anything they fear people.
They may never get over their hatred of other dog's but so far they don't seem to have problems with people.:shrug:

As for draconian laws, Ontario Canada, whether we like it or not has a pit ban, where Vick's dog's live doesn't.

chico2
February 5th, 2008, 11:52 AM
The Best Friends Sanctuary in Utah will keep the dogs there for the rest of their lives,should they be deemed not suitable for adoption.
I could think of no better place for them to live the rest of their pained lives,other than a regular loving home of course.
I would think dogs too mentally and physically damaged would be euthanized,however BFS does not give up on an animal easy.
I am in absolute awe over that place,know about them for many years..