Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog pee in baby's room

sfortin
February 1st, 2008, 03:33 PM
Hi,

I have a 7 years old Teckel. Recently, I had a baby. Since then, my dog goes into the baby's room every night and pees on the carpet. Not a big spot, only squirts. He only does it at night, if I leave the baby's door open. The baby still sleeps in my room, but will start sleeping into her own room soon. I won't be able to keep the door closed then, what can I do to make my dog stop.

Thank you,
Stephanie

sugarcatmom
February 1st, 2008, 03:39 PM
How about a baby gate to prevent the dog from going in there?

badger
February 1st, 2008, 06:40 PM
If this is new behaviour, it's pretty clear what he's telling you, this is all mine, forget the interloper in the crib' :laughing: Very eloquent.
What about a monitor? Someone here once suggested a screen door to deal with a similar situation.

rainbow
February 1st, 2008, 07:16 PM
I would put up a baby gate as well....that should solve the problem. :thumbs up I think the screen door solution was someone that had cats that could get over or through the baby gate. :shrug:

jessi76
February 1st, 2008, 08:53 PM
He only does it at night, if I leave the baby's door open.

this may sound completely crazy.. but ummm....close the door? get a baby monitor and keep the door closed. I have a 4mth old, and a dog, so i've recently just transitioned my baby to his own room. and yes, I keep the door closed. the baby actually sleeps more soundly. granted my dog has NEVER peed in the house, let alone in the baby's room, but I don't allow him access to that room anyways unless I'm in there.

now that it's happened, be sure to clean that carpet REALLY well with appropriate cleaners (for pets) to rid the scent. otherwise your dog may do it again later on.