Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Calling all 2008 weight loss challengers !!!!!

TeriM
February 1st, 2008, 02:59 PM
This means you: as signed up in this thread http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=48040 :
TeriM
Sarah
Rottielover
Poodletalk
Ford Girl
Writing 4 Fun
Kristin7
Happy Cats
Byrd
Stacer
LuckyPenny
Copperbelle
Krdahmer
Amatazes
Waste of Paint
Crazydays
CearaQC (fitness only)
Peanut :D

Ok, January is over now so how did everyone do ????? If you fell off the bandwagon then we are all here to help you jump back on :thumbs up. We WILL all do this with the help and support of our fellow challengers :goodvibes:.

I've done well :D. I am down 10 lbs :crazy: although I am PMSing right now :o so the scale went back up 1.5 lbs but I know it is temporary :).
My biggest helpers last month were watching Biggest Loser, Skiing, and having a dog that definately needs exercise to keep us all sane :D.
My biggest challenges were a sore foot, the anniversary of my dad's death :sad:, and my mom's cooking when she visits.

Ford Girl - thanks for the tip of BL Australia :thumbs up. It is an extra motivator plus it has waaaayyyy less commercials and "filler".

Kristin7 - I'm gonna try that chicken soup recipe this weekend, sounds yummy.

February could be tough for me. I have a girls weekend Feb 8,9,10 and then the following week we go on holidays starting Feb 15th for a week. Both events do involve cross-country skiing which will help (awesome calorie burner!) but I will definately need to work to minimize the social eating and drinking portions :o. I am also registered to do a 15km ski race on the 16th and hope to achieve a respectable time :fingerscr.

Rottielover
February 1st, 2008, 07:46 PM
Hey there TeriM...

I am doing well so far, I still have 1 week left to weigh in, and 1.5 lbs to lose to meet my goal for this month of 185 lbs.
I started this month at 191.5, and now 186.5 lbs Which is darn good for being going on month 8 in feb.
That means my total loss to date is 49.5 lbs. Bye bye never to come back.
I am hoping for a few inches lost too, but we will see.
Weigh in for me is the 8th of every month or the earlier friday.
I will keep posted.

My hardest thing to do is water..water/\.. water... So easy in the summer, so hard in the winter.

Oh ya, LOVE the biggest loser, such an umphhhhhhhh to get my ass in gear. LOL

Byrd
February 1st, 2008, 07:49 PM
I lost 3-5 lbs... goes up and down by the day... LOL It's more than I thought, I was thinking 2lbs per month, so if this keeps up, it will be great!!!!

happycats
February 1st, 2008, 07:53 PM
Hey TeriM!

Thank you for keeping this thing going!!!:thumbs up

I haven't weighed in yet, I'm to afraid.
I'm doing really well during the week, I fall off on most week-ends :sad:
DH choice of week-end chow, is not helping.

But hey I will try harder!!!
I know I can do this!!!
I so can all of you!!:grouphug:

poodletalk
February 1st, 2008, 09:06 PM
I did well considering the fact I couldn't excerise for the past two weeks, I lost six pounds.

I am not really sure when I can start doing an hour a day of cardio again since my back is still sore.

Right now what I am doing is, watching what I eat and doing light swimming.

Ford Girl
February 1st, 2008, 09:55 PM
I'm still here too!!! I lost 11lbs since Jan 1st, I can feel it in my dress pants and jeans! :thumbs up It's been too cold to walk the past week and I was sick for 2 weeks, so all things considering...I pretty happy. :D

My goal was 21lbs gone by end of Feb, so I have 10 to go! I need to get that treadmill I've saved for so the cold doesn't slow me down!!

It's been fairly easy to stay on track during the week, and a bit harder on the weekends for sure.

Feb will be a busy month, with valentine's, DH's b-day, a long weekend and a visiting friend from out of town, and a leap year b-day girls night out...I am going to have to do some planning ahead to stay on track! :eek:

Good job everyone, don't forget to drink your water and plan ahead! :grouphug:

Stacer
February 1st, 2008, 10:12 PM
I've lost about 5 lbs and a notch in my belt, but I've fallen off the wagon. My sister came to visit for a week in mid january and that meant alot of eating out and junk food, and this week I've been staying at my parent's house to help out since my grandma's in the hospital, so again, my eating has been horrible.

Next week I'm back on though. I still want to look good for my 30th!!

I've definitely been neglecting the weightloss thread.

Kristin7
February 2nd, 2008, 07:19 AM
I haven't weighed in yet either... I don't think I've lost any but am definitely in better shape, looking forward to my workouts (usually). This past week I only went 3x to the gym though, it is easy for things to get in the way! However, I finally found the website for the new half marathon in town and am going to sign up. The other one we have is full and too big anyway. The new race is mid-May, so gotta start incorporating some running!

krdahmer
February 2nd, 2008, 08:21 PM
I'll let ya know monday... planning on weighing in that day. I'm not really worried so much about pounds lost, I'm more excited that my cholesterol has improved and is back to normal and that my sugar is steadily lowering.

And I guess I did accomplish one important thing in Jan... I exersised 5 times (as opposed to 0 and 0 the two months prior!)... and now am trying to do it 2-3 times every week. So, I'm good with that if I didn't drop the lbs!:D

~michelle~
February 2nd, 2008, 08:34 PM
is it too late to join????? i wanna join:)

oh a great tip for Taco lovers (like me!!) i use veggie "mock Meat" - the mock ground beef only has 60 cals for 1/3 cup and once you add the taco seasoning and salsa it taste delicious! :)

SARAH
February 3rd, 2008, 10:53 AM
This means you: as signed up in this thread http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=48040 :
TeriM
Sarah
Rottielover
Poodletalk
Ford Girl
Writing 4 Fun
Kristin7
Happy Cats
Byrd
Stacer
LuckyPenny
Copperbelle
Krdahmer
Amatazes
Waste of Paint
Crazydays
CearaQC (fitness only)
Peanut

Ok, January is over now so how did everyone do ????? If you fell off the bandwagon then we are all here to help you jump back on :thumbs up. We WILL all do this with the help and support of our fellow challengers :goodvibes:.

Ford Girl - thanks for the tip of BL Australia It is an extra motivator plus it has waaaayyyy less commercials and "filler".

February could be tough for me. I have a girls weekend Feb 8,9,10 and then the following week we go on holidays starting Feb 15th for a week. Both events do involve cross-country skiing which will help (awesome calorie burner!) but I will definately need to work to minimize the social eating and drinking portions :o. I am also registered to do a 15km ski race on the 16th and hope to achieve a respectable time :fingerscr.

Still here, no troubles. January is my least favourite month, just long, cold and dark :sad: and makes me just want to :sleepy: but I didn't. I've been in the gym both with the weights and the cardio equipment, and the food's been right on track.

I've heard BL AUS is on Spice? What day and time? I can get it on satellite (if I can find it that is :frustrated: )

If you need some yummy stuff that is healthy and impressive, check out my Carrot Roll recipe somewhere on here ... with the pic of the finished thing. Really tasty, and totally healthy and non-fattening! Have it with some chicken breast or fish and a salad ...

Hey there TeriM...

My hardest thing to do is water..water/\.. water... So easy in the summer, so hard in the winter.

Oh ya, LOVE the biggest loser, such an umphhhhhhhh to get my ass in gear. LOL

Keep that bottle close and keep sipping! I managed 3 liters on Friday without even thinking about it. Problem though, the recent reports on plastic bottles! I'm looking into getting aluminum bottles for Lewis and me, the fewer chemicals we ingest the better. And the industry's excuse that "it's been used for 50 years" ... :crazy: ... that doesn't make it safer you dunces!

is it too late to join????? i wanna join:)

oh a great tip for Taco lovers (like me!!) i use veggie "mock Meat" - the mock ground beef only has 60 cals for 1/3 cup and once you add the taco seasoning and salsa it taste delicious! :)

Never too late Michelle! At the risk of sounding like a broken record of a clishé , Today Is The First Day Of The Rest Of Your Life!

Veggie mock-meat is good, but you can also use ground turkey if you're not vegetarian :thumbs up

And yes, I have dropped some pounds this month, but mostly I've dropped bodyfat, 4% in a month is pretty decent.

Congratulations to everyone who's shed excess weight (fat I hope!) this first month and is still hanging in there!

:highfive:

SARAH
February 3rd, 2008, 11:37 AM
I just noticed : we have just seven ( 7 ) weeks left before the official 1st day of SPRING and we all know what spring means : lighter clothes, more apparent us, and all winter flaws exposed!

In other words, throw those flaws out ASAP !!

Ça urge! (it's urgent)

Frenchy
February 3rd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Here is my contribution

http://bestsmileys.com/ballons/3.gif

you go girls !!!

~michelle~
February 3rd, 2008, 04:02 PM
ok I started trying to lose weight back in late oct early nov... with christmas i fell off but have lost 15lbs since oct- 35 more to go.... although tonight Im having wings and superbowl feast:) so tomorrow i go back to being healthy cheat day for me today!!!

TeriM
February 3rd, 2008, 04:15 PM
I've heard BL AUS is on Spice? What day and time? I can get it on satellite (if I can find it that is :frustrated: )

I'm looking into getting aluminum bottles for Lewis and me, the fewer chemicals we ingest the better. And the industry's excuse that "it's been used for 50 years" ... :crazy: ... that doesn't make it safer you dunces!

BL Aus is on Slice channel here on Thursday nights at 10pm. Hope that helps!

I'm also looking into getting one of those aluminum bottles. When MEC pulled all their bottles from their stores I started to believe that stuff a bit more :sad:.

TeriM
February 3rd, 2008, 04:17 PM
ok I started trying to lose weight back in late oct early nov... with christmas i fell off but have lost 15lbs since oct- 35 more to go.... although tonight Im having wings and superbowl feast:) so tomorrow i go back to being healthy cheat day for me today!!!

Nice to have you with us Michelle :). Way to go on the 15lbs already down :thumbs up.

a thread updating us on your beautiful dogs would also be welcome :rolleyes: :D.

~michelle~
February 3rd, 2008, 05:07 PM
Nice to have you with us Michelle :). Way to go on the 15lbs already down :thumbs up.

a thread updating us on your beautiful dogs would also be welcome :rolleyes: :D.

I know I know its been a long time since ive really been active on the board!!! Lifes been crazy i finished school, got a new job, and we bought a car last month so weve had the dogs out alot at the park and on trails:) I will post an update soon!

coppperbelle
February 3rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
I was doing really well until I bought a damn scale. Now I get on that thing every morning and it determines how well I will do that day. I hate it. Years ago I joined Weight Watchers and weighed in on Fridays. I remember being extremely stressed on Fridays and eventually quit going because of it. When I started changing my way of eating a few months ago I didn't weigh myself because I knew it would be like going back to WW again. Well now that I have lost a bunch of weight ( I know by the way my clothes didn't fit anymore) I decided to get a scale. Afterall it couldn't hurt, right!!!!:frustrated:
So now I am going to hide the scale and only weigh myself once a week . On another note last week I did step aerobics twice, worked out with an exercise ball two days and ran on my treadmill. I also went snowshoeing. I also ate way too much this weekend so I am sure all my hard work was for naught. :yell:
Tomorrow is another day.

~michelle~
February 3rd, 2008, 09:05 PM
i limit myself to weighing only when at the gym.... it keeps me from getting too obsessed with it.

poodletalk
February 3rd, 2008, 09:26 PM
So now I am going to hide the scale and only weigh myself once a week

This is what I need to do.

After having nachos, couple of glasses of coke, I went on the scale to see how much I gained. There is a big difference from what I weighed this morning.

I will do abit of extra cardio to wear off the extra calories I gained tonight.

jiorji
February 3rd, 2008, 10:37 PM
Peanut :D

LOL:laughing:

so far...we monitor food and we've learned to not complain when our daily portion has been cut a few kibbles short..and everytime we steal from Twiggy's bowl, the same amount gets taken out of our own bowl. HEY! dieting isn't fair Peanut!:p

But i feel like her butt is still getting bigger and bigger.:shrug: I think she's panicking about the diet and she's managed a survival skill to store away fat for "just in case" days when she wants a snack. :laughing:

you guys keep up the good dieting work. :thumbs up Maybe you'll get some treats at the end of this month :D

jiorji
February 3rd, 2008, 10:39 PM

After having nachos, couple of glasses of coke, I went on the scale to see how much I gained. There is a big difference from what I weighed this morning.

poodle...it's from all those bubbles from the coke :D...although it being air...shouldn't it make you lighter??:shrug: makes no sense

coppperbelle
February 4th, 2008, 07:03 PM

You couldn't of gained weight with just some nachos and coke. It is normal to weigh more at night after eating all day. I think I read somewhere it takes about 3500 calories to gain a pound.
I ended up losing 2 pounds even after I thought I had blown it.
Now I have to get back on that treadmill tomorrow.

Kristin7
February 5th, 2008, 01:06 PM
The salt in the nachos would also make you retain water, and weigh more, though it is not fat. One of my friends told me she noticed a big difference in her weight if she cut way back on salt on a daily basis. Probably a good idea for all of us...

Ford Girl
February 5th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Hey everyone!!! How is your week so far? I have done well with eating, still haven't bought the treadmill or walked - still freezing out, but feeling good about myself!

Biggest Loser is on tonight! :angel:

We started getting some Weight Watcher brand foods in the super store that I go to, for lunch today I had their chicken parm with pasta, very good, and 45gr more then the average frozen lunch. I picked this up just for something new to mix it up a bit!! Worth $2.49 I paid for it, and the points are already figured out for me, so it saved me some time last night while packing lunches. I also bought the turkey dinner...will try that tomorrow.

I dont know if you guys are like me - but I like things easy and quick but still healthy, once it gets too time consuming or complicated my motivation goes down and I end up planning less. (food wise) :shrug:

Rottielover
February 6th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Hey guys, how is everyone going....

I had my weigh in today.
I lost 5 lbs, and 0.7% body fat :)
No inches though :(

As for weighing in the evening..Bad idea, that is when you will weigh the most. Water retension, meals per day, and so on.
Best thing to do is weigh yourself as soon as you wake up :)

Ford Girl
February 8th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Hey everyone, still on track? I am doing ok, still not working out but eating good, and this cold has supressed my appitite, been having to make myself eat! It's a good thing. :)

I bought a scale and got it home and it was broken, so I have to return it on Sunday when I go shopping. My treadmill is now at home, I bought one this week, haven't set it up, DH and I will be hibernating this weekend, so that will be something we are going to do. Can't wait to start using it.

Has anyone weighed in or have nay progess to report?

Think thin! :highfive: Have a great weekend!!! :grouphug:

Ford Girl
February 12th, 2008, 02:21 PM
No posts since friday!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

How is everyone doing? Still on track?

I had the worse weekend ever, food wise, my sister and I spent the weekend together, with the dogs, the kitty and some old movies and the couch....needless to say, you name something bad - I ate it. :sad: Too many bad things to even start to list them, it was a good weekend tho, a nice relaxing veg out weekend. I didn't gain at all over the weekend, and since I didn't work yesterday I walked 6klms with the dog, and boy was I pushing the speed!! It felt great! It's finally warm out!!! :thumbs up

It's a long weekend coming up, DH B-day tomorrow, and then V-day, so on Friday we are doing a dinner/date night, staying in, he wants me to make manicotti...yum!! I need to alter the recipe to make ti a bit healthier. And Saturday I am going out with a gf to a dinner/dance, will try my best to make good choices...

~michelle~
February 13th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Tomorrow I have a fitness consultation! I am going to get all of my measure ments and health stats im a little nervous!! but im excited to get some baseline I have a consult every 3 months for the next year so i can really keep track of what i am doing

Rottielover
February 13th, 2008, 08:11 PM
My eating has been really good, but I have been sick and achy. did not go to the gym mon.tues.weds.
I am all better, and getting the motivation to go tomorrow :)

Ford Girl
February 14th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Tomorrow I have a fitness consultation! I am going to get all of my measure ments and health stats im a little nervous!! but im excited to get some baseline I have a consult every 3 months for the next year so i can really keep track of what i am doing

How did it go? Nerve racking but a great motivator!!!

My eating has been really good, but I have been sick and achy. did not go to the gym mon.tues.weds.
I am all better, and getting the motivation to go tomorrow :)

We all have those weeks! Being sick sucks!! I think I;ve had my share for 2008!

I haven't been too great, still trying to do my best with meal planning, but the exercise is basically walking the dog at night, still good, but I need to boost the effort to the next level I think. :thumbs up I am feeling good, but had some bad slips in the last week!! :o

~michelle~
February 18th, 2008, 09:56 AM
How is everyone doing???????

I had my physical consult... Im not happy with it but there was nothing i wasnt aware of.

I did sign up for a personal trainer..... once a week for 12 weeks its costing me a ton!!! but i am really hoping it will make excerise more enjoyable and challenging!

BAILEYSMUDGE
February 18th, 2008, 10:29 AM
I hope it's not too late for me to join in.... In 2000 I reached a weight goal with Weight Watchers... I had lost 60 lbs... I was feeling terrific and looked pretty good (if I may say so myself)...I had kept it off for about 5 years...and then.... MENOPAUSE!... :wall: Wow... I've now put about 30 of the pounds back on..my eating is out of control... I'm feeling pretty low... my joints are acting like an old person's joints... :cry: I walk to and from work every day ( 25-min walk)... I work out at the gym 3 times a week. I'm just eating too much! I know it. :sad:

Ford Girl
February 19th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Hey everyone - did you survive the long weekend?? (if you had one this weekend!)

I'm doing good, made good choices, walking lots inthe sunny weather!!

BAILEYSMUDGE - welcome!!! Please post as often as you like, we are all here for the same reason!

How is everyone else doing? Any results to report?

I am down 15lbs since Jan 1st! I might not make my end of Feb goal but my jeans fit wicked!!! :thumbs up

Ford Girl
February 19th, 2008, 01:18 PM
How is everyone doing???????

I had my physical consult... Im not happy with it but there was nothing i wasnt aware of.

I did sign up for a personal trainer..... once a week for 12 weeks its costing me a ton!!! but i am really hoping it will make excerise more enjoyable and challenging!

Hey Michelle, how's it going? Please share!!!

~michelle~
February 19th, 2008, 06:20 PM
haha I had my first meeting with my personal trainer yesterday and im cursing him today!!!! Im waddling everywhere :laughing: I cant believe im spending money on having someone do this to me (or better yet making me do it to myself!) it was awesome though.... i would never push myself as hard as i did without the encouragement and support! he's a pretty good fit for my personality too which is good

i enjoyed it and its a huge motivator and its nice to have someone there watching your form and keeping you from seriously injuring yourself!

Ford Girl
February 20th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Michelle, that sounds great!! A personal trainer is a great motivator, I work well with that kinda push too!! :thumbs up

Where is everyone else?

BAILEYSMUDGE
February 20th, 2008, 11:30 AM
I have been walking to and from work everyday and I work out 3 days a week... I got two new workout videos on DVD today... I just gotta overcome the munchies... the rest will all happen if I stop eating. I just had 4 days off work... I got some much needed rest... you know... sometimes we eat because we're tired...sometimes we eat because we're thirsty... (I've learned all this from WeighWatchers)... It's about 11:30 and so far I'm doing okay... I know how to do it... but, I got myself into a rut and now I must find my own way out of it...perhaps this forum will help me stay on track. I'm good once I get going...

Ford Girl
February 20th, 2008, 11:41 AM
BAILEYSMUDGE - I am on WW too, I've lost about 100bs over the years, and have put 20 of that back on over the last 2...and I'm down 15 of that!!

I get the munchies bad too, especially while watching TV, I found that having a case of diet pop in the house helps me big time!! Yes, I know the aspertame and splenda are bad, but it's better then munching out. I do get my water in thru the day, but at this peak munching hour I need something other then water...so I have a pop...I get a glass, put alot of ice in it..and oput 1/2 the can inthe glass...slowly sip it, then the other half, so it's good and cold...A glass of Crystal Lite might do the trick too...

This helps me alot...then the feeling passes and it's time for bed...

I get in to a rut with eating, I find salads and soups and veggies day after day tend to bore me, even if I mix it up, so I work hard at keeping my food choices varied...so I don't cheat...

BAILEYSMUDGE
February 20th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Water works for me... especially if I squirt in some lemon juice... In the winter time... a cold salad is just not so appealing... you know?? I need to eat warm... steamed root veggies are my favourites... Once a week is girl's night out... we rent a movie and order in Swiss Chalet... quarter white and a garden salad... jello for dessert... (I do remove most of the skin)... (tonight we're going to watch Michael Clayton (but, we're really going to watch George) :cool:

diandpat
February 21st, 2008, 09:39 AM
Baileysmudge, what work out DVDs do you use? Does anyone else use workout videos?

Just like to get new ideas. I only work out to videos so I like to hear about new ones (if we are allowed to name them :shrug:).

BAILEYSMUDGE
February 21st, 2008, 11:11 AM
Kathy Smith has a whole series of videos (I like her because she will help you start from the beginning and work up to more advanced)...there are cardio ones, weights, ball... all kinds...whatever you like. Yesterday I bought two new ones from Avon...(haven't tried them yet)... will have a try this weekend and see what they're like... one is Yoga for Weight Loss and the other is a Pilates one... will report back. I'm just trying to get into the right frame of mind :wall:... once I get going, I'm good. But... until then.........:shrug:

Ford Girl
February 21st, 2008, 12:00 PM
Baileysmudge, what work out DVDs do you use? Does anyone else use workout videos?

Just like to get new ideas. I only work out to videos so I like to hear about new ones (if we are allowed to name them :shrug:).

I have a Pilates DVD, came with 3, one of them is a 20 minute work out, I love it, and it works me hard for all of 20 minutes! For the life of me, it's slipped my mind what it's called...I will get back to you...

BAILEYSMUDGE - take the plunge!!! :thumbs up :laughing:

TeriM
February 24th, 2008, 03:45 AM
Where is everyone else?

Here I am :D. I've had a busy month with a long weekend away with the girls and then a week holiday skiing with hubby. I didn't worry much about food, just ate whatever (including chocolate, cookies and red wine :o) but was pleasantly surprised to see I am now down a total of 14 lbs since beginning of Jan :thumbs up. We did do lots of exercise (cross country skiing) so I'm sure that is what make the difference. Now I've just got to get off holiday mode eating and back to the real world :o.
The best news is that I pulled a pair of jeans out of my drawer and tried them on and they fit! They haven't fit since before last summer :D. Plus the jeans that I bought one size smaller in Dec (that I couldn't wear) now fit :crazy:.

TeriM
February 25th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Waaahhhh :cry:, I want chocolate :sad:.

Ford Girl
February 27th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Waaahhhh :cry:, I want chocolate :sad:.

LOL! Life's tough eh? :laughing:

Ford Girl
February 27th, 2008, 12:35 PM
How is everyone today/this week? Any results to report?

SARAH where you at?

Rottielover - how's the progress?

TeriM - Jeans are a sure sign of progress eh? They are not very forgiving and always tell you how you're doing. Good for you!! :thumbs up

BAILEYSMUDGE - did you get started??? are you motivated yet? :D

~michelle~ - how are your sessions with your pt?

coppperbelle - how are you doing? Any progress?

And to everyone else who hasn't posted recently, what's up? I'd like to hear about your progress, good or bad. So come on people...summer is almost here...almost time for shorts and bathing suits and sundresses!!

I am 4 lbs from my mini-goal, I wanted to be down 21lbs by end of Feb, I won't lose that much by Friday, but I am down 17lbs, one pant size, my bras fit better and...my cords don't make sounds when I walk! :laughing: Seriously, I noticed it this morning...I have my cords on and no sound of rubbing thighs! :D I have a wedding to go to on July 26th :goodvibes: on the beach! SO...I will need a new sundress and I want to look like a beach babe...it's my SIL's wedding, so I will be in pictures and part of the show...

New goal: Another 16lbs by the end of April, 9 weeks away!!

Rottielover
February 27th, 2008, 01:29 PM
I am soooo bloated, so now is not the time to talk about weight loss, LOL
This time of month I lack motivation and feel like crap.
I have gained 1.5 lbs in a month, how that is possible I do not know, but whatever...
I am still going to the gym, 3 - 5 times a week. This month did not go for a week because was sick. First week of march is spring break so not able to go either...
I will be starting a new gym in may, and I think my motivation will be back when I join.
Right now curves is not doing enough for me anymore, so I am feeling disapointed, which leaves to slipping often.
But not enough to gain weight :(

Ford Girl
February 27th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I am soooo bloated, so now is not the time to talk about weight loss, LOL
This time of month I lack motivation and feel like crap.
I have gained 1.5 lbs in a month, how that is possible I do not know, but whatever...
I am still going to the gym, 3 - 5 times a week. This month did not go for a week because was sick. First week of march is spring break so not able to go either...
I will be starting a new gym in may, and I think my motivation will be back when I join.
Right now curves is not doing enough for me anymore, so I am feeling disapointed, which leaves to slipping often.
But not enough to gain weight :(

I second that...that time of the month really throws a kink in to things...gawd, I always feel like junk around that time...yuk! Nothing like being bloated! :rolleyes:

Maybe you hit a plateu? I have heard that about Curves - it's great for people getting in to it, but with each lost pound you need to step it up to push yourself. I've never done Curves, do they have different levels?

Once you feel better, maybe add something different to your work out? Something to push you hard...:shrug:

I've heard that about the eliptical too, it's great for starting out and burning fat and calories when you first start but it doesn't build cardio endurance for things like stairs or hiking outside of the gym...not bashing eliptical's but once you get in shape they don't really push you hard enough...

BAILEYSMUDGE
February 27th, 2008, 08:06 PM
How is everyone today/this week? Any results to report?

BAILEYSMUDGE [/B]- did you get started??? are you motivated yet? :D

Um...well... no.... I need to get started...I'm just having a tough time. I took the plastic off the DVD boxes... and ...uh ..well.. haven't tried them yet. :wall:

Ford Girl
March 4th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I'm going to start a March thread. :)