Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Alarm-cat ... yes, Spoutnik again!!

SARAH
February 1st, 2008, 11:44 AM
That kitten ... :frustrated: ... he's SO lucky he's cute!

LOL, can't help but laugh this morning though. Right, here's the story ...

Last night, we went to bed as usual around 9:30 PM, closing the door so the toe-attacker wouldn't wake us up painfully during the night (again!). Fine, no problem. The dogs went to sleep on their beds by ours, the cats were in the rest of the house, all was calm.

That is, until ...

9:50 PM

That's when we heard a glass-crash-sound and then the alarm!! :eek: :yell:

We have a glass-breakage detector you see, as well as contactors on the windows and doors that open (there are a few windows that don't, not meant to).

So we get up, grab our robes, rush out to the living/dining room ... and see a bewildered Spoutnik sitting in the middle of the dining table. No window seemed broken. Lewis turned off the alarm and called the company to tell them it was a false alarm (or they would have called us, after we'd gone back to sleep! That's happened before when ... never mind).

I looked around, and found the bottle of wine we'd left half full on the table after supper (luckily screw-top well tightened) on the floor under the table. That was the glass-crash-sound we'd heard. Good thing was, the bottle had no broken, so there was no mess to clean up.

Spoutnik looked like he was thinking: "wow, did little me make all this noise?" and Misti, looking at him from across the kitchen was obviously mentally shaking her head and thinking: "what WILL he think of next!?"

I petted Misti first, telling her what a great pussycat she was. Then I picked up the monster and told him he was a total sneak and had better go to sleep and stop wrecking the house! Yeah, he got a hug too.

After that, well, we all went to :sleepy: but honestly, I agree with Misti's look... what WILL that Spoutnik think of next?!! :rolleyes:

ancientgirl
February 1st, 2008, 11:50 AM
Oh boy, sounds like you have to Spoutnik the house.

I wasn't as lucky as you. Last evening I heard glass break and Maks or Kiska managed to get one of the glade oil scent things off the hall table.

It broke, but luckily not in a million pieces.

These kitties! They really are lucky they're so cute!:frustrated::cat:

Frenchy
February 1st, 2008, 11:53 AM
And no pictures ? :sad:Good thing the bottle didn't break ! :eek:

That sounds like Paddy .... he's always up to no good :evil: :cat: :laughing:

SARAH
February 1st, 2008, 12:00 PM
Pictures? The camera was in the office behind the closed door (we do not want the destroyer in there alone!) and I must say I was more worried about the idea that a window might be broken (somehow) and the cats able to get out!! :eek:

SARAH
February 1st, 2008, 12:00 PM
Pictures? The camera was in the office behind the closed door (we do not want the destroyer in there alone!) and I must say I was more worried about the idea that a window might be broken (somehow) and the cats able to get out!! :eek:

But yes, it was a picture moment. Like the one I didn't take of my daughter when she, at 2 years of age, had pulled the red-and-blue ribbon out of my old type-writer ... all of it! She was wearing just a diaper that morning, it was probably summer, definitely weekend. I found her sitting in a heap of ribbon, blue and red all over :laughing: took some scrubbing to get her clean again, but it was a lost picture :sad:

phoozles
February 1st, 2008, 12:25 PM
That kitten ... :frustrated: ... he's SO lucky he's cute!

Last night, we went to bed as usual around 9:30 PM, closing the door so the toe-attacker wouldn't wake us up painfully during the night (again!).

You're lucky you HAVE a door to your bedroom! Our bedroom is at the top of the stairs - loft style - and I get my toes munched on every morning by my own spunky kitten Alley.. :frustrated: :yell:

Of course she only licks BF's toes.. but mine she bites.. :rolleyes: :wall:

SARAH
February 1st, 2008, 12:26 PM
I feel for you :sorry: :laughing: aren't they just "adorable" at times, and so adorable at other times ? :laughing:

phoozles
February 1st, 2008, 12:52 PM
:laughing: At least she waits until the alarm goes off before she starts - Which still isn't fun - I'm a snooze button presser! *sigh*

Yes - there are many times when "adorable" must be used in quotes. :laughing:

Love4himies
February 1st, 2008, 02:35 PM
Aww, you gotta love those little mischieve makers :laughing:

clm
February 1st, 2008, 05:08 PM
Some of them are so active at night. 2 of mine will sleep all night, but Gabby, she wants to play all night long. Squeakie then starts playing withher and It's impossible for us to sleep and she keeps the dogs awake, so Gabby and Squeakie spend the night in the basement now where they can play until their hearts content and they don't disturb the rest of us. Mookie is happy then, she has the whole upstairs to herself without her troublesome sister and Gabby. :laughing:

chico2
February 1st, 2008, 05:16 PM
I too sometimes now close my bedroom door,but to be honest with you,I miss my cats in the bed:sad:
However,when we are all in bed,Chico decides it's time to play,meows his little heart out,gets the zoomies,tries really hard to get Vinnie and Rocky up and then....well,needless to say,I love my bedroomdoor:laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
February 2nd, 2008, 02:56 AM
:laughing: Little :angel2: Spoutnik was just trying to help clean up from dinner :angel2: :D

Good thing there was no broken glass to hurt tiny little toes :thumbs up

SARAH
February 2nd, 2008, 11:27 AM
yeah, and then he goes and looks like this:

growler~GateKeeper
February 2nd, 2008, 11:24 PM
cute!! :cloud9::lovestruck: Love the tail sticking out :laughing:

rainbow
February 3rd, 2008, 01:05 AM
Awwww....that innocent looking guy can't do anything wrong. :D

SARAH
February 3rd, 2008, 10:39 AM
Oh yeah? Then why is there potting soil all over the floor around my biggest plant?

No, he doesn't use it as a litter box (thank Dog!!) but wow, does he make that soil fly all over :frustrated:

He's a little trouble-maker!

But I can tell he's trying, when he's in a calmer mood. He looks at us and listens, trying to figure out what the heck we're talking about. "No!" is understood, if rarely obeyed :D "Come here" is usually even obeyed, because it means a treat or a cuddle. "Food" is completely understood :laughing: not bad for such a hurricane of a kitten I guess, and only 3 months old at that.

Too funny this morning while we were having breakfast though, he and Misti did some zoomies around the kitchen/living room/dining room to the office and bedroom and back, One chasing one way, the other chasing back :laughing: but Misti got tired after 3 runs, poor Spoutnik :frustrated:

Now he's at his best: Sle:sleepy:eping :D