Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Duke, Onyx, and Iris transport doggers

daisy18216
June 12th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Well I just got back from my 3rd transport, and the dogs that I was transporting were just great and well behaved. :D

Here's a pic of them.

The one closest to my driver seat is Duke (lab mix), he laid by my side during the whole ride, and kept coming and checking up on me. Then the one in the middle is Iris(coonhound), and the one by my back gate is Onyx (collie mix).

http://img8.photobucket.com/albums/v26/daisy18216/rescue%20dogs/Duke_Onyx_Iris.jpg

I love helping out with transports, I get such a good feeling and knowing that I'm helping to save a dog(s) life.

I just wanted to share this w/all of you.

daisy18216
June 12th, 2004, 07:03 PM
I also have individual pics of them. So if you can't see any that good let me know and I'll post the other ones.

I took alot of pics!!! :p

glasslass
June 12th, 2004, 08:27 PM
I'm not familiar with "transporting". What is it? :confused:

mona_b
June 12th, 2004, 08:40 PM
You have done a great job daisy by helping out.... :)

Yes,more pics please..... :D

glasslass,a transport is when you help a person who is out of the way where the dog/dogs.

Example.

I wanted to adopt a dog in montreal.So maybe LR would bring the dog so far,then lets say Luba meets LR in the middle.Then I meet Luba another part of the way.Then I bring the dog home. :D

Did any of this make sense?..........LOL

wAggie
June 12th, 2004, 09:18 PM
AWWWWWW they look sooooooo pleasant!! :D :D

i wish, i wish, i wish i played the lottory and WON! :o

daisy18216
June 12th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Thanks you guys!! There were 9 of us who helped get these dogs from the high kill shelter to the rescue. The transport started in WV and went through these states WV,PA,NY,CT,RI.

The woman who coordinated this I helped her 2 times so far and I love doing it.

Anyway here are some more pics,

This is Duke
http://img8.photobucket.com/albums/v26/daisy18216/rescue%20dogs/Duke.jpg

Iris here
http://img8.photobucket.com/albums/v26/daisy18216/rescue%20dogs/Iris_5.jpg

Can't forget Onyx
http://img8.photobucket.com/albums/v26/daisy18216/rescue%20dogs/Onyx.jpg

I'll have to fix the rest of the pictures, and post more.

These are beautifuls dogs I wish i had the room to take them in.

chico2
June 12th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Daisy you are a wonderful person for doing what you are doing,those dogs are beautiful and very lucky there are people like you and other rescuers.
Wish I could do the same!

daisy18216
June 12th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Thank you very much!!!

Hubby said that Onyx would make a good K9 cop dog. (he's a police officer). I told him how well behaved all of them were.

if you like you can help transport. LOL

we're always looking for help (there's transports that go to Canada also).

I just wish these great dogs were going to forever homes. I just hope the rescue can find a good home for these babies.

Luba
June 13th, 2004, 12:45 AM
YAH Daisy good for you girl!!!

You are seriously contributing some love to these dogs future!

WTG!!

Very very proud of you!!!!

glasslass
June 13th, 2004, 01:26 AM
That is really neat!!!! Kind of like a rescue relay! They look like they're enjoying the adventure! :)

daisy18216
June 13th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Thanks!!! I do love helping these dogs. When the next leg came to take them to NY, I gave all the dogs a kiss bye, and the people who were taking them were just looking at me. :p

I just have a huge soft spot in my heart for all these animals.

We got an e-mail and they made it to rescue ok. Iris did get jumpy after a while, I knew she was getting scared. When I went to say bye to them a truck came past and hit a pothole and the stuff he was carrying made a loud noise, and she jumped.

They also didn't know where they were going, all they know is that they were going from person to person and not knowing where they would end up.

I'm just glad that they made it to this rescue and they're good. I hope they find good homes. I'm going to e-mail the rescue and let them know and see if they can get Onyx into K9.

It's a thought and I'll let you know if I hear anything about it.