Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Male Dogo Argentino pup

farmdog
January 31st, 2008, 07:07 PM
We found him after the whole night and morning searching.

Thanks everybody!!!

the gang
January 31st, 2008, 07:26 PM
try contacting your vets, the pounds, and humaine society , good luck keep us posted brenda and the pins.

TinasTroops
January 31st, 2008, 07:32 PM
Yup call all the local Vets, Police, Human Society your local Animal Control?
Does you dog have Tattoo's? ID Tags on him? His pics don't show anything if he has no ID on him then he would go to the Sheltar or Animal Control would have picked him up!

try contacting your vets, the pounds, and humaine society , good luck keep us posted brenda and the pins.

farmdog
January 31st, 2008, 07:36 PM

I contacted Animal Control Office twice today, they told me that somebody called and reported there was a white dog walking around near the highway and that was about it, no such dog brought in so far.

I have called Humane Society and lots of shelters, nothing.

The pup was well socialized, very human friendly. If he saw people, he would approach and try to play. I guess somebody took him home.

He is a very nice boy, everybody likes him, it's understandable if somebody try to keep him, but please let me know where he is.

farmdog
January 31st, 2008, 07:38 PM
Yup call all the local Vets, Police, Human Society your local Animal Control?
Does you dog have Tattoo's? ID Tags on him? His pics don't show anything if he has no ID on him then he would go to the Sheltar or Animal Control would have picked him up!

We live on a huge farm, I never caged/crated/chined my dog, he lives inside of the house with us and runs around the house free every day, so he has no collar no ID tag or Tattoo.

TinasTroops
January 31st, 2008, 07:40 PM
I will keep my ears peeled for you.

farmdog
January 31st, 2008, 07:51 PM
I will keep my ears peeled for you.

Thank you VERY much!

This is a rare breed, a pure white dog is very noticeable, please contact me if you have any info, thank you all!!!

happycats
January 31st, 2008, 07:57 PM
You can try. www.canadastrays.com

mastifflover
January 31st, 2008, 11:42 PM
He is beautiful. I hope he gets back to you. A few weeks back my cousins sheperd got out and took off. I posted an ad on petfinder.com in the classified section. A guy emailed us and said he had found a dog and had taken it to Animal Control and sure enough it was her. Try it and good luck

coppperbelle
February 1st, 2008, 07:50 AM
It is really important to not only call the pounds/shelters/humane societies but to visit them daily.

Good luck finding him.

chico2
February 1st, 2008, 08:03 AM
Be very vigilant following up,visiting shelters,he could be mistaken for a large pit-bull,especially with the cropped ears:yell:
He is very beautiful though and since he is microchipped,hopefully someone will call you.
A"lost dog"ad in the paper could help,since he is very unusual and easily spotted. Good Luck!!

farmdog
February 1st, 2008, 09:29 AM
We found him after the whole night and morning searching

Thanks everybody!!! for all your good heart!!! God bless!!!

Lukka'sma
February 1st, 2008, 09:50 AM
No luck yet farmdog?
This breed is getting so much more popular, someone is bound to recognize this dog as a dogo argentino and :fingerscr they don't decide to hold onto him rather than find a breeder themselves.
All the best to you in finding your boy

chico2
February 1st, 2008, 09:56 AM
Farmdog,your post on top of this page says you FOUND HIM:thumbs upif that's the case,that's wonderful news:thumbs up

farmdog
February 1st, 2008, 10:02 AM
Farmdog,your post on top of this page says you FOUND HIM:thumbs upif that's the case,that's wonderful news:thumbs up

Yes, we found him, after yesterday whole day, last night, and this morning non stop searching when we called everybody around at the same time. We found him in the forest.

He ate some eggs and raw meat, now he is sleeping on the couch and having a rest.

Thanks again everybody. I really appreciate your good heart when I was in that difficult situation and extremely stressed.

To those who sent me hated emails, for losing my dog. Even you said something really rude, but I do not think you really mean it, so thank you also.

Lukka'sma
February 1st, 2008, 10:02 AM
YOU FOUND HIM
Oh, well thats really good news. I'm so happy for you.
I hope you remain an active member of this forum.

Love4himies
February 1st, 2008, 01:14 PM
I am so glad you found him :thumbs up

rainbow
February 1st, 2008, 01:27 PM
WOO HOO....I love happy endings. :cloud9:

Since he is a rare breed I think you should seriously consider having him tattooed and definitely put a collar and ID tag on him. :o

I hope you stick around too AND post some pics of him :thumbs up ....he sounds like a beautiful dog. :)

CearaQC
February 1st, 2008, 01:33 PM
To those who sent me hated emails, for losing my dog. Even you said something really rude, but I do not think you really mean it, so thank you also.

Hearing that someone from here sent you a nasty gram kinda bothers me. But just remember that some people are ultra passionate about pets and do not understand if someone else does not (or appears, at least in their minds, not to) share the same care and appreciation. I sincerely hope whoever it was meant well and doesn't wish you any harm.

To err is human and offers an opportunity for growth.

He's a very beautiful dog and I'm happy that he was not stolen and that he's back home safe and sound.

I for one would like to see more pictures. Never seen that kind of dog before. Looks rather regal in my opinion. Kinda curious what he would have looked like without the cropped ears tho. Flopped over maybe? :shrug:

Love4himies
February 1st, 2008, 01:39 PM
Hearing that someone from here sent you a nasty gram kinda bothers me. But just remember that some people are ultra passionate about pets and do not understand if someone else does not (or appears, at least in their minds, not to) share the same care and appreciation. I sincerely hope whoever it was meant well and doesn't wish you any harm.

I for one would like to see more pictures. Never seen that kind of dog before. Looks rather regal in my opinion. Kinda curious what he would have looked like without the cropped ears tho. Flopped over maybe? :shrug:

I was thinking the nasty e-mails were not from any of our members :o.

Pictures, what pictures, did I miss some, I wanna see:yell:.

farmdog
February 1st, 2008, 01:56 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d190/gaophotos/39-1.jpg

rainbow
February 1st, 2008, 02:20 PM
Awwww....what an adorable little guy he was. :cloud9: I missed the pics of him now and would love to see them also. :o

I'm very disappointed to hear that some members from here sent you rude emails. :sad: I hope you look past them and have a look around our forum and decide to stay. :goodvibes:

Lukka'sma
February 1st, 2008, 02:24 PM
Cute.
I love the pic of him in front of a wood pile with the ears straight out to the sides :laughing:

shirley1011
February 1st, 2008, 02:50 PM
Toooooo cute! Glad he's back home safe.

chico2
February 1st, 2008, 03:36 PM
OMG,what a little angel:lovestruck:
I wish you would have kept his ears floppy,but he is still a very beautiful dog.
Thank's for the pics!

CearaQC
February 1st, 2008, 04:08 PM
OMG lots of super nice pictures!

Hope no one minds me saying.. but I rather liked the floppy ears. :laughing:

That's one adorable pup.

And a great camera too, to take all those nice pictures. :D

the gang
February 1st, 2008, 04:43 PM
thats super news i am very happy for you guys!!! but please put a collar and tags on him you would never want this to happen to him again, he is a beauty brenda and the pins :thumbs up.

goldengal
February 1st, 2008, 05:33 PM
Another one here who is so happy to hear the good news. Take care.

Pat

Love4himies
February 2nd, 2008, 07:04 AM
Awww he looks like one hugable guy :cloud9:.

BusterBoo
February 2nd, 2008, 07:44 AM
I am so glad you have him back home with you!

And what a beautiful face he has!! I also love the floppy ears! :lovestruck:

I am so sorry about the nasty messages you got, I hope that whoever sent them to you will have the maturity to apologize to you! :frustrated: