Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Can dogs be litterbox trained??

crochetdiva
January 31st, 2008, 02:09 PM
I have four puppies that are 4 weeks old and starting to use the paper. One of the buyers wanted to know if we could litterbox train them. Has anyone heard of this, or experienced this??

ancientgirl
January 31st, 2008, 02:48 PM
I don't know of anyone who has done this, but I have seen doggy litter at the pet store, so apparently it can and is done.

Purpledomino
February 1st, 2008, 08:09 AM
I have had to indoor potty train my Minpin pup as he was aquired in the winter months. Yep, tried the paper thing....very messy and the pee just went everywhere. Thought about litter training, so bought a litter box sized rubber container at Walmart and added litter. That didn't work, puppy kept getting litter stuck to his nose and tracked litter everywhere, so what worked was litter...then I put a few paper towels over the litter and changed the paper. Now out of convenience I use a puppy pad in the box, which are expensive and not good environmentally.

I read an ad in Modern Dog magazine about an environmentally friendly indoor potty system called the "UGODOG", which looked real good. On Ebay they have these kinds of contraptions as well. I'm going to ask at my local pet store next time I'm in town if they carry them. :fingerscr

www.ugodog.net

ancientgirl
February 1st, 2008, 08:43 AM
Not long ago I saw something on Home and Garden TV. I thought it actually looked rather neat and pretty inventive. It looks expensive, but I imagine with a little ingenuity you can make this yourself. They sell the sod and looks like some of the cleaning solutions.

Pet a Potty - The Original Dog Potty (http://www.petapotty.com/)