Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

lorrainevn
January 31st, 2008, 01:41 PM
Hi to everyone on this site, I have just registered:o would it be ok for me to ask the members of this site, what would they do if their pet was involved in a first aid situation? the reason I am asking this, is because I am a qualified veterinary nurse and have been involved with clients for a great number of years and when a pet is involved in a first aid situation most owners feel completely lost in this type of situation, with this in mind I am in the process of developing a pet education workshop on first aid, would anybody feel more confident coming along to a first aid session? and learning how to deal with the basics of first aid for their pet.... I would be grateful of feedback from the members of this site, as afterall, we all want to increase our skills and knowledge of pet ownership. Let me know what you think - regards Lorraine :lightbulb:

phoozles
January 31st, 2008, 05:26 PM
Hi Lorraine, and welcome to the forum!

I think a first aid course is a great idea - it's always good to be educated, and to know what to do prior to taking your furry friend to the vet! :thumbs up

happycats
January 31st, 2008, 08:15 PM
WELCOME!!:)

I think you have a great idea, and I think most pet loving owners would love to take a pet forst aid workshop:thumbs up

Frenchy
January 31st, 2008, 09:37 PM
I think it's a great idea ! :lightbulb:

Welcome to pets.ca :)

hazelrunpack
January 31st, 2008, 09:41 PM
Hi, Lorraine. Welcome to the board.

The Red Cross (!!) actually sponsers pet first aid classes locally. I've never managed to schedule one in, though--I'm hoping to this summer. But I think it's a great idea!