Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Czarina update

ancientgirl
January 31st, 2008, 08:48 AM
I spoke to Miguel this morning, and he said he's for sure taking Czarina home. It seems that :censored: old hag has been throwing away her food and is complaining about rats and such. Miguel said he doesn't want to have a problem because he's to the point of telling this woman what to do with herself.

I told him to take her home tomorrow, that way she will be with him at his home the entire weekend. Hopefully she will associate him with her new surroundings and won't want to stray. I'm also getting Miguel a litter called "cat attract." I saw this online a couple of weeks ago and it's specially made for cats who don't use the litter box. Kittens, strays and such. This way if she uses the litter box indoors it will be easier to keep her in there, as opposed to her peeing outside the box, which is a huge problem I had.

I'm also getting her a collar with a tag you can just write your information on.

I just can't believe some people. Well no, actually I can. Some people just have no heart, they don't care. Yes, she has a dog, and she loves it, but I can't call her an animal lover. Because you can't just love one kind of animal and try to kick another to the curb every chance you get.:frustrated: I really really want to use some colorful language right now here but I think you all know what I'm thinking.

Love4himies
January 31st, 2008, 09:01 AM
I am glad she is going home with him, she will be safer inside anyways.

As for true animal lovers, they don't pick and choose who they love, they just love all animals.

luckypenny
January 31st, 2008, 09:01 AM
Miguel said he doesn't want to have a problem because he's to the point of telling this woman what to do with herself.

Perhaps it will keep her occupied for a while :D :o .

Czarina is certainly a fortunate girl to have you as her advocate :thumbs up .

ancientgirl
January 31st, 2008, 09:12 AM
We both just want her to be happy. She's no harm to anyone, which is why I'm doubly angry that this witch has taken it upon herself to mess with her. But really, if it's not her it would be something else. She's just a miserable person.

Miguel told me that he felt bad that I wouldn't be seeing her as much anymore, that I had to come to his house to see her. LOL, I told him for sure expect me to be going to his home now and then.

CearaQC
January 31st, 2008, 09:15 AM
Well maybe you all can plan a pot luck dinner at his place, or have more fun and cook together. :D

ancientgirl
January 31st, 2008, 09:33 AM
He lives up near where my dad lives, so I can always stop by his house and see my dad too at the same time.

Kristin7
January 31st, 2008, 11:39 AM
I hope it works out at their house! My boyfriend and I tried that Cat Attract litter and it worked for his cat who was missing the box (and hitting the rug in the hallway). We also confined her for a few weeks, which was longer than she liked but after we had let her out too early, and she was missing the box, using that litter and confining her completely solved the problem. You might suggest to them to set her up in a confined area at first, until she feels comfortable. I think this helps them adjust, even if there are no other animals in the house.

ancientgirl
January 31st, 2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks for that info. I'd hoped someone here had used Cat Attract before. I was going to ask him if they might be able to set her up in the laundry room. Have the box there and allow her to get used to it.

I want to make this as easy for him and his wife as possible. They are two older people and although they aren't dummies, they need a little education on how to help getting a kitty used to some things.

krdahmer
January 31st, 2008, 02:18 PM
That is great, that lady seems like such a jerk, and Czarina will be safer at Miguels. He should maybe start her in just one room, sort of confined while she gets used to being indoors and then gradually introduce her to the whole house. That way any litter mistakes are confined to one space and if she makes a run for it out the door she only gets to the hallway! ;)

Tell Miguel he's our kitty hero.... and give him a Pets.ca hug for us! :grouphug:

I'm sure also that Czarina will look forward to your visits.... sans the fab 4... when she has you all to herself!! ;):o

ancientgirl
January 31st, 2008, 02:31 PM
That is great, that lady seems like such a jerk, and Czarina will be safer at Miguels. He should maybe start her in just one room, sort of confined while she gets used to being indoors and then gradually introduce her to the whole house. That way any litter mistakes are confined to one space and if she makes a run for it out the door she only gets to the hallway! ;)

Tell Miguel he's our kitty hero.... and give him a Pets.ca hug for us! :grouphug:

I'm sure also that Czarina will look forward to your visits.... sans the fab 4... when she has you all to herself!! ;):o

When I leave work today I'm getting him the litter and a box. I'm going to explain to him that she will be a very good kitty indoors so I think he'll make a good effort and so will his wife.

I'm praying it will all work out well.

chico2
January 31st, 2008, 04:21 PM
Hopefully she'll stay put:pray:
Miguel seems to be a sweet man and I hope Czarina realises that and yes,give him a hug from us:cat:

As for that woman,I have in my lifetime known many people who ONLY loves dogs,think nothing of any other animal on our planet,there are plenty like that out there.
A true animal-lover,might prefer dogs/cats in their home,but still cares about any other animal,my:2cents:

ancientgirl
January 31st, 2008, 06:18 PM
Hopefully she'll stay put:pray:
Miguel seems to be a sweet man and I hope Czarina realises that and yes,give him a hug from us:cat:

As for that woman,I have in my lifetime known many people who ONLY loves dogs,think nothing of any other animal on our planet,there are plenty like that out there.
A true animal-lover,might prefer dogs/cats in their home,but still cares about any other animal,my:2cents:

I feel the same way. I prefer cats, but it's not to say I can't love a dog or a horse or a rabbit. I'm not going to get angry because a poor homeless animal is being fed and kept from starvation.

Watever, Karma is going to get her sooner or later!

I think it's a good idea for Miguel to take Czarina home tomorrow. That way he's got the entire weekend for her to be at his home and for her to associate THAT place as where he is.

I bought her a little collar with a waterproof tag so Miguel can put his phone number on there in case she gets out of his property. It's also reflective, so she can be seen in the dark. And I got the Cat Attract litter along with a litter box that you sift, which is kind of cool.

Pray everyone please! I want so badly for her to go with him and STAY with him.