Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My possible new foster

ancientgirl
January 30th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Henry sent me a picture of the kitty in question. He's taking him to the vet tomorrow and will let me know if he's got any health issues and if he's neutered. Once I've got more information I can start to contact some of the rescues and even post a flyer at my vet's office.

He's a cutie though!

I think I'll call him Boris. He sort of looks like a Boris :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Foster/2f0cdee6.jpg

sugarcatmom
January 30th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Awww, he's a Snowshoe!! How cute. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowshoe_(cat)

ancientgirl
January 30th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks for that info! He really does look just gorgeous. I hope the vet news tomorrow is good. If his owner isn't found via microchip, I may bring him home tomorrow from Henry's house.

krdahmer
January 30th, 2008, 03:39 PM
He's handsome... looks more like a Zorro to me though (must be the mask markings) ;)

Toonces
January 30th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Wow he is a good looking fella and he does look like a Boris

Stacer
January 30th, 2008, 04:02 PM
He looks like he's part raccoon!! Very handsome.

I hope he's just someone's beloved pet who's gone missing and the owners can be easily found,

ancientgirl
January 30th, 2008, 04:21 PM
He does look like a bit of a raccoon. I also hope he's just someone's lost pet. Someone who has him chipped and has the information up to date.

If not I'll have a new guest. The thing is, Henry told me he's very friendly. So it would be a little different than having Czarina, who was an outdoor kitty and used to only her gang.

want4rain
January 30th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Dimitri is also a good name. he is *quite* handsome!!!

-ash

chico2
January 30th, 2008, 05:12 PM
ancient,just because he is friendly,does not mean he'll be friendly with your 4 kitties,unfortunately..
He certainly is a beauty though,someone must be looking for him:fingerscr

hazelrunpack
January 30th, 2008, 05:59 PM
He's darling (but don't tell him that--tell him he's handsome...boys don't like to be called 'darling' :p)

I've never seen a cat with markings like that. Very distinctive!

Congrats on your possible new foster, btw! :fingerscr that he likes your current crew and is a good player. :cat:

ancientgirl
January 30th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Henry will be taking him to the vet so I'm really hoping he's chipped and someone is looking for him. If not I'll get a health report tomorrow, and either way I've got an appointment with my vet just to bring him by.

I'm not going to put him with mine. I'd like to keep him in the same area I had kept Czarina. If he is someone's pet at least he won't be feral, which is what Czarina was to a degree.

He's certainly beautiful, but I know he's not a keeper. I just have to keep telling myself that!

rainbow
January 30th, 2008, 06:39 PM
He's a very handsome boy. :lovestruck: I hope his owner is located. :fingerscr If not, I hope he gets along with your kitties because I have a feeling that he'll be yours. ;)

Btw, I love your new avatar. :thumbs up

ancientgirl
January 30th, 2008, 07:07 PM
He's a very handsome boy. :lovestruck: I hope his owner is located. :fingerscr If not, I hope he gets along with your kitties because I have a feeling that he'll be yours. ;)

Btw, I love your new avatar. :thumbs up

Gah! LOL, he's really a beautiful boy, but OMG, I can't imagine 5 cats in this apartment.

Dracko
January 30th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Very unique looking cat. Can't wait to here what happens with him. :fingerscr

ancientgirl
January 30th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I've been doing a bit of reading on them. They are a purebreed, that's the first thing Henry told me.

I'm thinking more and more that he really might be someone's lost pet. I'm crossing my fingers he's chipped and they can find his owners.

If not, I might have a new kitty.:eek:

clm
January 30th, 2008, 11:37 PM
He is beautiful....such beautiful markings. I like the name Boris.

Cindy

Love4himies
January 31st, 2008, 08:38 AM
He is beautiful, ancientgirl, good luck finding his owners.

ancientgirl
January 31st, 2008, 08:41 AM
He really does have some unique markings. I just can't see that he's a stray born out in the streets. I was reading a bit about these Snowshoe Siamese and everything I've read says they are pretty rare. That's why I'm finding it hard to believe he's not someone's pet. He's got to be someone's lost kitty.

Frenchy
January 31st, 2008, 12:50 PM
Awww, he's a Snowshoe!!

Than he has no business in Miami ! He must be sent up north ... like in Quebec ? :rolleyes: :laughing:

That is a coooool cat ! :thumbs up

ancientgirl
January 31st, 2008, 02:14 PM
Than he has no business in Miami ! He must be sent up north ... like in Quebec ? :rolleyes: :laughing:

That is a coooool cat ! :thumbs up

Frenchy, I'll wait for that plane ticket in the mail. :D