Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Foster home information

coppperbelle
January 30th, 2008, 01:37 PM
A while back I remember reading about a guy who was fostering cats and the cats disappeared and so did the guy. All they found were the empty crates in the garbage. I remember he was involved with a university or something. I am not sure if I read it here or on another web site. I don't remember which group he was fostering for either.
I have been contacted by a young man who wants to foster for us and has experience fostering cats so this is the first thing that popped into my mind. :lightbulb: I know I shouldn't discriminate but I am just trying to be extra cautious.
If anyone remembers anything about this guy and cats can you IM me. I would appreciate it.

poodletalk
January 30th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Check your pm's

badger
January 30th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Poodletalk probably has the same info, but I'll PM you what I have.

cpietra16
January 30th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I have a picture. If you want to pm me , I'll send it to you. I'm at work but willbe home by 5:00.

badger
January 30th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Cpietra, can you send me the picture too? I've PM'd you my email addy.

NoahGrey
February 3rd, 2008, 12:04 PM
Are the cats ok? This is the first time I've heard of this story. Can someone Pm me with the whole story and picture of this guys. Thanks. I would like to have a record of him.

ACO22

coppperbelle
February 3rd, 2008, 04:21 PM
Are the cats ok? This is the first time I've heard of this story. Can someone Pm me with the whole story and picture of this guys. Thanks. I would like to have a record of him.

ACO22

No, unfortuntely I don't think the cats are okay.

:cry:

coppperbelle
February 5th, 2008, 08:38 PM
It turns out the reference this guy gave me doesn't remember him fostering for them.
Something about this guy set off warning bells.

cpietra16
February 6th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Go with your gut feeling, its always right. DOn't let him foster. Just my opinion, ofcourse.

poodletalk
February 6th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Well isn't that very suspicious? I wouldn't let him foster either.

chico2
February 6th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I remember that story and would say,definetly go with your gut feeling,the kitties depend on it:cat:

Love4himies
February 6th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Go with your gut, too many times we dismiss those tiny signs and regret it.