Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Oh boy, here I go again.

ancientgirl
January 30th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I just got a call from the guy that does our computer work at the office.

His first words to me were "Nuria, your a cat person right?"

Zoinks!

It turns out he's had a stray in his yard for a couple of weeks. He told me he looks to be a pure-breed Siamese. He's incredibly friendly, so he thinks it might have been someone's pet. Unfortunately, he can't keep it inside his house because his cat has FLV. He asked me what I knew about trying to find an organization to find this guy a home.

I asked him if he's taken the kitty to the vet, and he told me he has an appointment for him this week. I also asked him to have him checked to see if he's neutered. If not, he told me he might be able to do that for him at his vet's office. I did tell him his vet might be able to do it through the Cat Network and have done for free, since he was a stray.

I also told him to have the vet check if he's microchipped.

I asked him to send me a picture of him. I then told him to call me after he's taken him to the vet and stuff. That I'd consider fostering him until I found him a home. I can take the picture he sends me and send it to the places that were going to help me with Czarina. I can also make a flyer and take it to my vet's office to see if anyone is interested in adopting him.

I felt bad. Henry, my friend, told me he can't be more than a year old, because he's not a kitten but doesn't look full grown. And if he's someone's lost kitty he has no idea how to be an outdoor kitty.

I can't believe I'm doing this again. :laughing:

Frenchy
January 30th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I asked him if he's taken the kitty to the vet, and he told me he has an appointment for him this week.

Wow , people are so nice in your area !!! :thumbs up

If he's a purebred siamese , I'm sure there's a rescue that could help you ?

krdahmer
January 30th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Well now that the word is out.... Czarina will be the first of many I imagine. When I started taking in all these cats... the word spread like wildfire... now everyone comes to me with their cat questions or if they find one in need. Just think though, by coming to you that guy probably got some really great advice, and that little kitty is probably going to end up with a good home or returning home. :thumbs up:highfive::grouphug:

So wear that 'Crazy Cat Lady' badge with pride! ;) :laughing:

ancientgirl
January 30th, 2008, 12:35 PM
This guy is really nice, and he has a cat of his own. He said he'd love to keep the little guy, but due to the health condition with his cat, he can't.

Once I have more information and a picture, I'll start looking for some rescues. I'll post the picture here too so you guys can see him. I'm sure he's got to be adorable.

ancientgirl
January 30th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Well now that the word is out.... Czarina will be the first of many I imagine. When I started taking in all these cats... the word spread like wildfire... now everyone comes to me with their cat questions or if they find one in need. Just think though, by coming to you that guy probably got some really great advice, and that little kitty is probably going to end up with a good home or returning home. :thumbs up:highfive::grouphug:

So wear that 'Crazy Cat Lady' badge with pride! ;) :laughing:

LOL, I think I may have some badges made! I was glad to hear that he was taking him to the vet and said he'd get him neutered if he already wasn't. But I did tell him to ask his vet if he could help him out and do it through the Cat Network. I'm crossing my fingers he's microchipped and the vet can find out who he belongs to. Henry had no idea about microchipping so when I told him to do that, he said it would be the first thing he'd ask the vet to look for.:D

krdahmer
January 30th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Oh see and there ya go again... now that Henry knows he might get his kitty done too! The more info we can get out... and the more myths we can dispell the better I say. :D

ancientgirl
January 30th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Oh see and there ya go again... now that Henry knows he might get his kitty done too! The more info we can get out... and the more myths we can dispell the better I say. :D

Yes, I tried to give him as much information as I could. The thing is, some people pick up a stray and automatically think it's going to be a burden. But they don't realize there are things they can do to 1. help find the owner and 2 at least find a rescue that will help find it a home.

I've asked my landlord to see if he has a key to the door in my kitchen. When I had Czarina I was keeping her in the hallway area, so I'd leave through the kitchen, but had to come home through the front door. Which is how she got out. If I wind up having to keep the little guy for a while I can keep him in the hallway area and come in and out via the kitchen. I'm not worried about the F$ getting out, because I can easily block the entrance there and it's such a tight fit I can get in and block anybody that might want to get curious.

t.pettet
January 30th, 2008, 03:46 PM
You're such a sweetie for helping these homeless kitties, kudos to you:angel:

ancientgirl
January 30th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks. I just feel like if one of my kitties were out there, I'd want someone to be looking out for them trying to help them find their home.

I'm crossing my fingers he's microchipped and not a real stray. If he's someone's pet maybe they will be able to find a chip on him and find his owners.

rainbow
January 30th, 2008, 07:09 PM
I hope he is microchipped and his owner is found. :fingerscr Otherwise, I think that "Boris" is going to be yours. :D

ancientgirl
January 30th, 2008, 08:07 PM
I hope he's chipped too. He really is a lovely kitty. I was doing a bit of reading on them. And they're supposed to be really friendly especially with other cats.

If he's healthy I'll bring him into my home. I'll try to find him one, but if it doesn't happen then you're right. I will most likely keep him.

But I seriously have to have a look around here. Right now I've got 4 indoors. And it's pretty comfortable i think for all of them. They all get along well, except now Maks is trying to exert his authority over Oksana. Poor Maks, doesn't know what he's getting into with that little girl.

They would all have to get along very well. I don't think I have the energy to go through what I went through with Czarina. She didn't get along with any of them, and hurt Kiska. I can't have that. I have to keep my resident 4 safe and feeling comfortable in their space. This is their home and they have the right to feel safe here.

Any newcomer will really have to come in here and get along with everybody. I know that's asking for a lot, but I don't think my nerves can take an apartment full of cats that don't get along. Heck, if I owned stock in Lorazepam and Lexapro I'd be rich just from my own prescriptions!