Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ford Girl - you mentioned swimming

shelleyb
January 30th, 2008, 11:25 AM
in one of your replies, where do you take your golden swimming? We go to the off leash off Southland but are always looking for other options.

Ford Girl
January 30th, 2008, 11:41 AM
:o :o:o I take her to the dog pool at Pet Planet, deerfoot location...it's expesive (I think) so we don't do it often...but she loves it, it's an above ground small pool, they limit the dogs allowed at a time, you have to book a time for your dog...a trainer gets in with them, throws a ball or dive stick..she loves it.

But when it's warmer, besides the huge river at southland dog park, we head out towards McLean Creek - Bragg Creek, all kinds of small lakes and rivers along the highway, ...and also, I heard that out at the end of Calgary's far south...towards Cranston, Oakatoks...there is a dog park with a lake...I've never been tho...

Dazy's friend Sam lives just off Elbow, there's a dog park the runs along the river...deep enough to swim, but not scary fast flowing...not sure what it's called.

Do you live on that end of the city??

shelleyb
January 30th, 2008, 11:46 AM
we're in Chaparral so deep SE. I haven't heard of a dog park with a lake, I'll have to look into that. And the pool too....that sounds like a great idea! Do they have an area where you could dry them off?

Ford Girl
January 30th, 2008, 11:47 AM
I just found this too...

Place: Sandy Beach Picnic Site #5, below the offleash park, dog swimming area nearby!

On the Furever After site, it's where they hold their annual picnic. :)

shelleyb
January 30th, 2008, 11:48 AM
cool, we will have to check those out.

Is the pool at the Pet Planet on Manitou (sp), the one with the resort and day spa?

Ford Girl
January 30th, 2008, 11:49 AM
we're in Chaparral so deep SE. I haven't heard of a dog park with a lake, I'll have to look into that. And the pool too....that sounds like a great idea! Do they have an area where you could dry them off?

Not far from us, we are in Queensland. :) Yes, they dry them off, it's inside, they will give you a tour if you want, we have had Dazy spend a few nights at the resort there, she loves it. We use that day care every now and then too. It's right beside the new Princess Auto...close to the Humane Society. Deerfoot and 114th I think?

Ford Girl
January 30th, 2008, 11:55 AM
cool, we will have to check those out.

Is the pool at the Pet Planet on Manitou (sp), the one with the resort and day spa?

No, the Manitou Rd one is a training and day care facility (Dazy's there today actually!!) It's this one:

Resort & Day Spa
11550 40th Street SE
Reservations: (403) 279-3949
Day Spa: (403) 279-1746