Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Contemplating Big Changes For Mister

want4rain
January 29th, 2008, 09:29 PM
ive been tossing around how to work on Mister and Cailyns bond. currently Mister is allowed only in the living room and kitchen and dining room. i was thinking of expanding his domain to up in her room too. perhaps put a big doggy pillow at the edge of her bed??

he is kenneled also right now but its in the kitchen away from everyone (the only place a HUGE kennel would fit!!) so we dont use it unless everyone is in bed or we actually leave the house.

i left to have a parent teacher meeting this afternoon and left him out of his kennel. go figure!! the sky didnt fall!!! id like to get him to a point where the kennel is an option for him instead of an confinement. this, i think, was the first step to that.

anyways, i think id like to have him sleep up in her room. maybe not have free range up there (the gate is on the stairs most of the time because of Jeffrey anyway) but sleeping would be nice. i was thinking of temporarily putting his kennel in her room, maybe the doggy pillow too??

i was also thinking he would be good motivation to keep her room clean.

-ashley

growler~GateKeeper
January 30th, 2008, 12:40 AM
sounds like a good plan....on his account & Cailyns room cleaning part too :D

You can always try for a night or two, if it doesn't work out no harm done.

You just need to decide if it would be okay for Mister to be sleeping ON Cailyns bed (which I think is okay just my :2cents: of course I don't have kids or a dog {right now}) cuz you know he will try & she will probably encourage him to come up :D - what kid doesn't want to cuddle with a dog on the bed:cloud9:.

luckypenny
January 30th, 2008, 01:05 AM
It doesn't sound like it would hurt to try. All three of our dogs have always chosen to sleep in our room but only recently, the past few weeks now, the girls sleep with my younger son on his bed. I haven't figured out why they chose to sleep with him yet, other than his mattress is probably more comfy than their cushions :shrug: . Chances are you'll find Mister cuddled up with Cailyn in the mornings :cloud9: .

rainbow
January 30th, 2008, 01:13 AM
I also agree it doesn't hurt to try as long as you don't mind Mister sleeping on Cailyn's bed. :D

Luba
January 30th, 2008, 03:21 AM
I just wanted to say I think 'Mister' is a great name and it's actually a nickname we use about my house from a movie 'where the river flows north' with Tantoo Cardinal and Rip Torn.

If you haven't seen it, rent it and you'll see what I mean. Good movie too, Michael J Foxx has a roll in it as well. :thumbs up

Good luck with this all.

want4rain
January 30th, 2008, 08:43 AM
*chuckles* i dont think id be too upset with Mister sleeping with her. my only dilemma is that we feed raw and he eats right before bed so he would head up there right after eating and potentially rolling in it to just head up stairs to curl up in bed with her. :rolleyes: we feed at night because he spends the morning with Jeffrey. his exposure to his raw meatyness is as little as we can make it. :)

to also say my dog Betsey slept with me for years. curled right behind my legs. :) i sure miss her.

Luba, ill check out that movie. we have a rather well stocked local video store here. they have been collecting and keeping movies for over 25 years. can still rent VHS if they have it.

-ashley