Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Maks and Kiska

ancientgirl
January 29th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I haven't posted a picture of my two little ones side by side in a while.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/031-3.jpg

They've come a long way from the two tiny kittens I rescued a few months ago.

want4rain
January 29th, 2008, 07:19 PM
awwww they are so cute Nuria. :)

-ash

ancientgirl
January 29th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Thanks! Kiska has such an innocent little face. And Maks is so animated.

You know, I'm going to try and get some pictures of Vlad and Oksana in the next coming week. February is Vlad's estimated birth month and April is Oksana's. I want to have some nice birthday announcements made for them. I'm probably also going to invite a couple of friends over for a little kitty birthday party!

I'm even going to attempt to take a picture of them both in the same spot! They are so hard to get to sit still long enough for a good picture unless it's just of one of them.

clm
January 29th, 2008, 10:06 PM
They're so cute! They have an oriental look about them, more oriental than the british shorthair. Must be the fine features and the ears.

Cindy

growler~GateKeeper
January 30th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Wow they're growing up :cloud9: This pic really shows the fine features in Kiska's face especially.

Have you seen Ford Girl's cat Pubert? http://www.pets.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=536111&postcount=5
Maks looks like Pubert :cloud9:

krdahmer
January 30th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Aw thanks... I needed some cuteness before I go to bed.:lovestruck:

rainbow
January 30th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Awww...they are so cute. :lovestruck: Kiska looks almost as big as Maks in that pic. :)

ancientgirl
January 30th, 2008, 09:36 AM
They're so cute! They have an oriental look about them, more oriental than the british shorthair. Must be the fine features and the ears.

Cindy

They both have really large ears, Maks especially. I think though out of all of them Oksana's face looks most like an oriental.

ancientgirl
January 30th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Wow they're growing up :cloud9: This pic really shows the fine features in Kiska's face especially.

Have you seen Ford Girl's cat Pubert? http://www.pets.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=536111&postcount=5
Maks looks like Pubert :cloud9:

Yes, Maks and Pubert do look quite a bit alike. Maks and Kiska are long kitties LOL. I remember Vlad and Oksana at about 6 months and they weren't as long as them.

That's the bad part about rescuing kittens. You never get to see their parents so you are left wondering what they will look like when they grown up. But then you don't want them to grow up too fast, because you want to enjoy them being kittens.

ancientgirl
January 30th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Awww...they are so cute. :lovestruck: Kiska looks almost as big as Maks in that pic. :)

She's actually catching up to him. For a while she was really small. She's still thinner than him, and weighs less, he's more solid than she is. But as far as size, they're almost the same.

SARAH
January 30th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I wonder if they might have some abyssinian in them ... you can tell the family resemblance though. Sooo cute!

ancientgirl
January 30th, 2008, 11:45 AM
I wonder if they might have some abyssinian in them ... you can tell the family resemblance though. Sooo cute!

I can see abyssinian in them too.

LOL, yes they do have a resemblance. At night when they pop their little face into my view, it takes me a while to figure out who I'm looking at.

Love4himies
January 31st, 2008, 07:25 AM
LOL, yes they do have a resemblance. At night when they pop their little face into my view, it takes me a while to figure out who I'm looking at.

:laughing: :laughing: Yes, they do have the exact same physical profile.

ancientgirl
January 31st, 2008, 08:32 AM
:laughing: :laughing: Yes, they do have the exact same physical profile.

That's it. Vlad has a rounder face and head, so in the mornings when I see a black head in my view, I know it's Oksana because her head is smaller and shaped differently than Vlad's.

But Maks and Kiska are exactly alike! Not to mention, they aren't just one solid color, they're patterned, so in the dark it's doubly hard to tell. Really the ONLY way is if I'm touching them. Maks feels more solid than Kiska. She's a little more delicate and lighter. Their meows are different too. Kiska meows louder and is more insistent. Maks is almost like a raspy little short meow.