Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

V-Day Photo shoot with new camera! Woohoo!

Smiley14
January 29th, 2008, 01:21 AM
I just got a SLR!!! So of course I had to start playing with it right away! :) I still have a LOT to learn and these are kind of blurry, but I'm still proud of myself anyway! Considering I have NO CLUE what I'm doing, LOL, I'm pleased! :)

Happy Early Valentines Day from Belle, Petey, and Billy!

Smiley14
January 29th, 2008, 01:22 AM
And Billy's that I just took tonight! :) I'm so excited that I can finally get pics of his gorgeous blue eyes without the glowing red demon look, LOL!

Lukka'sma
January 29th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Cute, cute and cute.
Looks like the camera works very well:thumbs up

chico2
January 29th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Smiley,those are BEAUTIFUL:thumbs up
I too want a new Digi-Cam,I want one,I want onehttp://bestsmileys.com/beging/1.gif:laughing:

ancientgirl
January 29th, 2008, 08:38 AM
These pictures are all gorgeous!

What kind of a camera did you get? I've got a Canon digital, but it's 4 megapixels. And the delay drives me nuts. I lose so many good shots because of it.

Frenchy
January 29th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Like always : too cute ! :thumbs up We were starting to miss them :sad:

hazelrunpack
January 29th, 2008, 12:32 PM
I think red is their color! :lovestruck: Great Valentine shots, Smiley! :thumbs up I love Petey and Belle together--they make such a lovely couple. And Billy looks like he's doing great!

Smiley14
January 29th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys!!!! I know, I'm SO sorry for not being around much lately! Jan is our busiest time at work normally with having to write and present annual reviews and raises for the teams, but then with the drop in interest rates, our volume has literally exploded! It's been absolutely INSANE. Last week, my reps were working until 4am, crawling under their desks to sleep for a few hours and then getting right back to work at 7am again when the office opens. I've been running home to give the pups a break, and then going right back into work again. We're averaging over 22,000 calls a day with only about 100 reps total. Normal volume is about 3000 calls a day. It's crazy times right now! :eek:

But I'm loving my new camera!!! I just got it this weekend. It's so fancy! It's the Canon XTi. I found a really good deal on Ebay for it. :) The thing is overwhelming though, LOL! I'm trying to play with the various functions and figure it out. :)

Petey and Belle are doing SO good together though. I still can't believe how lucky I am that they get along so well. It's so awesome to see! And Billy is going good too! He's not eating as much as he should be as he doesn't like the food switch, but he's at least eating still and I haven't noticed any changes in his activity level or alertness or weight yet, so that's good. He goes back in next week for follow up blood tests, so I'm anxious to see if his BUN levels have come down at all. I'll let you guys know! :fingerscr

growler~GateKeeper
January 29th, 2008, 11:07 PM
The photos look fabulous, not blurry :thumbs up YAY new camera :highfive:

:lovestruck: Billy blue eyes :lovestruck: :eek: I never saw the nick in his ear wow - what happened there? :grouphug: for Billy - glad he's doing good - I was going to demand an update in his thread tonight :D

Petey & Belle too cute as always :cloud9:

Smiley14
January 30th, 2008, 12:18 AM
The photos look fabulous, not blurry :thumbs up YAY new camera :highfive:

:lovestruck: Billy blue eyes :lovestruck: :eek: I never saw the nick in his ear wow - what happened there? :grouphug: for Billy - glad he's doing good - I was going to demand an update in his thread tonight :D

Petey & Belle too cute as always :cloud9:

Thanks Growler!!!!

I think Billy has the most gorgeous blue eyes ever! :lovestruck: But I'm a tad biased. :laughing: His ear happened so many ears ago, I don't even notice it anymore! When we got him 17 years ago, we lived out in the middle of nowhere, so he was allowed to roam outside at the time. When he was about 6 months old, he got attacked and treed by a stray Tom cat. It was just before he got neutered so probably some territorial thing. We heard him howling and found him bloody in the tree with a chunk of his ear missing. :( Back then, it was just a country vet who didn't even do anything but clean it. We kept him mostly indoors after that and when he was about four I got my first apartment in the Cities and brought him with me then. The rest is history! :)

growler~GateKeeper
January 30th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Billy does have gorgeous blue eyes (my fave eye colour cuz it's mine too :laughing::rolleyes::D)

Well it certainly gives him the air of mystery doesn't it, very dashing :flirt:....poor baby kitten musta been scarey :grouphug:

:headslap: I forgot to say: Happy Early Valentines Day Billy, Petey & Belle

rainbow
January 30th, 2008, 02:02 AM
I never noticed Billy's ear until now either. :o And, I love that close-up shot of him. :cloud9:

Great Valentines pics of Petey and Belle too. :lovestruck: Do their collars have little hearts on them? :D

Smiley14
January 31st, 2008, 12:03 AM
I never noticed Billy's ear until now either. :o And, I love that close-up shot of him. :cloud9:

Great Valentines pics of Petey and Belle too. :lovestruck: Do their collars have little hearts on them? :D

LOL, yep, those are hearts. :)