Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hi everyone i'm annie

dejesu24513
January 28th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Hi Everyone My Name Is Annie. I'm So Excided Meeting You All.
Hope To Get Some Help And Information On My Pet.

Dejesu24513

phoozles
January 29th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Hi Annie, and welcome!

happycats
January 29th, 2008, 05:05 PM
WELCOME!!!:)

dejesu24513
January 29th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Hi... I Was Giving A Yellow Labrador Retriever As A Gift. He's A 1yr. And 7 Months Old. His Name Is Gino. He's Adorable...very Friendly...loves To Play, And Most Of All Very Active. There Is A Problem. He Loves To Dig. I Mean Digging Holes All Over The Yard, Espcailly Around The Foundation Of The House. Don't Know What To Do. I Tried Scolding Him. I Take Him Where He Has Dug The Holes And Say "no-no".
But He Continue To Do So. I Have To Fill Up The Holes Before My Husband Comes From Work And See All The Mess. I Have 2 More Little Dogs, And I Never Had That Problem. Does Anyone Has Any Clue Or Experiance On This Matter.

julieV
February 5th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Hi annie
Some dogs just love to dig and no matter what you do its hard to stop. I think you do definately need to let your dog know where it can't dig by saying NO. If that doesn't work buy a small sand box and fill it with dirt/sand and try to train your dog to only dig in that area. Hope you find a solution.
JulieV

Barbsy
February 5th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Our dearly departed 18 year old mixed breed dog loved to dig in one specific spot near the foundation of the house. Everytime he got excited or after a good run, he'd go to the spot and dig. Then he'd look at us with a mischievous look and looked like he had a grin. We laughed at his antics. We left the hole there for him and he was quite content to dig in that spot alone. So maybe your dog should be given one spot to dig.:thumbs up

14+kitties
February 5th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Hi annie and welcome to the forum. As soon as you can we love seeing pics here. Hint :rolleyes:
I think giving your exhuberant pup a place of his own to dig and taking him to his spot if he starts elsewhere in the yard is a good solution. Some dogs just gotta dig!