Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Has anyone heard of this german dog food??

heidiho
June 11th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Has anyone heard of[not sure how to spell it] hunkenflaken dog food,vet said it is supposed to be really good dog food??? And i am going to see the gsd rescue lady tomorrow,she said once a week she puts a drop off salmon oil in food,good for coat,was gonna get some.... :confused: :confused:

pointerfan
June 11th, 2004, 11:13 AM
I have heard of it although I have never used it. Here is a link:

http://www.solidgoldhealth.com

heidiho
June 11th, 2004, 11:17 AM
You are awsome thank you,wow i was way off with the spelling,when he was at the rescue place he was eating this,and truthfully his poops were nice and solid,i have him eating the nutro again,and just like before when i put him on it,they are not formed at all,was thinking of getting a bag from her,she gets it cheaper because she is a rescue place... :D :D

Goldenmom
June 11th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Heidi, I feed my girls and rescues Nutro and I love it. I also put a tsp. of flax seed oil on their food once/day for their skin and coat. All of their coats are beautiful and the oil has cut down on the shedding.

Solid Gold is a superior dog food.

Heather

heidiho
June 11th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Yeah,he likes the nutro,but his poops are never solid,i am gonna get a bag from her of that german food tomorrow and start mixing it in and the salmon oil she has also.....Tanning is going bye-bye[golden you know what i mean]Got to give the dog the best food...

Goldenmom
June 11th, 2004, 12:18 PM
I'm very happy to hear this and for anybody that thinks I waste my time on you Heidi, sorry, but if some good comes out of this, then we are all better people for it.

Great going Heidi! I hope Damien enjoys his day tomorrow.

Heather

heidiho
June 11th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Thanks,guess i will just have to lay in this 110 degree weather,but see actually it takes about 20 minutes out here to get color,wish i had my own pool he just loves playing with water,he puts his ball in his water bowl,then at my friends she has a huge water bowl outside he always puts his front legs right in it,we have some lakes out here might try that..Yeah the food thing is important,i live on beefaroni,you know the dog must have the best of everything............... :D :D :D :D

mastifflover
June 11th, 2004, 01:39 PM
it is Solid Gold Hundenflunken it is a very high quality human grade with no filler. They also make supplements as well. This food in the long run will save you money at the vets.

heidiho
June 11th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Thanks,i keep hearing really good things about it,i am getting him a 30 pound nag tomorrow......And if it will sabe at the vet like you said i am in................ :D :D

heidiho
June 11th, 2004, 01:43 PM
What does that mean human grade/??