Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Seeping Poo

marky0140
January 28th, 2008, 06:58 PM
So, my cat has a GI tract problem, which is being treated and all. But he's got some anal leakage going on, and it's every bit as bad as it sounds. I'm curious if anyone knows of any way to keep him from messing up the house... It's not so bad until he sits down, or immediately after the litter box... But this treatment to get that to stop is set to take about a week.. And this is just maddening... He cleans himself, but short of chasing after him with some tissue usually the first sit down after he gets out of the litter box is a puddle of liquid poo. I just need some ideas for keeping my place from turning into a giant litter box... Please...

luckypenny
January 28th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Is there a room in your house that he can stay in until he's better?

marky0140
January 28th, 2008, 07:44 PM
nothing big enough, his area of travel before he cleans himself is fairly small... it's just that the area in question is a minefield, and it doesn't always happen after the litterbox, sometimes it'll just be out of the blue. I'm thinking I need something like doggy diapers, but cat tailored, something that'll stay on and he won't destroy... but the issue with that is when he does want to go to the litter box he'll be going in this diaper... Any ideas for streamlining of poo cleaning would be nice too, anyone whose had this problem before...

Myka
January 28th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Would you be able to put something down that is ok for him to mess up? Like a chunk of that green outdoor carpet? Or newspapers? Or a sheet of (about 6 mil) plastic? Or cut off the elastic and spread out one of those plastic bed cover things for when kids (or elderly) pee the bed?