Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What kind of pet owner are you? (quiz)

TeriM
January 28th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Check out this quiz :D. I scored 21 which rates me at the high end of "consistant but caring".

http://www.canadianliving.com/life/pets/quiz_what_kind_of_pet_owner_are_you.php

Tommysmom
January 28th, 2008, 06:33 PM
24 here... 'strict but loving'... or at least that's what I WOULD be if I actually DID the things I know I should do:o.

TeriM
January 28th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Hehe, no cheating. Gotta answer what you really would do not what we all know we should do :D.

luckypenny
January 28th, 2008, 06:40 PM
23 - Strict but loving :o . I think I'd rather be 'consistent but caring' :o .

Just because I don't let the dogs sleep on my bed doesn't mean they're not allowed on the boys' beds :D .

phoozles
January 28th, 2008, 06:43 PM
a 20 here - I couldn't lie about letting the sick kitty go to town on the couch :o .. Luckily when my guys were sick they didn't do it - because I'd be furniture shopping right now!

TeriM
January 28th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Just because I don't let the dogs sleep on my bed doesn't mean they're not allowed on the boys' beds :D .

:laughing: I had to kick Riley off the bed this morning. He decided at 6:30 that he should be able to come up on the bed. Dogs are allowed only when there is a vacancy (ie. human is gone) and hubby wasn't working today so there was no vacancy. The first time I told him to get off the bed he just tried to make himself super tiny (not easy for a huge lab) but he eventually gave up. Don't worry he got lots of morning bed snuggles later :cloud9:.

Dracko
January 28th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Another "consistent and caring."

You scored 15-21: Consistent and caring
For the most part, you are very consistent when it comes to disciplining your pet. You can say no when you need to, but also know when the priority should be play-time, or when your pet just wants attention. You know the importance of enforcing rules with regularity, but can also relax those rules to suit the situation.

Frenchy
January 28th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I scored 20. :cool:

joeysmama
January 28th, 2008, 08:09 PM
"Pushover" reporting for duty !!:rolleyes:

kit1469
January 28th, 2008, 08:37 PM
loved the quiz :D would be nice if it was more geared to cats tho since thats what i have but still .. hehe im apparently

You scored 15-21: Consistent and caring
For the most part, you are very consistent when it comes to disciplining your pet. You can say no when you need to, but also know when the priority should be play-time, or when your pet just wants attention. You know the importance of enforcing rules with regularity, but can also relax those rules to suit the situation.

.. sounds about right id say

Gibbons
January 28th, 2008, 09:25 PM
I got 22- strict but loving. But, I kept falling in between the two answers - I would do something LIKE that, but also similar to THAT one... so I'd just pick randomly between the two.

I'm probably closer to consistent and caring. Maybe. I'd like to think, anyway :P

Byrd
January 28th, 2008, 09:39 PM
21 Consisant but Caring. Would have been Strict but Loving but hey, I let her sleep on my bed and that will never change.:sleepy:

clm
January 28th, 2008, 09:40 PM
I got 22, strict but loving.

Cindy

Shaykeija
January 28th, 2008, 10:07 PM
scored 18
:D:D:D:D

pbpatti
January 28th, 2008, 10:57 PM
I scored a 23 Strict but loving. although if they had some more questions I'm sure it would be consistant but caring. pbp

krdahmer
January 28th, 2008, 11:16 PM
12....so a pushover here... but only because I use a spray bottle so the answers didn't really apply! :rolleyes::laughing:

rainbow
January 29th, 2008, 02:49 AM
I got 21 .....consistant but caring.

Ford Girl
January 29th, 2008, 01:00 PM
You scored 22-28: Strict, but loving
Your pet knows who the boss is. There are no questions when it comes to whatís allowed Ė and what isnít. You take pet obedience very seriously and made sure you were consistent with disciplining him right from the start. You love your pet, but run a tight ship. Thereís no counter-hopping, shoe-chewing or furniture-scratching in your house and thatís that way you like it!

This doesn't surprise me at all, I have to be this way, it's not an option to let things slide with my critters....the second I am leanient or allow them to do what I don't usually allow, it gets out of control and we end up working harder in the end. :shrug:

If I could ease up, I surley would. :cloud9: But they are use to it, so I don't always have to be the drill sargent...a look or stance says it all. :laughing:

ancientgirl
January 29th, 2008, 01:29 PM
LOL, I was dangerously close to being a pushover. I scored 16 "Consistent and Caring"

I can live with that.:D

H.P.
January 29th, 2008, 08:40 PM
21 here...

Kashi
January 31st, 2008, 01:33 PM
24 here - strict but loving or some such thing